What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberran Salary Cap Issues - Joey Leilua

Old Timer

Coach
I would sign him in a heartbeat. He is a huge improvement on Lafai and Aiken. Canberra would have to pay some of his salary you would imagine? He gets to return home to his junior club and he gets to play with his brother (this may actually get his younger brother to get off his ass and start to realise some of his potential).
There is 5 or 6 years between their ages, so they have never played together are we now the club that re unites family members for them to be happy and live out their dream especially when BJ has failed miserably at fulfilling his early potential and Luc has also failed to impress enough to get a 1st grade gig in 2017?
Honestly, if you think Luciano needs his big brother to motivate him then we don't need him either.
Typical thread of everything we don't have is always better than what we have.
Just ludicrous.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Lafai...surely you jest......

Totally agree ,another one that got his contract upgraded and went back to sleep.

Had a couple of flick passes come off early in the season, so then became obsessed with them ,and wasn't smart enough to realize that they weren't working by seasons end.

Still trading on form of 2014 , I'd say that 2014 was and will be the best year this bloke ever has,would be lucky to get a start at most other clubs.

Life's Good

Coach
I don’t understand the love for BJ. Sure he can bust a game open and wreak havoc BUT that was 2016. His 2017 form was littered with poor defensive reads, forced passes, games where he was non existent which was mixed in with a poor attitude. No thanks.
Rapana on the other hand.....

dragonssamy61

First Grade
His profile says DOB is 24/09/99, that makes him 18.

Yeap my bad mate
Thanks
But I think he needs time playing against men in the cup first.
I think guys like matterson Johns is closer than him.
But zac is special.
Just hope he is looked after well by the coaching staff

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Big BJ in the Red V would be very interesting. He is a hot and cold player but when he is hot he is a game breaker. I personally would be very excited if he were to sign. Massive upgrade on Lafai.

watatank

Coach
Everyone lomax can not play nrl untill he is 18.
That's is nrl rules.
We will have to wait.
But I don't want joey what we have already go will do.
We need a centre / winger with pace .

Pretty sure he turns 18 before the end of the year. He will be eligible to play first grade at the start of next season

slippery5

Juniors
Yeap my bad mate
Thanks
But zac is special.
I hope the coaching staff don't take too long, he may just have that X factor we are lacking in attack.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yeap my bad mate
Thanks
But zac is special.
I have only seen Matherson Johns play one game and that was on the wing. He was quite impressive that day, scoring numerous tries. I have also seen a few highlights of him. He was playing centre later in the year for the 20's. From what I have seen, I like. I would even consider him as one of our wingers for next year. He has a decent build on him and could possibly handle the rise to first grade. I have given it a bit of thought and would be interested to see us start next year with a backline of

1 Dufty
2 Matherson Johns
3 Lomax
4 Lafai
5 TBC I was hoping for Koroibete. Nightingale is too slow and McDonald isn't good enough
6 Widdop
7 Hunt.

I know it would be a gamble, but it could very well pay off in the long term, maybe even in the first year. Easts won the 2012 comp with Topou and RTS in their first full year in grade. Souths won a comp with Walker in his second year and Johnson as a rookie and Cronulla won a comp with Bird in his second year and Holmes in his first full year, I am sure there are many other good examples too. We will have one of the best packs in the comp next year, one of the best pairs of halves. I think it is the perfect circumstance to blood Lomax and Matherson Johns.

Mr Red

First Grade
I don’t understand the love for BJ. Sure he can bust a game open and wreak havoc BUT that was 2016. His 2017 form was littered with poor defensive reads, forced passes, games where he was non existent which was mixed in with a poor attitude. No thanks.
Rapana on the other hand.....

Mate your assessment of BJ sums entire raiders team practically for 2017...
Not sure what went on down there but a lot of players went backwards on their form of 2016

MrDragon007

Juniors
Dammed if we do and dammed if we dont.
If we sign him, and he has a cold year, then Millward and co get a spraying, and if we dont sign him, then its back to the "we are useless we cant sign anybody nobody wants to play for us" bla bla bla .....
Truth is, we wont even approach him. We have Lafai and Aitkins, both signed up, and we have Mann plus a few juniors that can step into the centre spot if needed.
Many will say re-signing Lafai was a bad call etc etc, but when we re-signed him he was on fire, and to be fair he played pretty good the majority of the year, he certainly had more good games then BJ did in 2017.
What we need is speedy wingers with size and speed. That should be our focus, and maybe one more hard nut forward.
The rest of the positions are well covered.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Frank
I think he will one day be a second rower
He only young still has plenty of building up to go.
But he has some pace and can play other positions.
He not a bad centre as well.
Good kid.
Works hard.

Last edited: