What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith - 10 in the Bin

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Two grubby teams playing a shit game, who'd have thought? Melbourne aren't the same team without Cronk and their other two are getting older and no longer a protected species. And f**k Cronulla, we'll beat them by 20 next time.

Walpole..... l’ve always held you in high regard but even now, with further words of wisdom, you have gone up in my estimations.

Gareth67

First Grade
About bloody time ! Can I say that again ? About bloody time - why doesn't the NRL just go ahead with the next logical (?) step and changed the word ' penalties ' to ' storms ' ?

As for that know-all Smith it was worth the price of admission alone ( not that you could pay me to go and watch either one of those 2 teams ) to see him banished from the field , even if it was for only 10 minutes . And what about Bellyache in the coaches box , it looked as if the poor sod was having a colostomy , live on national television !

Last edited:

The Damo

Juniors
I just watched the replay of Smith getting binned 3 times, and laughed my arse off every time. It’s about time.
And yes there lots of penalties, and it breaks up the flow of the game - solution is teams get onside, don’t slow down the ball play. Didn’t watch the game but the highlights I saw every penalty was deserved, they just used to let them go. Is anyone surprised that a match between storm and sharks refereed strictly would have 30 plus penalties?

Gareth67

First Grade
Bad advertisement for the game of rugby league , can not blame the referee for doing his job in fact this should had been done years ago . Perhaps our game will now shine somewhat more brightly as a result of the crack down on illegal play .
In my view the Storms constant infringement of the rules has merely highlighted just to what extent their game has depended upon stretching the rules to the absolute limit . It had to stop some time , more the pity that it was not years ago as perhaps we would not had seen their name on the premiership trophy so often .

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
Bad advertisement for the game of rugby league , can not blame the referee for doing his job in fact this should had been done years ago . Perhaps our game will now shine somewhat more brightly now .
In my view the Storms constant infringement of the rules has merely highlighted just to what extent their game has depended upon stretching the rules to the absolute limit . It had to stop some time , more the pity that it was not years ago as perhaps we would not had seen their name on the premiership trophy so often .

They have been giving it to the man for years and the odd thing is , there was no need to it.

FlameThrower

Bench
People on here took great delight in collating a bunch McGregrors trip of the tongues at press conferences. Did anyone watch Storm post match conference? Bellamy must of said ‘at the end of the day’ 10 times in response to a number of questions. Some sentences made no sense at all. Smith looked sully and upset at the result and barely spoke.
By the time they said ‘thanks guys’ camera panned out and Smith had already bolted ...leaving Bellamy to walk off alone...

Latest posts