What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant win without Finch

denwatts

Juniors
What is becoming noticeable is Parra cant win without Finch.Its not Finch's attack that we missed it was his defence.What Finch has been doing defending down the our right side.If you notice where the early Raiders tries were scored in was down our right side defence.
What is noticeable is that Tim Smith is not our main man anymore, he was just making the numbers up on Saturday but so were a few others but Tim Smith is supposed to organise the team.Over the last couple of weeks its been Finch pointing and directing the team around the park.As this as been the case, without Finch Parra's up the creek when he does not play.

stuke

Bench
yet at the start of the season Finch's head was on the chopping block and Green played a great role in the win versus Canberra at home when Finch was ruled out.

how things change....

sooperdooper

First Grade
i think we did miss finch... but there are 3 other plays we missed as well
hindy hayne tahu
we dont know what would have happened if finch was fit, but i dont want excuses.... not if's but's maybes.
we lost... we played poor

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
yeah i think we need Finch's experience to carry us around the park and to back Tim Smith up if hes sounding quiet, Blake Green may not be able to do that yet

hineyrulz

Post Whore
To be honest i can't see Finchy making much of a difference, the WHOLE side looked flat and lacklustre. Yeah his defense may have helped but so would have Hindy's.

Stagger eel

Staff member
we missed Finch, but fairdinkum there was no way he was the difference the other night, while he's an absolute pest to the opposition and would of added that extra bit of enthusiasm to the side it would not have made the difference, Canberra played the perfect game for the first 10 minutes and with the assistance of several piggyback penalties which had our back broken by the 11th minute. A decent side would of put 80 on us after that, but thank god we were playing Canberra.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
we can win without Finch

I'm sure we could, I'm sure we can win without any number of players but I made a statement on saturday morning that we will see why Finch is important to the side and I still believe has a major role to play and has contributed to our resent success as has alot of players. I think we did see on Saturday night what effect it did do to the side as good as Blake was in attack he was extremely poor in defence, but he definitely wasn't alone.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Finch is last in try assists out of all the halves in the NRL who have played 10games plus.

Finch has only been average in defence. All this hoobaalaa about Finch being some demon in defence is Hagan talking poop to disguise his poor form from rounds 1-7. Whilst he is coming along nicely and shown signs of improvements, i wouldn't get too carried away about Finch's defence.

Finch will continue to improve IMO, and feature stronger towards the finals and hopefully earn his dough.

mickdo

Coach
I'm just glad we have the bye for the 3rd origin. Can't afford to be without Hayne and Hindy again (assuming they are selected).