What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron 'but he's a good bloke' Smith

^_^

Juniors
Smiths reaction is what we have come to expect of him so im not too fussed however the NRL reacted very well to the Mckinnon injury and seemed to put the right measures in place to stop it re-occurring. The Storm on 3 occasions lifted in a tackle and NOTHING is said until they actually lost control of the tackle and dropped the player.

If the first was penalised there would not have been a second or third offence. But then again this is the same team that broke a guys neck 6 weeks ago at the same ground via a very innocuous tackle and they have the balls to push it further. Silence from the NRL, they have not learnt a thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 39

The Rosco

Bench
Of course Smith is protected. Surely you guys knew that before the 10th page of this thread.

FFS, you shoulda known it before this thread existed.

One thing from the game that seemed to got missed. In the Storm's final set . . . when they were on the left side before they shifted it right, and kicked back left for the winner . . . The Storm guy playing the ball drops it cold onto the Manly players boot. Bounces back into his hands. Picks it up and plays on.
Blatant knock-on . . . Manly feed . . . game over.

Garts

Bench
I thought I saw a knock on then but figured when it wasn't called or mentioned by the commentators it was my wishful thinking that there was one.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Ballin was slowing down the play the ball by holding his jersey.

Any merkin that attempts to do that can cop a few in the chops, as far as I'm concerned.
Totally agree. ballin was pulling Cam Smith down,Smith hitting out at ballin`s arm to get loose, any other player would do the same.

Spot On

Coach
Only he could try and land 3 UFC styled elbows to an opponents face and receive a penalty whilst the commentators simply just gloss over it.

Biggest protected species in the NRL.

HandyEuphoricEastrussiancoursinghounds.gif

LazyDreamer

Bench
FMD - Tallis last night tried to brush it off by saying this moment was the culmination of 12 years of people niggling Grub Smith. WTF?!?

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
What's interesting to me is how "3 ufc-type elbows to the face" (lol) didn't make Ballin let go of Smith's shirt...some tough sh** right there :sarcasm: or is it that he didn't actually get 'hit' at all? And even Smith's go's at the arm holding his shirt didn't hurt enough to make Ballin let him go? Ballin didn't let go till after his pull on Smith's shirt which pulled Smith right down on top of him...hence the deserved penalty. Could all of this be why Smith received no 'punishment'?
But hey, don't let the obvious evidence spoil a good hate story!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
So going by cloudsurfer logic if someone did the same to Smith, then it's all good.

I expect you to be the first person to leap to their defence.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
So going by cloudsurfer logic if someone did the same to Smith, then it's all good.

I expect you to be the first person to leap to their defence.

Yes, why not? If it pans out the same as the evidence that is clear on this incident...

Seen grub acts more regularly by many others, just like you have. I also get Smith can be a grub but the 'worse than everyone else' hate s**** is hilarious.