What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA Cultural Review

Mr Spock!

Referee
https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics..._pact_after_damning_ethics_centre_review.html

The pact reads:
"We recognise how lucky we are to play this great game.
We respect the game and its traditions. We want to make all Australians proud.
Compete with us.
Smile with us.
Fight on with us.
Dream with us."

Could you imagine Lillee or Thommo saying such dross? They'd tell you to take your gay horsehit somewhere else?

No wonder we have no characters in the game anymore.

Bazal

Post Whore
I've been thinking about this whole mess, and I really think JL has erred with this whole culture thing. He's gone full hippy on us...

It's not that I don't agree the culture needed to change, it absolutely did, that much is obvious. It's the way he's felt the need to play this whole thing out in the media. Why on earth did we need to see that pledge? Like, whether you like the intent or not, it's a pile of new age wankery in terms of the wording. Vom. It's not even relevant to the average cricket fan, but it being so wanky and then releasing it, you just make people think the side are a pack of weirdos.

More than that, you just give people ammunition. Look at the meltdown that Mr Spork dude had last night. There are a lot of Aussie fans like that who are stuck in the kind of outdated mentality that sees a deeply flawed (by his own admission) character like AB almost kill Dean Jones in India and calls him a heroic leader for it. It just swings the pendulum right back the other way; where we were appalled that we could sink as low as cheating, however minor some might consider it, now people are going to be ripping into the side for being soft and pointing to stuff like that silly pledge as evidence.

I just think all this sort of thing should be happening behind closed doors. Tell the public "we are working to change the culture within the sheds and the way we play on the field" and leave it at that. Have as many pledges as you like, but don't start showing them off to the media as evidence of how much you've changed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Now Tubby has quit

Cricket Australia thanks Mark Taylor AO
November 05, 2018

Mark Taylor AO today advised the Board of Cricket Australia of his decision to step down from his role as Director, effective immediately.

Mr Taylor served a total of 13 years on the Board.

First appointed from September 2004 to September 2012, he was re-appointed in June 2013.

Cricket Australia Interim Chairman, Earl Eddings thanked Mr Taylor for his valuable contribution to the Board.

Mr Eddings said:

“While we would like Mark to continue as a Director on the Board, we appreciate his reasons and have accepted his resignation. Mark has given an enormous amount to Australian cricket over three decades as a player, captain and Board member.

“A prolific opening batsman, and widely regarded as one of Australia’s best captains, Mark has been a statesman of the game, showing great leadership on and off the field.

“Mark was appointed to the Cricket NSW Board the year he finished playing in 1999.

“He spent 12 years as a state Board member, combining this with his national Board role for a time.

“Mark has played a significant role in helping build and shape relationships within the cricket community, specifically with players past and present, and in his role as Director has always worked collaboratively with key parties to put the interests of Australian cricket first.

“It’s been an honour to have an icon of Australian Cricket serving on the Board of Cricket Australia, and our best wishes go to Mark. We thank him for his ongoing commitment and valuable insights to the game.

“While it has been a difficult few weeks for Australian Cricket, The Board of Cricket Australia and the Executive team are committed to rebuilding and earning the trust of the cricket community,” said Mr Eddings.

Speaking on his resignation, Mark Taylor said:

“With a total of 13 years Board service, and as Cricket Australia’s current longest-serving Director, I reached this decision following a high degree of soul searching and, importantly, having the game’s best interests clearly in mind.

“I have always appreciated serving cricket at this peak level, especially as it enabled me to repay my gratitude at being given the ultimate privilege and honour of representing my country, along with the added rare honour of being appointed its captain.

“Following on from the events in March this year that rocked the cricketing world, and the ongoing damage this created for our game, including vital employer-employee relationships, my principle brief has been to work hard at fostering and restoring a workable, meaningful and respectful understanding between Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association, especially at a time when both parties were still recovering from the prolonged spirited, vigorous, and, sometimes, toxic MoU negotiations dating back to mid-2017.

“As Australian cricket faces up to its latest challenge, the time therefore has arrived for me to step back and allow Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association to work from a fresh page in restoring the important values that have enabled Australia, for many years, to be recognised as one of the world’s most admired and successful cricket nations.

“My decision also removes the conflicts that have lately emerged with me striving to achieve a better working relationship between Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association whilst having to address my ongoing role of reporting on cricket for the Nine Network.

“My best wishes, as always, go to the Board of Cricket Australia and the game of cricket wherever it is played and enjoyed,” said Mr Taylor.

A search for two vacant positions on the Board will commence immediately.

https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au...et-australia-thanks-mark-taylor-ao/2018-11-05

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
with people calling for Pat Howard;s head there could be 3 spots up for graps

undertaker

Coach
Now Tubby has quit

Cricket Australia thanks Mark Taylor AO
November 05, 2018

Mark Taylor AO today advised the Board of Cricket Australia of his decision to step down from his role as Director, effective immediately.

