What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you guys please win tomorrow night? Thanks, Melbourne

greenBV4

Bench
Are you one of those guys who chose a winning team and then has no interest in footy when teams going bad?
It is kind of funny how many Storm supporters where created due to the NRL trying to create a fan base by cheating cap and building a winning side.
It is pretty funny how many fans the NRL caught in their net. I guess they collected a heap of dopes who where glory hunters.

Not suggesting you are one of these fans. Perhaps you where born and raised in Melbourne but when I see all these cheese dicks in western sydney following them I can help but think how much damage the nrl did negelcting the grass roots of footy just to try and get 15000 supporters in a state where no one gives a shit about nrl....

Nope, grew up in Northern NSW a big fan of the game but never really had a team, moved to Melbourne and picked them up because it was good to go for the team in the city I lived in, meant I could go to more games that I had an investment in, I've been a member every year since I moved and will continue to renew.

greenBV4

Bench
Also it's great to see how much you Parra fans want the spoon..
Regardless of where the storm finish I'd rather Manly copped it than you guys

TheParraboy

Staff member
Also it's great to see how much you Parra fans want the spoon..
Regardless of where the storm finish I'd rather Manly copped it than you guys

Of course you do 40-0 rings a bell.

It’s also great we were short changed a premiership because of you blokes eh ? Whilst we cheated as well in later yrs, we had no superstars signing the same contract multiple times. We were throwing money at plodders lol. We were incompetent on the field and at cheating.

I’d cope the spoon cause we are gonna rip in 2019, will make the rise all the more sweeter.

Good luck for the finals, after this season not sure you will ever have the success again you have been having. The slide will begin soon enough

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon Smith and Slater are the two grubbiest players that I’ve seen. No wonder they can’t get along.

Cooper Cronk was the only one from the big 3 with class.

TheParraboy

Staff member

emjaycee

Coach
Nope, grew up in Northern NSW a big fan of the game but never really had a team, moved to Melbourne and picked them up because it was good to go for the team in the city I lived in, meant I could go to more games that I had an investment in, I've been a member every year since I moved and will continue to renew.
Out of interest, would you renew if the Storm managed to get say their second wooden spoon in 3 years?

greenBV4

Bench
Out of interest, would you renew if the Storm managed to get say their second wooden spoon in 3 years?
yep, like I said I'm a fan of the game itself and it's great being able to go to games actually in the city I live, and to support a "local" team - it's just a bonus/coincidence that they happen to be a successful team

I cop the same shit from people down here because when I was eventually convinced to pick an AFL team to "follow" I chose Hawthorn because thats where I moved to, now all I get is "you only chose them because they have been successful" but I had little to no knowledge of AFL (kinda still don't), and picked them purely because I lived in Hawthorn

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Melbourne threw the last round to avoid the Sharks.

Kudos on wanting Manly for the spoon.