What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone explain to me....

age.s

First Grade
Why we have 3 week gaps between Origins?

Even if I don't agree with the midweek Origin games, and the shortened rounds missing Origin stars I understand why they are set up that way. Can someone tell me what benefit both Origin as a spectacle and the NRL get from spreading Origin out over 9 weeks?

It's the same every year. Origin brings the code to a fever pitch at the expense of the regular comp, then that fever drops off for a week in between each game before picking up again in the days before and after each match. The regular comp experiences a lull for 9 weeks, when really it only needs to be so for 3 weeks.

Have Origin games all played back to back. Keep the interstate excitement at fever pitch for 3 weeks straight, and deal with the problems it poses to the regular comp like you do removing a bandaid. Rip it off quickly.

SDM

First Grade
Why we have 3 week gaps between Origins?

Even if I don't agree with the midweek Origin games, and the shortened rounds missing Origin stars I understand why they are set up that way. Can someone tell me what benefit both Origin as a spectacle and the NRL get from spreading Origin out over 9 weeks?

It's the same every year. Origin brings the code to a fever pitch at the expense of the regular comp, then that fever drops off for a week in between each game before picking up again in the days before and after each match. The regular comp experiences a lull for 9 weeks, when really it only needs to be so for 3 weeks.

Have Origin games all played back to back. Keep the interstate excitement at fever pitch for 3 weeks straight, and deal with the problems it poses to the regular comp like you do removing a bandaid. Rip it off quickly.

If you have 3 games, with a 3 week gap between them. Do you really believe it takes 9 weeks to complete the series?

age.s

First Grade
If you have 3 games, with a 3 week gap between them. Do you really believe it takes 9 weeks to complete the series?

Lol fair point. Should have thought that one through.

Point still stands though. The weeks before and after game 1 and 3 respectively are negatively affected so that totals 8 rounds effected by Origin when they don't need to be.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Player burnout? That way clubs can still get rep players for 6/9 weeks rather then 0/3 weeks in a row so club form is not affected and it's less strain on players with time to recover.

All there is hype and building to Origin. It's the height of the NRL...need time in between each game.

sretsoor

Juniors
I think the extended break between games has taken a lot of the gloss off origin. Every fortnight the fever remained high. 3 weeks it dies down and it's like ' oh, origin is coming up', Ive almost lost interest in it. Considering it was originally on 3 consectuive weeks when it first became 3 games.

chills74

Juniors
I thik it comes back a number of years when Qld complained that there supporters couldn't front with the cash to buy tickets for two games in four weeks (only tow pay days) or at least this is what I remember!

Latest posts