What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cams Injury

Ritzley

Juniors
And I thought that last try summed up how shit our year was - the only decent player we had has this happen to them..

Wittenberg

Juniors
In one way I feel the only ray of sunshine in this terrible news for Cam is that he won’t have to be on the field when the bell sounds on this wretched season. He does not deserve to walk off in a side that has played the way it has. Congratulations Cam on your leadership and guts in 2019

getsmarty

Immortal
mcinnesc-1gp_6005.jpg

INJURIES

Injury update: Cameron McInnes
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 1 Sep 2019, 07:42 PM

St George Illawarra Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth has provided the following injury update on Dragons hooker Cameron McInnes.

"Cameron McInnes has suffered a suspected fibula fracture. He will go for a follow-up scans this evening," Pickworth said.

"We will update Red V members and fans with further information once it presents."

Dragons coach Paul McGregor paid tribute to McInnes in the post-match press conference, who was injured late in the second half.

"Cam's already asking the doctor how long it's going to be so he can get back into training. That's Cam. You want them all like that," McGregor said.

"For a player like him to get injured with six minutes to go, a player who gives everything and more, and who has been our best player this year by far, for him to potentially break his leg is not justice, that's for sure.

Zac Lomax will have to undergo the NRL concussion protocols this week to determine his availability for the Dragons' final game of the season against the Gold Coast Titans.

remote.axd

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/09/01/injury-update-cameron-mcinnes/

BLM01

First Grade
I'd swap him for at least 4 or 5 other 9s. But agreed, hes the least of our worries.
4 or 5 hey?. not bad rating though
But Mary got something right in his press conference. Cam has been a standout player for us this year.
I am happy he is our No 9.

Slackboy72

Coach
Looks like Mat Head is going to lose a hooker and a winger. Well at least he coached his team to a second chance in the finals.

possm

Coach
4 or 5 hey?. not bad rating though
But Mary got something right in his press conference. Cam has been a standout player for us this year.
I am happy he is our No 9.
Cam plays out of his skin however, it would be great if he could take his team mates with him. Maybe under a new coach we will see a big change and he won't be expected to take the whole load upon his own shoulders. A good captain must not just lead by example, he must also encourage his team mates to put in even when the going gets tough.

Crush

Coach
Really? Who are the 5 better hookers than McInnes?
Why? You obviously disagree so anyone I write after Smith and Cook you won't accept and will tell me I'm wrong?
Will you accept Hodgson also or are you set that we have the 3rd best hooker?

Walpole

Juniors
Why? You obviously disagree so anyone I write after Smith and Cook you won't accept and will tell me I'm wrong?
Will you accept Hodgson also or are you set that we have the 3rd best hooker?
No, just genuinely curious. Some of us can still engage in an actual conversation.

I'll give you Cook, Smith and Hodgson but I can't think of any others I'd take over McInnes. To my mind, if he was a Queenslander he would have played Origin this year.

Crush

Coach
No, just genuinely curious. Some of us can still engage in an actual conversation.

I'll give you Cook, Smith and Hodgson but I can't think of any others I'd take over McInnes. To my mind, if he was a Queenslander he would have played Origin this year.
Sorry Walpole, just used to everyone in here wanting to argue their opinions are correct.
I reckon the 3 mentioned are ahead of him and Jake Friend is at least on par.
Brailey from Sharks might be just behind him but I reckon he is a good little hooker.
I know his career is at the end and I wouldn't take him over McInnes but I'd love to have Segyaro as an impact bench rotation hooker, someone with flair and unpredictability.
Interesting to see how Reece Robson will go at another club, I didn't see enough of him to get a gauge but you don't get big wraps for nothing.

Walpole

Juniors
Sorry Walpole, just used to everyone in here wanting to argue their opinions are correct.
I reckon the 3 mentioned are ahead of him and Jake Friend is at least on par.
Brailey from Sharks might be just behind him but I reckon he is a good little hooker.
I know his career is at the end and I wouldn't take him over McInnes but I'd love to have Segyaro as an impact bench rotation hooker, someone with flair and unpredictability.
Interesting to see how Reece Robson will go at another club, I didn't see enough of him to get a gauge but you don't get big wraps for nothing.
All good mate. Have to admit, those two Manly blokes are pretty handy too. It's a shame Robson wasn't given more of a go, a bit of extra spark off the bench with McInnes moving to lock or having a break probably would have been good for all concerned but we'll never know. Interesting to see how Canberra use Havili, he's now playing a good role in a top 4 team and I don't think we got to see the best of him either. Hopefully there's a new start (coach) around the corner.

BLM01

First Grade
Looks like Mat Head is going to lose a hooker and a winger. Well at least he coached his team to a second chance in the finals.
Mary did say Hunt would play hooker and by all reports Head would be happy to see Rav being promoted to 1st grade after being hooked last weekend

SBD82

Coach
@Crush @Walpole

Korisau is playing some very good footy too. I love McInnes and I’d take him over anyone but Smith, Cook and Hodgson, but there’s probably a sentimental bias there due to his massive heart.

Did you happen to catch the roosters game? They debuted a young hooker and he was outstanding.