What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury-Bankstown - returning to BELMORE!

nqcowboy87

Bench
heres the pic
photo3.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looks like they've started the wipe-out and reinstall of the seating.

nqcowboy87

Bench
will they be sorting out the old corporate boxes and the terry lamb bar or whatver it was called for sydney olympic, last time i was at belmore in 05 they where all graffiteed and stuff

Tucantango

Juniors
Looks like they've started the wipe-out and reinstall of the seating.

My guess is the seats have probably been ripped out by the fanatical soccer supporters who have tossed them at the referees and supporters of the visiting teams ... LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Timmah

Staff member
My guess is the seats have probably been ripped out by the fanatical soccer supporters who have tossed them at the referees and supporters of the visiting teams ... LMAO :lol::lol::lol:
:?

I'll leave that one alone, I think.

Timmah

Staff member
749033-belmore.jpg

THE Bulldogs are set for a famous return to Belmore with Canterbury to play their first game in 13 years at the spiritual home of the club.

As a $7 million upgrade to Belmore Sports Ground reaches its final stages, the Bulldogs are planning to hold their 2012 trial match against the Roosters at the 91-year-old ground they abandoned in 1998.

In a historic move that every Bulldogs fan has been waiting for, Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg said the club would return to the famous ground for trial matches, NSW Cup fixtures and junior representative games from next season.

"We are planing on holding a trial game there next year and certainly play all our other grades there all year," Greenberg said.

The entire club will also relocate to the new-look ground at the end of the year for the pre-season when long overdue upgrades have been finished.

With the renovations set to be complete in five weeks, The Daily Telegraph was given in exclusive tour of the new-look ground yesterday.

Although still very much a construction sight, the skeleton of what will be one of the most impressive training facilities in Sydney was clearly visible.

"It is a state-of-the-art performance facility," Greenberg said. "Something that will rival any other club. This will do wonders for the club both on and off-the-field.

"One of the key parts of this is having our entire club in one place. It is not just about the on-field performance but to make sure the whole organisation jells together."

After walking through a brand new gate - a futuristic structure replacing the old turnstile tin-shed - we are taken into what will be the organisations new heart.

Below the famous grandstand, which has finally had the red Winfield Cup signage removed, 5000 tones of dirt has been removed and been replaced with a state-of-the-art gym, including two giant ice-baths.

Four times bigger than the workout area at Homebush, it will include a 40m running track that begins in the gym and, impressively, ends on the field.

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES OF THE REDEVELOPED BELMORE

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/gallery-e6frextr-1226112741091
The head coach's office looks over where the players will work out while next door the old dressing rooms have been gutted and replaced.

Upstairs, next to the Steve Mortimer bar, which will be up-dated next month, there is a players' lounge, barbecue area and theatre.

New offices have also been built to accommodate all the Bulldogs' staff.

Outside, every seat in the stand has been replaced and a $1 million practice pitch has been built next to the ground.

"It is a culmination of three years' planning and lobbying," Greenberg said. "It is the Bulldogs returning to their local community. We are returning to our roots and every day we will be living in our local community, which is very important to us."

While an NRL match at Belmore remains a distant possibility with the Bulldogs contracted to play at ANZ Stadium until 2015, Greenberg refused to rule it out. "With additional funding and more attention to the infrastructure of the place, there is no reason why we couldn't," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nears-completion/story-e6frexnr-1226112761214

nqcowboy87

Bench
that looks impressive the gym looks like a fitness first, dissapointing they took down the old gates, they should have done what they did at members equity/nib.

now all they need to do is guerney the cement. is the sheeting on the outside of the old corporate boxes corrugated gal sheeting, if so, surely they could spring to replace that make it a bit more sleek.

also i know the bar in the middle is the steve mortimer bar, but whats the one in the top right hand corner of the stand if you wher facing the grandstand

ByRd

First Grade
Awesome, just freaking awesome news!!! Well done to everyone involved in getting us back home and I pray and hope we have a trial there next year, will be unbelievable.

Bulldog Force

Referee
that looks impressive the gym looks like a fitness first, dissapointing they took down the old gates, they should have done what they did at members equity/nib.

now all they need to do is guerney the cement. is the sheeting on the outside of the old corporate boxes corrugated gal sheeting, if so, surely they could spring to replace that make it a bit more sleek.

also i know the bar in the middle is the steve mortimer bar, but whats the one in the top right hand corner of the stand if you wher facing the grandstand
Which picture exactly are you talking about?

***MH***

Bench
Anyone keen to watch some Rugby League action at Belmore, there will be games there next Saturday (10 September). Bulldogs will be having a home NSW Cup semi final, as well as Harold Matthews trials.

Timmah

Staff member
It's my understanding that those games will be held at The Crest, as Belmore is still a construction site in many ways. Where'd you hear that?

>zuzu<

Juniors
Was at Belmore last year for the NSW game V Sharks. To be honest - it was my first game there. My old man was a dogs supporter but never took me to a game out that way. But its our spiritual home and I can see why.

Im sick of seeing an empty stadium in ANZ. At least this way, we start taking games to Belmore against teams where we dont normally draw a good crowd (Raiders, NQ, Melbourne etc)

Dogs Of War

Coach
Anyone keen to watch some Rugby League action at Belmore, there will be games there next Saturday (10 September). Bulldogs will be having a home NSW Cup semi final, as well as Harold Matthews trials.

Something I miss, used to live at Croydon Park, and it's not much of a walk over to Belmore, used to catch up on all the junior games when there wasn't much to do. Years ago, I think it was the Jersey Flegg grand final against Cronulla, it was in the pouring rain, just me and my mate on the hill with newspaper over our heads, enjoying the Dogs come back from something like 18 down to win the match.

I will say though, those last few years on the hill at Belmore were like a battle zone, I couldn't take mates supporting other teams cause there were just too many troublemakers just wanting to start fights for the sake of it. Can't see it happening these days, given these events will be far and few between.

***MH***

Bench
NSW CUP - Week One Finals schedule and Broadcast information
NSWRL MEDIA
5/09/2011 10:24:45 AM
With the regular season run and done, here is the breakdown on Week One of the NSW Cup Finals Series.

First up this Saturday we will see the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (1st) return to their spiritual home at Belmore to take on the Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers (8th) at 2pm.

This match will be able to be heard LIVE on TripleH FM, with the link available via our Weekend Game-Cast and also available via the Triple H FM website.
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=43098&title=nsw-cup---week-one-finals-schedule-and-broadcast-information

Latest posts