What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Stadium

Brimmer

Juniors
You've got a great stadium in Bruce there...Canberra doesn't need a new stadium. One thing that keeps people away from Bruce is obviously the cold. I'd like to see a section that has micro-climating. A roof over the terraces would be great to see too.

Timbo

Staff member
I think this is all part of the 'Australia is bidding for the soccer world cup' wankfest.

For those who don't know, FIFA requires a stadium of 40,000 seats or more for it to be a world cup host. The ACT doesn't want to miss out so they're throwing ideas like this out.

Will never happen, especially not after the debacle from the last time we upgraded.

mongoose

Coach
redevlopement.

It doesn't need too much done tbh, just some some protection from the conditions. It's a good stadium though, 25,000 seats is more than enough for canberra.

canberraraida

Juniors
i would like to see to canberra stadium the same but like colonial (telstra dome) stadium in melb with the roof and maybe some some heaters to warm the stadium up.