What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Bulldogs ever be trusted again?

Can the Bulldogs ever be trusted again?

• No, the deceptive culture is endemic.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After 10 years of squeaky clean, maybe?

• Only if they change everything and move to Gold/Central Coast.

• Yes they are the bulldogs

• Total voters

Chook

First Grade
I find todays revelations to be the last straw.

How can anyone, and I'm including bulldog fans here, trust this club ever again?

They cannot be trusted in what they say!
They cannot be trusted in what they do!
They blame the media for manipulating the truth and they do same!

I feel for doggie fans I really do. No Rugby League fan base deserves this. But the truth is this club is solely responsible for more disrepute being brought to Rugby League than any other club in the codes history, and that cannot go unpunished.

The bulldogs had their big chance to change the culture of the club and to right the ship, they failed miserably!

I'm sorry doggies but if the NRL want my opinion, it's kick you out forever!

Chook.

Wests is Best

Juniors
Harsh words Chook, but I understand where you are coming from.
I wish they would just bring everything thats been hidden up on the table now. I include other clubs in this too. The game has suffered so much already this year that they may as well hang out all the dirty laundry and clean the slate.
I am just sick of waking up hearing a brand new scandal on the radio every morning.

PB

Bench
Only if the NRL is allowed to place someone of their's in an administrative role with in the club.

simon says

First Grade
Ive never trusted the Dogs.I reckon the FAMILY club has been at it for longer than most people on here have been alive.

I dont know what they have to do to get some trust.Total transperancy would be a good start.Some good PR wouldnt hurt either.
But they have harmed themselves and the game more than any other club in the last year and a half.They deserve to be mistrusted,until they do a lot of work to reverse this.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chook

First Grade
I did put in a fourth option of "Yes they are the bulldogs", but it hasn't come up? Is there a limit of 3 options on polls? And can I add one now?

Chook.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Chook said:
I find todays revelations to be the last straw.

How can anyone, and I'm including bulldog fans here, trust this club ever again?

They cannot be trusted in what they say!
They cannot be trusted in what they do!
They blame the media for manipulating the truth and they do same!

I feel for doggie fans I really do. No Rugby League fan base deserves this. But the truth is this club is solely responsible for more disrepute being brought to Rugby League than any other club in the codes history, and that cannot go unpunished.

The bulldogs had their big chance to change the culture of the club and to right the ship, they failed miserably!

I'm sorry doggies but if the NRL want my opinion, it's kick you out forever!

Chook.

Are you willing to go on record to say that the roosters have never done anything like this ?? Just want it on record please.

As you either being naive, or not willing.

8)

Who are you to to say the Club should go because of a few bad apples. ?

The Club is not bound by a few players, its built by history, past , present and future.

These players wont be there in 20 years will they.

Kick the Roosters out to the Gold Coast, No juniors...

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Wests is Best said:
Harsh words Chook, but I understand where you are coming from.
I wish they would just bring everything thats been hidden up on the table now. I include other clubs in this too. The game has suffered so much already this year that they may as well hang out all the dirty laundry and clean the slate.
I am just sick of waking up hearing a brand new scandal on the radio every morning.

West is best,

They fear the Dogs.
They dont like the Rabbits, because they have the Juniors, Next Door.
They dont like the Dragons, Because we have a better Record than they do.

They dont like, what they dont have.

Sportsjock

Juniors
How can you trust them again now a bloke is caught out and still lies?

My god no wonder he was over at his managers house. Trying to plan yet another cover up.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Sportsjock said:
How can you trust them again now a bloke is caught out and still lies?

My god no wonder he was over at his managers house. Trying to plan yet another cover up.

How many Drug takers have ever said, Yes i Took it ?? 1 in 100. ???

Dont be fools people, I reckon it would be at least 30 % of players would of had some sort of Drugs. Whilst being contracted to a club, and that 5% still do take them.

10 15 years ago, this number it would be a safe bet to say it was 5 or 6 times higher.

Every club has a drug taker at some point. It's part of society, I don't understand how Cocaine, is performance enhancing. The only problem for Mason is the timing.

