What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Toulouse survive?

Stinkfinger

Juniors
why? What makes them different to any other promoted club? I mean if they were adding signifi to a media deal increase then yeh there may be justification for the greater good, but they aren’t so why should they be exempt? and I say that as some who was really hoping they’d stay up As they have potential and could long term help the international game development. Rules are in place, it becomes a slippery slope when you favour one club over another in a competition, you can’t have p&r for some and licenses for others.
Give every club that is promoted a relegation exemption then. None seem to be able to get off the bottom in a single season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So relegate second from bottom every year no matter how sht the bottom team have been? Hmmmm.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
The relegation system is madness, imagine if the NRL dropped the warriors after year 1, if they did, we wouldn’t have as many islanders playing our great game as we do now.
They need some forward thinking and support France, the game in the north of England is dying, I wouldn’t be surprised if England get pumped by samoa hey.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The relegation system is madness, imagine if the NRL dropped the warriors after year 1, if they did, we wouldn’t have as many islanders playing our great game as we do now.
They need some forward thinking and support France, the game in the north of England is dying, I wouldn’t be surprised if England get pumped by samoa hey.
In reverse though let’s not pretend licensing is better for helping a comp grow. We’ve had to wait 25 years to get a brisbane2 club in nrl and will be waiting another long while until perth gets in. At least p&r gave the likes of Toronto, Toulouse and london a clear and fair opportunity to get in SL.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
In reverse though let’s not pretend licensing is better for helping a comp grow. We’ve had to wait 25 years to get a brisbane2 club in nrl and will be waiting another long while until perth gets in. At least p&r gave the likes of Toronto, Toulouse and london a clear and fair opportunity to get in SL.
What do you put the massive decline in talent and standards in the super league down too ?.

Honestly look at this 2022 dream team from super league, it’s full of people who can’t make NRL teams. English talent coming to Australia hurts the super league also , but if this is the best sup league has , it’s not not a good look.

2022 Super League Dream Team:​

1. Jai Field (Wigan)

2. Bevan French (Wigan)

3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Hull KR)

4. Tim Lafai (Salford)

5. Ken Sio (Salford)

6. Jack Welsby (St Helens)

7. Brodie Croft (Salford)

8. Alex Walmsley (St Helens)

9. James Roby (St Helens)

10. Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds)

11. Chris McQueen (Huddersfield)

12. Liam Farrell (Wigan)

13. Morgan Knowles (St Helens)

Perth Red

Post Whore
What do you put the massive decline in talent and standards in the super league down too ?.

Honestly look at this 2022 dream team from super league, it’s full of people who can’t make NRL teams. English talent coming to Australia hurts the super league also , but if this is the best sup league has , it’s not not a good look.

2022 Super League Dream Team:​

1. Jai Field (Wigan)

2. Bevan French (Wigan)

3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Hull KR)

4. Tim Lafai (Salford)

5. Ken Sio (Salford)

6. Jack Welsby (St Helens)

7. Brodie Croft (Salford)

8. Alex Walmsley (St Helens)

9. James Roby (St Helens)

10. Mikolaj Oledzki (Leeds)

11. Chris McQueen (Huddersfield)

12. Liam Farrell (Wigan)

13. Morgan Knowles (St Helens)
I don’t know it’s massively lower talent tbh. Lower than when would be the question? I’ve really enjoyed seeing the young English kids coming through at HKR this year like Lewis and litten. Sometimes the less defensive open game suits nrl players better, we’ve seen plenty leave SL and go back to nrl so it’s not like they can’t cut it in nrl.

I suspect like on Oz there are less kids playing sport and even less playing high contact sports, sign of the times. I do t think SL clubs invest in or put enough efforts into jnr development either. they’d rather waste money on a Reynolds or Vete than spend it on jnr systems.

Latest posts