What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Andrew Johns do no wrong?

Anonymous

Juniors
He never throws forward passes.
He never goes in high on a tackle.
He never loses his cool.
He never milks penalties.
He never puts in a dud kick.
He is always man of the match.
He is the best player in the whole universe.

According to the Channel Nine commentary team... Andrews Johns is God.

Who are we to argue?

legend

Coach
I have to admit that was the worst piece of commentary I have ever had the displeasure of listening to. It was disgraceful and the Knights antics bordered on pathetic. Three high shots in a row shoudl have seen someone in the bin.

I'm no Saints fan but was I saw tonight from both the commentators and the Knights was nothing short of disgusting.

If Channel nine don't like you then you are no hope. I can only imagine how Saints fans must be feeling right about now.

Anonymous

Juniors
legend said:
I have to admit that was the worst piece of commentary I have ever had the displeasure of listening to. It was disgraceful and the Knights antics bordered on pathetic. Three high shots in a row shoudl have seen someone in the bin.

I'm no Saints fan but was I saw tonight from both the commentators and the Knights was nothing short of disgusting.

If Channel nine don't like you then you are no hope. I can only imagine how Saints fans must be feeling right about now.

You can tell who they backed. Its a friggin' rip off.

The thing that gave me the shits was the impression that was left. The Knights were lucky tonight... dead lucky. Yet you'd think it was in the bag from the word go...all because of A Johns.

I don't blame Johns for this....although he does seem to believe his own press. But fair dinkum, the way commentators talk, its no wonder people are so quick to lay the boot into the 'greatest player of all time'.
I'm being very restrained at the moment.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You've only just discovered that the nine commentary team are a bunch of Knights titty twisters??

They've been like this for years. Tonight was nothing new.

Green Eye

Juniors
El Duque said:
You've only just discovered that the nine commentary team are a bunch of Knights titty twisters??

:lol: :lol: :lol: hahahaha beautifully summed up..... Nice one El

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:

They've been like this for years. Tonight was nothing new.
Thanks... its been common knowledge for years. But tonight they went over the top. What are doing now? defending them?

Green groupie said:
hahahaha beautifully summed up..... Nice one El
Is that all you do..? laugh your head off? Explains a lot.
Welcome to to the stage two of the forums, JGG. You're new here aren't you?

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'm not defending them, just stating the obvious.

Tonights call was absolutley no more SICKENING than previous calls. If you missed them it's not my fault.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
I'm not defending them, just stating the obvious.

Tonights call was absolutley no more SICKENING than previous calls. If you missed them it's not my fault.

SICKENING in caps? I had no idea that you disliked Channel Nine that much. Sack the lot of them I reckon. Give it to the ABC.

I've known for sometime that Johns is king in the Ch 9 box but that was the most over-the-top commentary about Johns that I've ever heard. Gus was the main offender.

Even Kiwi commentators aren't that bad.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You can thank your lucky stars Sterlo wasn't there. He is usually the worst of the lot when they're salivating over Johns.

Gus made up for Sterlo tonight, but still he was nowhere near as stomach churning. That's why I didn't think it was any worse than normal.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
You can thank your lucky stars Sterlo wasn't there. He is usually the worst of the lot when they're salivating over Johns.

Gus made up for Sterlo tonight, but still he was nowhere near as stomach churning. That's why I didn't think it was any worse than normal.

Sterlo is terrible when it come to Parra matches. But he is mad about Joey as well.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
El Duque said:

Sterlo is terrible when it come to Parra matches. But he is mad about Joey as well.

Sterlo is always anti-parra. A lot of fans wonder if he's even a Parra supporter because of his bias against us.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
Willow said:
El Duque said:

Sterlo is always anti-parra. A lot of fans wonder if he's even a Parra supporter because of his bias against us.

Maybe he is play-acting as devils advocate sometimes but imo, Sterlo is Parra through and through. Perhaps the Parra supporters you mention don't like the criticism.

Ian Walsh used to be the same about Saints in the 80s when he had a newspaper column.

weasel

First Grade
Great to see I wasn't the only one who was appalled by the commentary. Usually I'm reluctant to give any commentators a bad rap(except the Channel Nine Queensland crew who cover some Broncos games- they are the most incredibly biased game callers around), but I couldn't believe how much support the knights were getting in the commentary box. Unfortunately I only saw the last thirty minutes of the match and I began to notice the bias when after a few close calls were made the commentary were in firm support that it should have gone Newcastle's way each time despite the pictures on my tv screen seeming to suggest otherwise. When Buderus was held up I thought it was a fairly clearcut decision to make after one replay and then suddenly the commentators were confidently declaring it a try :? . When Macdougall scored the match-tying try right on fulltime they seemed like they were in the throes of orgasm. Well I don't have much to complain about the result itself, it's a game we could have won and didn't and bad commentary wasn't responsible for us losing. It's hard to support your team though when the noise from the tv bids them to lose. Perhaps in future watching it on mute will be a wiser option.

midas

Juniors
The channel 9m team were no worse than usual imo,Gus was a bit over the top (I think both he and Johns are going a bit far to assure us all that nothing happened between them in the SOO lead-up)
Some of you guys seem to be surprised at Gus carrying on like the pompous,egotistical galah that he is.
I,d almost agree with Brett Kenny except that nothing in this world is worse than losing to those evil cane toads.

MEE

Juniors
You could actually hear Sterlo and Phil Gould reaching orgasm in the commentary box everytime Andrew Johns touched the ball.

El Diablo

Post Whore
my eagle eye said:
You could actually hear Sterlo and Phil Gould reaching orgasm in the commentary box everytime Andrew Johns touched the ball.

Sterlo wasn't there :?

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
my eagle eye said:

Sterlo wasn't there :?

Apparently Sterling's father isn't well. It was was Vautin you heard, eagle eye.

Anonymous

Juniors
midas said:
The channel 9m team were no worse than usual imo,Gus was a bit over the top (I think both he and Johns are going a bit far to assure us all that nothing happened between them in the SOO lead-up)
Some of you guys seem to be surprised at Gus carrying on like the pompous,egotistical galah that he is.
I,d almost agree with Brett Kenny except that nothing in this world is worse than losing to those evil cane toads.

Even True Rugby League Supporter in the 'go newcastle' thread reckons it was a biased call. Next time Newcastle are playing, I'll try and take Weasal's lead and turn the sound off. Unfortunately, if we want to hear the crowd, the players and the referee, we also have to put up with the commentators... if we could only edit them out.

But in the light of day, it was just something else to be shitty about. It brings back memories of The Moose who was almost single-handedly railroaded us all into loathing Manly. If I was a Knights supporter, I'd be tempted to write letters to the Ch9 mob telling them to put a sock in it.

Ofcourse it was nothing to do with the result. It was a great match and the perfect follow-up to Origin I.