What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can’t believe the TAB bets on the Dragons

Pro Dragons

Juniors
I thought we have bought reasonably well and if some of these buys can get half the form they once showed we must be a good show for the 8 or even better.
The TAB has us at the bottom of the list in their future betting.

Win GF $51
Make the GF $21.
Make the 4 $11.
Make the 8 $5.

SBD82

Coach
I thought we have bought reasonably well and if some of these buys can get half the form they once showed we must be a good show for the 8 or even better.

Win GF $51
Make the GF $21.
Make the 4 $11.
Make the 8 $5.
The only bet that’s worthwhile there is making the 8.

I’d happily give you longer odds on every other market.

RedVDave

First Grade
I'm not much of a punter but I put $200 on Saints to make the 8 as the odds were just to juicy to resist.

thebigredv

First Grade
Our Dragons lost 8 games in a row to end a season.
We couldn't have taken a win if it were handed to us on a platter. Funny how quick people forget this. Yes it will be a new year, a 'fresh start' but 8 games straight says a lot about an organisation. It spells trouble. It happened, not going to dwell on it but we will carry it with us until we can shake it off by winning football matches.

We have got rid of Norman since and maybe a couple of rotten eggs to go with him but I'd caution some above to not talk yourself into a frenzy. You'd think the next immortal had signed on. It's a makeshift squad. Griffin himself would admit his taking a gamble on the recruits, some of whom wouldn't have been his first, second or even third choice.

Can we make the 8? Yep, it is a possibility but a lot has to go right. I wouldn't put a red cent on this lot until they start playing for the jersey. If anything the TAB odds are generous to us and it's about time some of you cop it sweet. On the whole we are an abomination, a disgrace...and I challenge Hook and his men to turn up next month and start proving to us otherwise.

And here we talking about whether we can make the 8 or not again...😢 Far out I miss being a contender.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Win GF $51
Make the GF $21.
Make the 4 $11.
Make the 8 $5.
Is there a market for not making the 8? I have been looking for a failsafe investment option.

denis preston

First Grade
Our Dragons lost 8 games in a row to end a season.
We couldn't have taken a win if it were handed to us on a platter. Funny how quick people forget this. Yes it will be a new year, a 'fresh start' but 8 games straight says a lot about an organisation. It spells trouble. It happened, not going to dwell on it but we will carry it with us until we can shake it off by winning football matches.

We have got rid of Norman since and maybe a couple of rotten eggs to go with him but I'd caution some above to not talk yourself into a frenzy. You'd think the next immortal had signed on. It's a makeshift squad. Griffin himself would admit his taking a gamble on the recruits, some of whom wouldn't have been his first, second or even third choice.

Can we make the 8? Yep, it is a possibility but a lot has to go right. I wouldn't put a red cent on this lot until they start playing for the jersey. If anything the TAB odds are generous to us and it's about time some of you cop it sweet. On the whole we are an abomination, a disgrace...and I challenge Hook and his men to turn up next month and start proving to us otherwise.

And here we talking about whether we can make the 8 or not again...😢 Far out I miss being a contender.
I think this response should be in the naysayers thread.

_Johnsy

Referee

Win GF $51
Make the GF $21.
Make the 4 $11.
Make the 8 $5.
The top 3 are no chance, absolutely zero.

Make the 8 is a smokey.

Trifili13

Juniors
From my reckoning Storm, Panthers, Roosters are guaranteed top 8 next year. Souths, Manly and Parra also likely to make it. That basically leaves 2 places for teams like Newcastle, Canberra, Gold Coast and Dragons. And that's not including the Gummies with a new coach and some good signings and Dogs with new signings. Warriors are always a good bet to miss the semis which leaves Broncos a bit of an unknown but I think will improve while the Cows and Tigpies who I think won't make it.

Although $5 to make the top 8 looks good odds, always remember that the bookies usually get into their Mercs and Rolls Royces and drive home to their waterfronts after the races while the average punter walks home or catches the bus if they have enough change left and haven't lost their shirt.

In saying that, if I were to bet, the top 8 at $5 is the only one worth it IMO. We are basically no chance of winning it or top 4.

Given the issues we had this year and we didn't finish last is almost a miracle. I can't then see us with the wooden spoon next year as we have bought some solid, although not spectacular, players while the 3 young amigos will have gained experience from this year and have another offseason to build up further.

hewi

Bench
From today’s Australian

Attachments

• 734B17B8-EE74-4AB0-A3B9-E4E5B0A73D59.png
    734B17B8-EE74-4AB0-A3B9-E4E5B0A73D59.png
    524.3 KB · Views: 52