](*,)

Sportsjock

Juniors
You're kidding me StGIllaman - the only problem for Mason is timing? The fact many people in society take drugs makes it ok?

The fact other footballers have done it and not been caught makes it ok?!

Don't justify the fact just because " others do it " its OK!

Get a grip dude for gods sake.

Not only have these guys agreed to a code of conduct, they are role models for the game. If they want to take cocaine, good luck to them, let them go and snort all day everyday while they lay bricks or write songs in a band.

They are playing rugby league, and the NRL has it as apart of a code of conduct which means a responsiblity to the game.

This is the same code of conduct that comes out pretty quickly when someone is about to be named isnt it? :lol:

You're an idiot for having your view StGIllaman. Totally wrong opinion that sadly enough resides in our society more and more.

And there is a massive difference between someone denying they took a drug to a major newspaper who obviously already know of it during the time your club is taking a serious battering for a number of issues, and a kid at school who might deny it when his mummy asks.

Drugs are illegal in society, and rugby league. Justify it how you want regarding how often it is taken, but while it may not be a " performance enchancing drug " for the player, it is certainly NOT an enhancing drug for the image of rugby league or the players in it. And wasn't that apart of the signed agreement to play this game?

If he wants to take drugs, and anyone else in the game for that matter , p*ss them off to do something else in society.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Sportsjock said:
You're kidding me StGIllaman - the only problem for Mason is timing? The fact many people in society take drugs makes it ok?

Not only have these guys agreed to a code of conduct, they are role models for the game. If they want to take cocaine, good luck to them, let them go and snort all day everyday while they lay bricks or write songs in a band.

They are playing rugby league, and the NRL has it as apart of a code of conduct which means a responsiblity to the game.

This is the same code of conduct that comes out pretty quickly when someone is about to be named isnt it? :lol:

You're an idiot for having your view StGIllaman. Totally wrong opinion that sadly enough resides in our society more and more.

And there is a massive difference between someone denying they took a drug to a major newspaper who obviously already know of it during the time your club is taking a serious battering for a number of issues, and a kid at school who might deny it when his mummy asks.

Drugs are illegal in society, and rugby league. Justify it how you want regarding how often it is taken, but while it may not be a " performance enchancing drug " for the player, it is certainly NOT an enhancing drug for the image of rugby league or the players in it. And wasn't that apart of the signed agreement to play this game?

If he wants to take drugs, and anyone else in the game for that matter , p*ss them off to do something else in society.

Where the hell did I come across as someone who condones this sort of thing. It's a realistic view point.

I dont take drugs, But I have dabbled in Grass. once, and never again. Like 80% of society.

Fact is fact.

I repeat, I don't condone it. But to call me or anyone else for that matter the scum of the earth for doing so is wrong.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Sportsjock said:

Just to let you know Sportsjock. Damien Smith came to dragons training years ago, under the influence of marajuana, and Got his contract ripped up on the Spot. And that was the lowest form of Drugs you can take is it not.

The Dogs should take a stand and possibly boot him, or make sure he will never ever do that again.

he has had a couple of Strikes, he wont get another chance.

The Colonel

Immortal
Chook said:
I did put in a fourth option of "Yes they are the bulldogs", but it hasn't come up? Is there a limit of 3 options on polls? And can I add one now?

Chook.

Sorted Chook. I can change it if thats not the option you wanted however.

PB

Bench
Peponis was the only one keeping my faith in the possibility that the Dogs would clean out the problems.

But i have just finished listening to hi on 2ky, and he appears to be either as corrupted, or have as much blind faith as the others involved.

Mr Peponis, you just lost my respect. And i change my answer from "maybe in ten years", to "no the deceptive culture is epidemic"

TRANSLATION

Juniors
PB said:
Peponis was the only one keeping my faith in the possibility that the Dogs would clean out the problems.

But i have just finished listening to hi on 2ky, and he appears to be either as corrupted, or have as much blind faith as the others involved.

Mr Peponis, you just lost my respect. And i change my answer from "maybe in ten years", to "no the deceptive culture is epidemic"

PB..Inform us of what was said ?

:music2:

Latest posts