What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron King

centralsaint

Juniors
Wonderful re-signing . I noticed it has not been put up on the dragons website which concerns me. I class the re-signing of King as important as Kyle Stanley. King could become the next Cameron Smith.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Fair enough - but he definitely has agreed to stay with the Dragons until the end of 2013. ( I've spoken to someone who knows him very well ).

I think you'll find there'll be a group of them "officially" announced before the start of the season ( King, Nightingale & probably Cooper )

Mr Red

First Grade
it seems as though cameron king has torn his pectoral muscle in todays world club match - looks like gone for the season :(

Dragon Dave

Bench
That is devastating.

It was going to be his year to step up and this is a huge set back. Let's hope it is not bad as first thought.

Really feel for the kid.

Torn pecs isnt always a season ending injury, remember Baily in 2004? It's not like we are desperate for him? this year would have been good experience for him..

Bring back choc

Juniors
Terrible news for him and the team, but if there is any positive it would be that he probably wouldn't have been in the top 17 at the moment. Fien/young will be looking after the hooking role. Stanley bench utility.

But King is no doubt ready to step up. Lets hope he recovers quickly.

Dragon Dave

Bench
I spoke to him towards the end of last year about being off-contract and what his options were. He said to me "Why would I look anywhere else? I want to be here forever."

Has a great attitute and will be a future leader at the club.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
I immediately thought of Gasnier back in the Charity Shield (forgot what year) when he tore his off the bone. I dont think King tore his off the bone did he?? If he didnt then hopefully it isnt the season.

Ill give credit to the commentator this morning, he called King going from dummy half to score.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Club just confirmed, ruptured pectoral, he'll be out most of the year by the sounds of it.

f**k we've had our share of season ending injuries, how many pectorals is this three now??? They are supposed to be f**king rare injuries - enough already.

Last edited:
Ill give credit to the commentator this morning, he called King going from dummy half to score.

Yeah i thought the same thing - was a good call!!

Big shame for him, but like mentioned, if Young and Fein are both fit, he wouldn't have been in the 17. Hope he recovers and comes back bigger and better ASAP. He'll be our future hooker for years to come.

Red V Ultras

Juniors
I spoke to him towards the end of last year about being off-contract and what his options were. He said to me "Why would I look anywhere else? I want to be here forever."

Has a great attitute and will be a future leader at the club.

I'm sure the bulldogs are probing him and many of our young stocks coming off contract to add to the Dragons B team, it's just a matter of doing some creative accounting to slot them in book number 2.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I'm sure the bulldogs are probing him and many of our young stocks coming off contract to add to the Dragons B team, it's just a matter of doing some creative accounting to slot them in book number 2.

They can try, but he'll be with the Dragons until at least the end of 2013. It's been good watching him progress through the ranks - in Toyota Cup & before that the odd curtain raiser for Endeavour Sports High ( even remember seeing him land a conversion from the sideline against Kiama High in 2009 ).

Anyway, whatever the injury is - all the best for a complete recovery & look forward to seeing more of him in a long & successful NRL career for the Dragons.