What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we together, get a stadium upgrade?

Suitman

Post Whore
Seriously, a successful Eels on their own should be enough.
But surely, with this sort of backup.
1 min .05.
But then it continues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upbo322XNl4&NR=1&feature=endscreen

5 more times a year than the Eels, the pressure is on the Govt to give us (THE EELS) the upgrade we deserve.
Clearly, a successful Eels will easily be demanding the 15000 crowds that the Wanderers have been getting, and those types of figures are pushing the stadium to it's capacity limits.
It's time. 31500 for Parra stadium.

Bring it on.

Suity

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Facebook: Redandblackbloc.net

The Red and Black Bloc (RBB) would like to formally announce that it will be staging a 20-minute silent protest from the beginning of the Western Sydney Wanderers match against Wellington Phoenix on Sunday, March 10.

The protest is a direct response to the unjust bans issued to 20 RBB members, as well as those given to other supporters throughout the A-League. It is designed to show respect to those who have dedicated a plethora of time, money, and funds in order to make RBB what it is today.

Specifically, the protest aims to combat:

-All 20 bans (of five years) issued despite insufficient evidence.
-All 20 bans issued for alleged and unproven participation in incidents outside FFA sanctions.
-The lack of an appeal system.
-The FFA’s ongoing refusal to provide evidence requested by those who were banned.
-The FFA’s ongoing refusal to take on board witness statements that prove the innocence of the accused individuals who have been banned.
-The overwhelming presence of police within (beside, and in front of) active support bays which have been deployed on the basis of assumptions, and particularly the excessive weaponry being carried into the sections.
-The recording of RBB outside FFA sanctions without prior consent.

Examples include:

-Hatamoto gathering dossiers on “potential trouble-makers” which has led to the invasion of privacy of innocent fans (to the extent of monitoring fan movements and behaviours by plain-clothed security both locally and interstate) and, on instance, the intentional provocation of incidents.

As such, the protest aims for the following outcomes:

-Royal Exhibition Hotel (REH) and W-League related bans to be revoked.
-Appeal system (with judiciary) to be put in place in order to create visibility and transparency regarding allegations and the banning process; this includes all evidence being openly and willingly presented by the FFA to the accused parties, the RBB and any representatives.
-A system similar to a union to be put in place for supporters to be protected and made aware of their rights.

The decision to protest is one that has been discussed in extensive depth. After spending much of the season attempting to contact FFA and resolve these bans, including speaking with A-League boss, Damien DeBohun at the Football Supporter Forum, the RBB has been stonewalled at every turn.

Please note: this protest is in no way a stand against the players and coaches of the Western Sydney Wanderers for who the RBB has nothing short of utmost respect. It saddens us to know this protest is absolutely necessary, but we cannot support the team if we are not present on the basis of unjust
decisions made by a business, the FFA.

You, the players and coaches, know the RBB is entirely dedicated to being the 12th player each week. You know who we sing for, and we will do so, as we do each week, following the conclusion of the protest.

The RBB pays its respect to the North Terrace (and its sub-groups), which held a similar protest on Sunday, March 3, as a result of unfair treatment of active supporter of Melbourne Victory.

RBB asks all supporters to join the initiative. Those who will be situated in the RBB and northern end of Parramatta Stadium are asked to follow the lead of capos who will coordinate the protest on game day. Those who are not in said bays are also encouraged to participate.

A unified response is required.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/Redandblackblocnet/posts/349613751814162

Suitman

Post Whore
Casper, that happened two weeks ago and has nothing to do with the thread.
We're talking about an upgrade for Parra Stadium.
Wake up you f**king idiot. Oh sorry, you ARE awake.

Suity

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
LOL.... it was put up for those who don't know anything about the RBB
and there are many out there Suity.
Relax your finger from the trigger mate,
too many innocent people are getting knocked off.

IFR33K

Coach
Lol. A silent protest.

They should consider this course of action more often. A good f**king way to cut out noise pollution. Maybe the governing body should consider more bans.

Best. Protest. Ever.... Not.

strider

Post Whore
you posted a video of the end of the silent protest in your first post suity ..... of course casper is gonna latch on - it looks like something he would have written :lol:

Tony Bongo

Bench
If the fans demand that Parramatta Stadium gets upgraded then I think we can make it happen. Both Wanderers and Eels fans need to convince our clubs to cut out the pie in the sky crap of thinking a new stadium is going to be built in Parramatta. All we need is for the one we have to get upgraded.
If you haven't already done so - join the Upgrade Parramatta Stadium Alliance Group.

Gronk

Staff member
I am not sure that allowing soccer hooligans into a new ground is a good idea. They will only trash it.

Avenger

Immortal
I don't live near Parramatta anymore but that area around the stadium will always hold a special place for me. I love it and was there for the opening in 1986. However the old girl needs a massive upgrade and I never want my Eels to move from that immediate area.

I read somewhere that the proposed new site was in Rosehill...?

Sure, it's not too far away and with some work at Clyde station you could get a train to Rosehill easily enough but...where exactly would the Stadium be built, theoretically? Along Grand Parade?

bartman

Immortal
:arrow Sharing Stadium thread... we don't need yet another thread in here filled with Wanderers hype imo.

;-)

bartman

Immortal
I read somewhere that the proposed new site was in Rosehill...?

Sure, it's not too far away and with some work at Clyde station you could get a train to Rosehill easily enough but...where exactly would the Stadium be built, theoretically? Along Grand Parade?
I guess so... Or there might be factory land at Camelia becoming free sometime, or Shell might be planning to eventually vacate their refinery, or maybe the speedway's crowd-drawing days are numbered?