Mr Taylor served a total of 13 years on the Board.

First appointed from September 2004 to September 2012, he was re-appointed in June 2013.

Cricket Australia Interim Chairman, Earl Eddings thanked Mr Taylor for his valuable contribution to the Board.

Mr Eddings said:

“While we would like Mark to continue as a Director on the Board, we appreciate his reasons and have accepted his resignation. Mark has given an enormous amount to Australian cricket over three decades as a player, captain and Board member.

“A prolific opening batsman, and widely regarded as one of Australia’s best captains, Mark has been a statesman of the game, showing great leadership on and off the field.

“Mark was appointed to the Cricket NSW Board the year he finished playing in 1999.

“He spent 12 years as a state Board member, combining this with his national Board role for a time.

“Mark has played a significant role in helping build and shape relationships within the cricket community, specifically with players past and present, and in his role as Director has always worked collaboratively with key parties to put the interests of Australian cricket first.

“It’s been an honour to have an icon of Australian Cricket serving on the Board of Cricket Australia, and our best wishes go to Mark. We thank him for his ongoing commitment and valuable insights to the game.

“While it has been a difficult few weeks for Australian Cricket, The Board of Cricket Australia and the Executive team are committed to rebuilding and earning the trust of the cricket community,” said Mr Eddings.

Speaking on his resignation, Mark Taylor said:

“With a total of 13 years Board service, and as Cricket Australia’s current longest-serving Director, I reached this decision following a high degree of soul searching and, importantly, having the game’s best interests clearly in mind.

“I have always appreciated serving cricket at this peak level, especially as it enabled me to repay my gratitude at being given the ultimate privilege and honour of representing my country, along with the added rare honour of being appointed its captain.

“Following on from the events in March this year that rocked the cricketing world, and the ongoing damage this created for our game, including vital employer-employee relationships, my principle brief has been to work hard at fostering and restoring a workable, meaningful and respectful understanding between Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association, especially at a time when both parties were still recovering from the prolonged spirited, vigorous, and, sometimes, toxic MoU negotiations dating back to mid-2017.

“As Australian cricket faces up to its latest challenge, the time therefore has arrived for me to step back and allow Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association to work from a fresh page in restoring the important values that have enabled Australia, for many years, to be recognised as one of the world’s most admired and successful cricket nations.

“My decision also removes the conflicts that have lately emerged with me striving to achieve a better working relationship between Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association whilst having to address my ongoing role of reporting on cricket for the Nine Network.

“My best wishes, as always, go to the Board of Cricket Australia and the game of cricket wherever it is played and enjoyed,” said Mr Taylor.

A search for two vacant positions on the Board will commence immediately.

https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au...et-australia-thanks-mark-taylor-ao/2018-11-05

More Fujitsu ads lined up for Tubby, I see.

TIGER14

Bench
Howard, Amarfio depart CA

Two executives depart Cricket Australia as change continues following release of cultural review

A wide-ranging restructure of Cricket Australia’s management will see Executive General Manager of Team Performance, Pat Howard, leave his role next week, almost a year earlier than his planned departure.

Howard, the former Australia rugby representative who was appointed to oversee the regeneration of the national men’s team in the wake of the 2010-11 home series Ashes loss to England, is among the latest to exit CA as the fallout continues from the ball-tampering scandal and ensuing culture review.

In addition to Howard’s departure, which will take effect next week, newly installed CA Chief Executive Officer Kevin Roberts announced that Ben Amarfio, EGM of Broadcasting and Commercial who oversaw this year’s broadcast rights deal, had also left the organisation effective immediately.

The sweeping changes to CA’s management follow last week’s release of an independent review into the administration as well as the men’s team which found CA had developed an “arrogant” and “controlling” culture that was, in part, responsible for the emergence of a “win without counting the costs” philosophy.

That mindset was also seen to play a role in the decision by Australia’s men’s Test team to use sandpaper in a bid to change the condition of the ball during the series in South Africa earlier this year.

The position of EGM Team Performance was created in line with recommendations contained in the 2011 Argus review into the men’s team’s on-field results, and CA’s “diligent” and “faithful” implementation of that report’s findings was also cited as a key factor in events that led to the ball-tampering.

Howard had recently reiterated his intention not to seek re-appointment when his current contract expired at the conclusion of next year’s ICC World Cup and subsequent Ashes campaign in the UK.

“It is clear that we need to deepen our relationships with fans, players and the broader cricket community,” Roberts said in a statement that outlined the structural changes to CA’s management.

“We are committed to making cricket stronger and developing closer connections with the community and greater alignment across the organisation.

