What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cali RL join the NARL West Conference.

ACE88

Juniors
The California RL are confirmed to join the NARL West Conference in 2022, with the Utah RL set to follow.

This must be devastating news for the struggling USARL. I believe the USARL need to go fully Professional and input new blood onto the USARL board,

If the USARL carry on as they are currently, they will become a second tier League, and the NARL the Country’s Premier League.

siv

First Grade
There was always going to be a growth issue in the USA due to the geographic size

And the basic East v West issue

What we are seeing is a tapping into the fringe NFL market which is very important to grow the game in the US

Though the timing of the announcemt and the recent comments of a big onfield fight are disturbing

yakstorm

First Grade
The California RL are confirmed to join the NARL West Conference in 2022, with the Utah RL set to follow.

This must be devastating news for the struggling USARL. I believe the USARL need to go fully Professional and input new blood onto the USARL board,

If the USARL carry on as they are currently, they will become a second tier League, and the NARL the Country’s Premier League.
From everything I've read, the California RL is not joining the NARL, instead the NARL West clubs, which were all owned by Lars Havens, will be joining the California competition.

The first teams to join will be the Vegas and San Diego teams (a bit coincidental that the Barracudas have suddenly been kicked out), although I imagine the LA team will be fast tracked as well. Utah Rugby League will also be aligning with the California RL.

The new league will involve Tom Stevenson (Cali), Richard Fale (Utah) and Lars, with Lars set to manage the events side of the new merged entity.

Whether this new league aligns itself with the USARL, NARL or neither is unknown. The California RL was recognised by the USARL this year, although there is well known tensions between the two of them, whilst the NARL has dropped the Western teams from its website and other materials.

Latest posts