What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

possm

Coach
It would have to be a creative swap deal, with potentially a sharks player going to the Bronx and Macca coming to us I reckon. Pretty unfair swap imo but if Hook seems to think that he has a set style he wants to play the sooner we implement it the better.
From the Dragons point of view it would be a one year deal as McInnes has only one year to run on his contract. So a lock or a tough forward who has only one year to run on his contract and who the Shards do not want to give an extension to, would be the go.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
what do we want in a hooker ?
Tackles, runs, organizer's , kick for touch for touch, Distance and grubbers , talks his head of?
That Player could right under our noses, Call me mad, call me drunk on my vodkas But I reckon we could no worse than to try Corey Norman at Hooker, I mean he is a shifty little Ba@4# , Just might work

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m 100% behind Hook.

Millard......well that’s another matter altogether.
Agree. You need Millard 100% behind you.

Anything else is going to end in tears..

images

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL 2021: Andrew McCullough and Brisbane Broncos in stalemate over St George Illawarra offer

Sporting News
9 hrs ago

The stand-off between Andrew McCullough and the Brisbane Broncos is reportedly set to come to a head as the veteran hooker looks to end the uncertainty over his long-term future.

McCullough’s 260-game career with the Broncos looked over when ex-coach Anthony Seibold pushed him out of the club during last season’s COVID-19 hiatus.

The 31-year-old signed a one-year deal with the Newcastle Knights as an injury replacement for Jayden Brailey.

He played eight games for the Novocastrians before his 2020 season ended with a hamstring injury suffered in Round 11 against Canterbury.

McCullough had earlier been linked with a move to the Bulldogs that didn’t eventuate and instead chose to take up an option in his favour to return to the Broncos for the 2021 season.

He is now a man in demand with new St George Illawarra boss Anthony Griffin aggressively pursuing McCullough, who he coached for four seasons at Red Hill.

The Dragons have reportedly offered McCullough a three-year deal to make an immediate move to Wollongong.

Meanwhile, it was last week suggested the rake is a contender to captain the Broncos in the upcoming campaign under new coach Kevin Walters.

But as first reported by Channel 7 News Brisbane on Tuesday night, McCullough is seeking either an immediate release from the Broncos to join the Dragons or a contract extension to remain at Red Hill.

Channel 7 reporter Chris Garry said at this stage Walters and the Broncos are holding firm and are yet to accede to the veteran’s demands.

McCullough is seeking security, with the Dragons reportedly offering $1.8 million over three seasons.

The Broncos are at this stage unwilling to release their most experienced player after claiming last year’s wooden spoon.

Meanwhile, the Saints are desperate to get their man after hooker Cameron McInnes last week signed a four-year deal to join arch-rivals Cronulla in 2022.

The McCullough saga is another headache for rookie NRL head coach Walters after star forward Payne Haas was on Monday suspended for the first three games of the campaign and fined $50,000 over his recent run in with police.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/new...eorge-illawarra-offer/ar-BB1dxvD6?;ocid=wispr

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No way is AM worth 600k a season

I thought that was overs for CM
Yeah the media have got it wrong..

It’s not $600k per year over 3 years..

It’s only $450k per year over 4 years...

Stoopid media

Has it?
Not in Hook's opinion.
CC

That’s hard to argue against.

No one will know until he arrives and does his thing.

My initial thoughts are that he wants him for leadership and organisation.

Things that Andrew Johns has said are very important and the reason we bought Tamou.

I wouldn’t assume there’s no method in the madness people are worried about.

It is a courageous move, i grant Hook that.

He needs to be effective for the team. Cam wasn’t. Great player but perhaps not strong in areas Hook envisages he should be.

Maybe I think you have to take a few risks.

You have elite players who haven’t fired, good youth ready to go.

Some kind of shake up to overcome years of players, let’s face it, playing well under optimum.

Post-fester some blood needs to be spilt. At least it’s started, big scalp too. Many think the wrong one I guess.

As a general and constructive observation.

I’m honestly surprised you have kept so many players. They’d better pull their socks up.

And 2 years for a coach is not enough. One extreme to the other. Hook won’t get the players he’s close to liking for another 2 seasons. If he doesn’t get renewed, another headache as the new coach brings in new insights absent the cattle to accomplish them.

Last edited:

goldiesaintz

Juniors
And 2 years for a coach is not enough. One extreme to the other. Hook won’t get the players he’s close to liking for another 2 seasons. If he doesn’t get renewed, another headache as the new coach brings in new insights absent the cattle to accomplish them.

All good, mate.

McGregor was only used as stop gap for a game or two .....................and he lasted 8 years.
A two year contract for Hook, should see him thru till his nursing home placement in 2040.

Como Connection

First Grade
Maybe I think you have to take a few risks.

You have elite players who haven’t fired, good youth ready to go.

Some kind of shake up to overcome years of players, let’s face it, playing well under optimum.

Post-fester some blood needs to be spilt. At least it’s started, big scalp too. Many think the wrong one I guess.

As a general and constructive observation.

I’m honestly surprised you have kept so many players. They’d better pull their socks up.

That's exactly why he wants an old experienced head in the team, Bennett did exactly the same thing.
I cannot believe people don't see this.
CC

Latest posts