What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call of Duty 4 - thoughts?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
The comments from the crew were classics.

" You got him, I see lots of little pieces down there"

" Mmmm, nice kill"

"*laughs* you got him!"

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Just finished the nuclear blast mission and need a break, this sh*t is intense.

I'm playing through on Veteran difficulty and just got to this one and turned it off. Not looking foward to it :lol:. I had a bit of trouble doing it on normal.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
This is the hardest FPS, if not game I've ever played.

I'm only on normal!

*SPOILERS*

Up to the silo mission at the moment and can't get f*cking past this one bit. It's near impossible. Clear out four connected rooms, but when you go in one entrance, theres a room of guys shooting at you from behind and in front.

Tried so many times to clear one room with grenades and rush the other, but the merkins just keep coming. Not to mention it's one of those times where your "team" just sits in the hall with their thumbs inserted in their colon's.

Ended it then, I don't want to break my new keyboard!

Blast mission isn't that bad, after the chopper goes down, there's a excellent scene following it.

The game is like an interactive movie.

*SPOILERS*

The "15 years ago" sniper mission was a cream dream. Running throughout a deserted Chernobyl with the plant clearly visible not far off, then taking off the guy's arm from a distance. Finishing with a sniper stand off with half of the army waiting for a f*cking chopper.

Dragooner

Bench
This game is f*cking awesome. Haven't had too much time so am refusing to read other comments in fear of storyline spoilers!

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Very good idea mate, the storyline is f*cking amazing.

Just finished it then.

Wow.

Game of the year.

Best FPS ever.

I'll now do it all again on a different difficulty, might try the easiest and just go Rambo style.

Btw, the post-credits mission is fantastic.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
CC_Eagle said:
Btw, the post-credits mission is fantastic.

You know I thought that too, now I have beaten it on Veteran... I hate it so much. You get 1 minute, and it only takes 3 or 4 bullets to kill you. Hardest part of any game I have ever played in my life. Wouldn't recommend it unless you're in the market for a heart condition.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Online has been fixed abit on PS3 so not as long to join games. Finished the game on HArd...just veteran to go. LOL! Online how easy is it to move up ranks?? I'm up to Level 40 after 17hrs gameplay. AND I'm not even that good.

Dragooner

Bench
Knocked the son of a b*tch over yesterday!

And all I can say is WOW!

Sotryline is f*cking awesome and so is gameplay, graphics and I'll stop before I have an orgasm :p

That mission after the credits.

WOW!

I can't stop saying why!

Time to play it through on hard then veteran. Then easy to have some fun! :D

MC DUI

Juniors
Call of Duty 4 is a great game for sure! Just finished it on Veteran, but I'm stuck on that damn plane rescue mission, I've only made it to the stairs once.

Online is so good with the leveling system it gives you incentive to keep on playing online matches.

In the 360 version if you keep getting chucked into amercian rooms just send friend requests to a few Aussies that you might see in your travels, then join their rooms directly in the future, eventually you get a big group going.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
MC DUI said:
Call of Duty 4 is a great game for sure! Just finished it on Veteran, but I'm stuck on that damn plane rescue mission, I've only made it to the stairs once.

:) Welcome to my (old) world.

If you need help, just type "call of duty 4 mile high club" into youtube and watch some videos for a few tips on it, it's the only way I was able to get through.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Easy level is oh so fun.

Busting into rooms full of baddies and wasting them all with precise headshots, barely taking any damage is fun, yet boring.

I'm scared to try Veteran.

steamdrip

Juniors
Im starting out on Veteran. Finding it so hard. Great Game nonetheless. The snipering is a lot fun in this version

smashed the single player and now smashing the multiplayer.

Anyone keen on making a 6 or 10 man team for the ladder matches? I'm hectic and will facerape anyone, top scorer on hardcore mode SND. yeaaahhh booooyyy

Dragon

Coach
lol will add you dftw. Changed my tag to xX Dr4g0n Xx so all you guys feel free to add me

Dragon said:
lol will add you dftw. Changed my tag to xX Dr4g0n Xx so all you guys feel free to add me

cool brother! will do!

What servers you play on?

I reccomend everyone get 'The arena' its a browser from Gamearena and lets you see all of their servers as the in game browser is shyte.

play on hardcore guys! and SnD, cause TDM is baby styles!

lvl 36 weewt!

I pwnzor nubs with my mp5 and claymores :p

Y2Eel

First Grade
Dragonsforthewin said:
cool brother! will do!

What servers you play on?

I reccomend everyone get 'The arena' its a browser from Gamearena and lets you see all of their servers as the in game browser is shyte.

play on hardcore guys! and SnD, cause TDM is baby styles!

lvl 36 weewt!

I pwnzor nubs with my mp5 and claymores :p

Hardcore sucks ass people just sit in rooms and camp boring as..

Its a great Single player game Online play isnt all what its made out to be On par with Ghost Recon and ETQW The server browser is sh*te as...