Cameron McInnes

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by TomRedVRiver, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG Bench

Let's not get carried away here.

Yes, McInnes played exceptionally well...I could scarcely believe my eyes...for the first 40 minutes.

Then, he was serviceable in the second half.

It was a reflection of 2017.

Nothing more or less.

Remember, he wasn't up a Damian Cook standard opposite player last night.

gonz likes this.
  2. KiamaSaint

KiamaSaint Coach

It was good to see him run last night. The season is long though, let's hope the Dragons' staff manage him better this year,

3. Belta

Belta Juniors

Saint_JimmyG said; "Let's not get carried away here..."

I can see where you are coming from as its only early days and we will face tougher opponents but I feel Its only fair to acknowledge how well he played. I agree with grouch in that it was a superb performance last night by McInnes. He was not alone but yeah he definitely played well. You can see he's been working on his weaknesses ie his running and kicking so it's hard not to be impressed. Can he continue to improve this area of his game:medal:

ALSGI likes this.
  4. jak

jak Juniors

please stop making sense on this forum.

BigBoss, Gareth67 and TruSaint like this.
  5. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

I mentioned last year hes usually the first one into a tackle and takes the big opposition forwards head on on most occassions....hopefully this year he backs off a little bit, keeps some petrol in the tank and does more darts from dummy half, particulary when the oppostion bigger blokes are getting tired .....if you look at Smith from the Storm hes more cunning hes usually the last bloke in to the tackle and thats only to get himself tangled up to slow down the play the ball..personaly I think McInnes is going to have a big year.....IF he plays it smart

6. nickdragons90

nickdragons90 Juniors

I like this a lot, the club now has a 6 7 9 combination settled long term. Well done to the recruitment office. Plus graham 2 or 3 years deblin long term Vaughan long term. Dufty 2 more years? This is some good work from recruitment office. Well done to all.

7. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

good to be able to give some credit for a change isnt it?? GO DRAGONS WOAHH!! what a GREAT first effort!!! well done fellas stick to it please we need CONSISTENCY now more than anything after last years fall apart!

8. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

I thought McInnes looked sharp and showed he does have a running game(not in the vein of Cook or Lichaa at the back end of last year, but serviceable nonetheless).
    It’s pretty clear that the plan is for him to play 80 minutes which is a massive workload when you consider his defensive output. Every now & again I’d like to see him shift a bit wider in defence for a breather so he keeps a bit up his sleeve in attack. Hopefully this is on the radar for match planning as the season wears on.

Blood Shot Eyes likes this.
  9. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

He showed me something that I didn't know he had and that was speed off the mark . he needs to be doing this when he See's something .... It adds another level to our attack ....

10. TomRedVRiver

TomRedVRiver Juniors

McInnes will play Origin if he plays every round like he did on Thursday night. He poops all over Peats that's for sure.

11. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Don’t do that. Leave the wildly bold predictions to mickeylane!

12. ALSGI

ALSGI Juniors

It was good to see alright, looked sharp and great metres, hopefully he can repeat this and have first receiver follow him through for an offload or quick play the ball.

13. gonz

gonz Juniors

Yep ran 1st half the. Stopped !

I wonder if super coach told him to stop running

Saint_JimmyG likes this.
  14. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG Bench

He was most likely buggered.

Again, the absence of a contingency hooker is palpable. It's a weakness that McGregor/Millward have failed to address.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  15. giboz71

giboz71 Bench

Good to see him run.

Eventually would be good to see him link with others a bit wide of the ruck and become like an extra half.

This is what makes guys like Smith and Friend so much better than other hookers. They play almost like 3rd halves.

16. 2010

2010 Bench

In 2016 McInness used the running Game in a few matches and from memory scored a couple of tries.
    Our 6 7 and 9 are going to be a formidable combination in their own right.
    Then we have our forward Pac and Dufty.
    There is room for improvement with our wingers and one center, Lafaii.
    I am a big fan of both Kafaii and Aitkin. If they Fire we will be in for a great year.
    Nighty still has the smarts and that tap he took resulted in a long run.
    All is positive for this year. Just hope McIdiot learns how to use his bench

Gareth67 likes this.
  17. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

I am a bit slow getting to the man that also had a great game for the Dragons on Thursday night however , Cameron McInnes . The blokes dummy half running caught the broncos defence out on a number of occasions.

He seemed to be a new player entirely , if he can continue in this way for the rest of the season then there will be plenty of gaps opening in oppositions defences - hope the rest of the team follow behind him like a dog chasing a butchers van that has the back door open !

dragonssamy61, Drakon and Life's Good like this.
  18. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Dont know if he is a new player , always been strong in my opinion but certainly Hunt and Widdorp at first receiver has given him more room.

19. Gareth67

Gareth67 Bench

It is good to see him making the yardage from the dummy half , any team that can gain those easy metres from that position will have a good chance of being right in the fight .

dragonssamy61 and Dragsters like this.
  20. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

If that continues from McInnes and Dufty can sniff when it's on there are pies in the plenty me thinks...

dragonssamy61 and Gareth67 like this.