What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

slippery5

Juniors
I thinking the same.
McInnes has gone there for a reason.
Surely the odds of McGregor showing up at Shark Central in 2022 or sooner have shortened.
Only if the new coach ( Green ) want's him. 1million to 1 chance.
But they did take our last dud coach.

Como Connection

First Grade
His work ethic, his defence, his running game.
Basically, everything about him.
He slumps his shoulders when things don't go his way.
He had a real good game against Melbourne in round 2 and then demanded a starting spot.
If you want him, take him.
Ta, let's see what happens now.
CC

George Sancti

Juniors
I am certain that the Sharks deal did not occur overnight and that both the Club and McInnes have postponed the announcement for as long as possible to enable the other parts of the puzzle to fall into place.

Anthony Griffin’s attempts to sigh a hooker who is close to the end of his career indicate that the new recruit will be a place holder only, until such time as our young halves are ready for first grade and Hunt can be rebadged as our permanent dummy half.

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
I am certain that the Sharks deal did not occur overnight and that both the Club and McInnes have postponed the announcement for as long as possible to enable the other parts of the puzzle to fall into place.

Anthony Griffin’s attempts to sigh a hooker who is close to the end of his career indicates that the new recruit will be a place holder only, until such time as our young halves are ready for first grade and Hunt can be rebadged as our permanent dummy half.

Been talking since around Christmas if you believe the media.

How this stayed so quiet from all camps was quite surprising.

be55

Juniors

Anthony Griffin’s attempts to sigh a hooker who is close to the end of his career indicates that the new recruit will be a place holder only, until such time as our young halves are ready for first grade and Hunt can be rebadged as our permanent dummy half.
Heard John Morris on SEN this afternoon say that he agreed to terms before Christmas...

possm

Coach
Well there you go, say no more. The Sharks coach has stated that McInnes agreed to terms before Christmas and so it has just been a dance around the bushes since then.

I hope Saints strikes a deal with the Sharks that allows McInnes to leave early. I personally am very disapointed in his attitude and behaviour. I want him gone now.

Gareth67

First Grade

Anthony Griffin’s attempts to sigh a hooker who is close to the end of his career indicate that the new recruit will be a place holder only, until such time as our young halves are ready for first grade and Hunt can be rebadged as our permanent dummy half.

Finally another who has clarity of mind ! I thought that I was alone . We have some who wish a refund on their club membership , others who intend to burn their beloved Big Red V jersey all because this information has finally come to light .

Cronulla undoubtedly have been in discussions with McInnes for quite some time ( and somehow actually managed to keep it under wraps until McInnes was ready to make an announcement ) it did not ( as George Sancti said earlier ) occur overnight .

If there is a villain here then you need to look no further than the player himself - not the incoming coach , nor the club . Griffin was only attempting to find a player ( McCulloch ) to fill the gap should the worse occur - which it now has .

What can a club do if a player , any player has already made his mind up to move onto greener pastures ? Not much unfortunately .

However I do agree with the thoughts of other members who suggest that McInnes should no longer be captain . Griffin needs to have a good look at another Dragon who can carry that mantle - perhaps blood a younger man such as Lomax and give him the opportunity , hopefully it will not distract from game .

As I said in an earlier post , it’s an absolute shame that we shall be losing him in 2022 , but for now he is with the Dragons and undoubtedly will continue to give his all .

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Well there you go, say no more. The Sharks coach has stated that McInnes agreed to terms before Christmas and so it has just been a dance around the bushes since then.

I hope Saints strikes a deal with the Sharks that allows McInnes to leave early. I personally am very disapointed in his attitude and behaviour. I want him gone now.

McInnes has shit on us.Not a good look from our so called captain.He has not been a happy player to me for a while.Glad he is going but not soon enough.

I'm very disappointed in him too.

The club game him a shot at a full time first grade starting spot.

The club made him Club Captain.

Yes, McFail was the coach at the time but McOuttis's undying love for him and apparent lack of allegiance to the Red V is extremely disappointing.

Like Frizzel last season, I will find it very difficult to cheer him on if he stays.

I hope he goes asap so that we can get on with rebuilding the club with those that REALLY want to wear the jersey...

Latest posts