What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

canberra "army"

I was quite outspoken on my views of the performane of the canberra "army" in Newcastle a few weeks ago. I thought they just lacked a bit of starch in terms of leadership and intimidation.

However many people came to the defence of the lime green men and i am willing to see things from their point of view. I am certainly not ignorant to the fact that the canberra "army" are able to produce good performances when they put their minds together nor am i ignorant to the fact that these people travel far and wide in support of their team, make no mistake this is noted. However They just appeared rudderless in Newcastle and their purpose was not clear.

Im just letting you know i will be at the ctown sports ground on sunday when canberra roll into town and i will take my scrap book with me. Of course my main interest will be watching my west tigers more then likely fruitless attempts to beat an inform canberra, however i will also be taking nots of the performance of the canberra "army" and whether issues to leadership and starch have been addressed.

Im sure the canberra "army" are good blokes and passionate blokes, but in order to gain the respect of a bloke of my experience in the army i would like to see them try and compete with some of the better supporter groups like st george, easts and canterbury.

cheers guys.

jed

First Grade
*starts to pretend I care about CDF's opinions*

*realises it's too much effort, stops pretending*

Raider_69

Post Whore
your gonna be there ay? speaking of starch, if you a got a issue to take up mate, how about you stop being a keyboard hero, show some of this starch and take it up with Ultra, 72 or Woodgers personally, im sure any of them would be happy for you to do that. But i wont hold my breathe as i recon you yourself are a fairly starchless charactor

Raider_69

Post Whore
so i guess we can count on a starchless display by you Mr Croyden

dare i make a prediction:
the raiders army will be out in force, sing loudly and proudly all game and put your tigers crowd to shame, we will not see nor hear from mr Dog Food all day. We will return home jump on our PC's to find CDF starting athread about how poor we were, using the word 'starch' in record numbers.

Ironcially as the open invitation is there for him to come over and say hello and offer his "expert" advice, being such an experienced member. He will himself be the most starchless individual in the entire stadium hiding behind his computer. I have grave doubts he will even be at the game.

69 you will put the tigers "army" to shame, they are a rabble, but there a new entity so im prepared to give them time. i look and i only see 13000 in canberra today, you have to admit that is dissapointing, im not sure if the canberra "army" can grow with such a hard to please supporter base. to grow in stature the "army: needs more numbers and fresh idea, if only a handful of loyal people can turn up to watch a top of the table side i find it dissapointing and quite frnakly they are letting down your chances of building a successful "army" that can rival the big teams.

woodgers

Bench
Who gives a stuff what you think dog food. You are nothing and proved it by taking a scrapbook to a game of footy. You can sit there all day jotting down your 'lightbulb ideas' and criticisms. If you are such an experienced army member then how come you are not part of the Tigers army? Surely such a 'new' entity could use the resources of one so high and mighty. Facts are you are a loner who would never even consider talking to a supporters group for fear they would find you what a weasel you actually are.

You don't know crap about what we have done. The Saints Army never came to Canberra but they have pretty much fallen down since the merger. The Dogs Army had one song in Gosford last year and dispite double the numbers of our guys and a microphone at the front of their bay we still outsung them, you can even hear us on the television more than them. Easts? Don't even bother, we have put them to shame a few times now. Could your boot be further in your mouth?

Lastly, I will be at Campbelltown. Feel free to come over and ask for me. I am sure you won't unless you get a spine during the week.

Boing Boing

Juniors
CDF, what makes you think we will all feel liberated when we heaer what you have to say about our performance? You are a joke on these forums and the same most likely goes in real life.

thickos

First Grade
CDF, you're a funny bastard. That post is so transparent its not funny, same with all your other efforts in the NRL section. Alll you do is throw bait out about 'starch' and see how many people bite.

Nice try though.

What's the go with changing the team you follow as well? That's poor form.

Paullyboy

Coach
I didnt bother reading all the posts in this thread because its obviously about some argument i have no knowledge of, nor do i care about.

But what I will say is how good the Army sounded on telly yesterday.

Came through clear as a bell and made the ground sound like it was absolutely pumping. Well Done.

smeghead

Bench
Look forward to seeing the Army boys at Campbelltown on Sunday. I will come over and say hi. As for the WTF we don't have many ongs as yet but we chant until it is difficult to breath. From our performance yesterday I dont think we will have much to chant about but that wont stop us.

Cheers and look forward to putting some faces to the names

juggalo_strit

Juniors
better support groups like saints/dogs/roosters
now i cannot agree with you on the roosters
if they weren't winning you'd find there crowds would drop......
but not just the bandwagon fans but the die hards as well
i think that if they were in the spot the tigers/knights were in at the moment they would be struggling for crowd support

jed

First Grade
smeghead said:
Look forward to seeing the Army boys at Campbelltown on Sunday. I will come over and say hi. As for the WTF we don't have many ongs as yet but we chant until it is difficult to breath. From our performance yesterday I dont think we will have much to chant about but that wont stop us.

Cheers and look forward to putting some faces to the names

Don't worry, the songs will come to you with time. Most of the chants come on the spur of the moment, it's not necessarily something that you can plan out.

Some of the ones that have made me smile the most are the ones that are chanted as a comeback to the rival supporter's group - the Raiders Army have some old-hands that hit their mark almost every time.

Look forward to meeting you at the game.

Boing Boing

Juniors
But don't listen to me at the games, I had a couple of shockers yesterday!

"You sit down to piss
You sit down to piss
Hi Ho the dairy Oh
You sit down to piss"

Pure gold.

Raider Azz

Bench
oh no not this croydon wanker again.

mate, unless you have the guts to come up to us and make these suggestions to us in person (which we would be happy for you to do) i suggest you take your notes elsewhere. you are nothing but a keyboard warrior.

benmeyer said:
But don't listen to me at the games, I had a couple of shockers yesterday!

"You sit down to piss
You sit down to piss
Hi Ho the dairy Oh
You sit down to piss"

Pure gold.

That was my favourite part of the day...you had a second one that didn't work as well :lol:

Sully

Juniors
Dog Food or what ever your name is mate you are a deadset peanut!

Feel free to front at the tigpies game and you'll recieve a warm welcome!

Mate, we can all tell a tale and we all have great ideas but we had 40-50+ that sung their hearts out for the lads on sunday.

Im sure you'll front with all 'your mates' at the game.

Make sure you come and say hello we'll have a chat, this scrapbook is a winner of an idea.

Woodgers.. Can I bring my pacer pencil???