What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McGregor resigns as Warriors Chairman.

Rich102

Staff member
Big changes are underway at the Warriors with Cameron McGregor today standing down unexpectedly as club chairman and resigning from the Auckland Rugby League.

Warriors board member Rob Croot has been appointed to step up as the NRL outfit's new chairman, while McGregor has dropped down to become deputy chair.

Croot is managing director of Autex Industries, who in May became part-owners of the Warriors, together with the Carlaw Heritage Trust.

Autex took on a 33 per cent share in the club when the partnership purchased the Warriors from former long-time owner Eric Watson.

McGregor was also chairman of the ARL but in stepping down from his elected post has effectively pulled the pin on any involvement with the regional organisation.

"It's been coming for some time, I've been very busy over the last two years. I've taken the opportunity to take a step back from the Warriors as well.

"There's nothing sinister in it. I just want 12 months to refresh myself and take stock of everything that's happened over the last couple of years and get my head back into it all again."

The developments come after the Warriors dominated headlines over the past six weeks, in the lead-up to and following the shock departure from the club of star halfback Shaun Johnson.

After eight seasons at the Warriors, Johnson has signed on to join Cronulla on a three-year deal.

www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=12177540