“Everyone at CA is focused on rebuilding and moving forward after what has been a turbulent year in Australian cricket.”

In the wake of the ball-tampering episode last March, Australia has lost the playing services of former captain Steve Smith and his deputy David Warner (both suspended for 12 months) as well as opener Cameron Bancroft (banned for nine months).

In addition, men’s team coach Darren Lehmann resigned in the days that followed the controversy, long-serving Chief Executive James Sutherland stood down after 17 years in the top job, and chair of the CA Board David Peever left his post last week as details of the culture review voluntarily undertaken by the organisation were made public.

Former Cricket Victoria director Earl Eddings was installed as interim chair, with the board to decide this month on a permanent appointment and to fill the vacancies that currently exist around the board table.

Earlier this week, ex-Test skipper Mark Taylor revealed he was also quitting as CA’s longest-serving board member, and Howard – who is effectively the boss of Australia’s men’s and women’s teams, as well as selection panels – will vacate his role next week.

A permanent replacement is not expected to be confirmed until early next year, but Howard will remain in the role to conduct a detailed handover to his interim successor, former Australia women’s team captain and currently CA’s EGM Community Cricket, Belinda Clark.

Roberts announced that Stephanie Beltrame, who headed up CA’s team during the recent broadcast rights negotiations which landed a $1.2 billion deal for the next six years, will take on the role of interim EGM Broadcasting and Commercial following Amarfio’s departure.

It was also revealed that CA’s digital media operation will now report to an expanded Fan Engagement department headed by former Big Bash League bossand recently EGM of Events and Leagues, Anthony Everard.

Among the senior appointments to be made in coming months will be the naming of a new Chief Operating Officer, the position held by Roberts prior to his elevation the CEO last month.

The new CA executive team as confirmed today is:

Kevin Roberts - CEO

Anthony Everard - EGM Fan Engagement

Belinda Clark - Interim EGM Team Performance

Christine Harman - General Counsel & Company Secretary

Karina Keisler - EGM Communications and Stakeholder Engagement

Kieran McMillan - Interim EGM Community Cricket

Mike Osborne - GM Technology

Raj Tapper - GM People and Culture

Stephanie Beltrame - Interim EGM Broadcasting & Commercial

Todd Shand - CFO

Nick Hockley - CEO ICC World T20 (reports to Board of Local Organising Committee)

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/pat...-australia-executive-kevin-roberts/2018-11-07

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Go McGilla, love your work mate

But MacGill, who played 44 Tests for Australia, delivered the most brutal assessment of the former Wallabies player.

“I just wish we had it a few years ago because Pat Howard has been stealing an income from Cricket Australia for a long time as far as I’m concerned,” MacGill told Macquarie Sports Radio.

“It was always a joke to me and to a lot of my mates that he was high performance manager when his performance during pretty much his whole time with Cricket Australia has been anything but.

“There was a period of time where Pat Howard was providing Australian selectors with a list of players they were allowed to pick the team from.

“In effect there was only one Australian selector and it was Pat Howard. It was absolute rubbish.”

One of Howard’s more controversial decisions was to introduce a workload limit on elite players, specifically the fast bowlers in order to limit injury risk.

Test legend Ian Chappell explained to Wide World of Sports why the introduction of those systems angered so many people within the game.

“As a captain, I wouldn’t have wanted Pat Howard coming to me and telling me Dennis Lillee couldn’t play the next Test because he’s in the red zone,” Chappell said.

“My response would have been to ask Dennis if he was right to play, and if he said yes I would have told Howard to buzz off, except I may not have been that polite.

“You’d like to think somebody who had a greater knowledge of what you’ve got to do at that level would have handled it a bit differently.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...yuRuBIe9N2RfKBkbTlrUCI0Sg49U18nsVuDzgmbsGcDnQ

TheParraboy

Staff member
The dribble from Kevin Roberts sticking up for Howard and his legacy was laughable.

Mitch Marsh loves him, no wonder he is always in the test side . Makes sense now

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018...quit-cricket-australia/10473008?section=sport

Australia's Test co vice-captain Mitchell Marsh praised Howard's tenure at CA.

"When he first came on board I wasn't quite sure," he said.

"He ... tells you how it is and a young Mitch Marsh really didn't like that.

"But over the last couple of years our relationship's grown. He's a great man, he's always had my best interests at heart and Cricket Australia's best interests at heart."

lockyno1

Post Whore
Of course Darsh would love the dud I mean he emulates Howard on how to fail endlessly

some11

Referee
"When he first came on board I wasn't quite sure," he said.

"He ... tells you how it is and a young Mitch Marsh really didn't like that.

"But over the last couple of years our relationship's grown. He's a great man, he's always had my best interests at heart and Cricket Australia's best interests at heart."
Did he just refer to himself in the third person?