What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campese gone for the season

Phil_22

Juniors
Gutted for him, and for our finals aspirations.....

I take it Sam Williams moves in to the 7 and Mcrone back to 6?

fourxman

Juniors
I would prefer to move Wighton to 5/8 and see how he goes given Dugan will go back to fullback and Reece to the backline.

Timbo

Staff member
I love Terry Campese. He's one of my favourite Raiders.

But this is three season ending injuries in three seasons. How is it possible he'll ever be the same player that took us on that magical run at the back of 2010?

It's damn hard to come back from repeated injuries like this.

fourxman

Juniors
I love Terry Campese. He's one of my favourite Raiders.

But this is three season ending injuries in three seasons. How is it possible he'll ever be the same player that took us on that magical run at the back of 2010?

It's damn hard to come back from repeated injuries like this.

Agreed, I am a big fan of Campo but don't know if he will be able to come back the same player. Turns 28 this year, 3 serious knee injuries. When he comes back, his confidence will be down and that will take some time to get over.

Need a half or 5/8 to step up (ie McCrone, Williams, Wighton, Picker) or we need to look to recruit in this area.

Spot On

Coach
Geez, no would would wish the bad luck this bloke has had upon anyone. Feel for Raiders supporters. Hope Williams can provide something in the halves for you blokes.

Timbo

Staff member
poor bloke, really feel for him - do you think he'd consider retirement?

I think he's a good enough clubman that if the medical advice was he wouldn't be able to come back to his standard then he'd consider it.

I hope it doesn't come anywhere close to that. But these are three catastrophic injuries in three seasons.

Really, when you think about it this is three season enders since the 2010 semi finals. That's three season enders in 18 months. I have no idea how you get up off the mat after that.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Poor Bloke, Poor Canberra. I actually had Canberra as a smokey to be a grand finalist.

After watching Canberra run rings around the Tigers and NZ I really thought they had the attack and pace outwide to match anyone.

Hopefully they can soldier on.

bileduct

Coach
Our season is over as far as I am concerned. Our team is structured around one player and Furner has no idea what to do without him.

Personally, I think Campese wanted to play representative football, took a gamble and lost. Furner should never have named him to play so this rests squarely on his shoulders.

I think the FOFF needs to be revived... except this time it is the f**k Off Furner Foundation.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I don't think Campese has been that good since he has been back. He hasn't taken on the line and his ball playing hasn't been great. This shouldn't be the end of our season.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
This is terrible news for you guys, the Raiders really do seem to get pretty poor luck with injuries.

I hope that he makes the quickest recovery possible.

Latest posts