What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury Bulldogs backflip on multimillion dollar Andrew Fifita deal

Dogs Of War

Coach
All over it in the main nrl forum.

Best news ever. Now I can only hope that tony Williams does something that forces him out. But considering he has done nothing since he left manly I'm not holding my breath.

gonz

Juniors
So RAYlene saids dogs terminated contract, fifitas
mgr say that's crap they did !

Standard dogs nothing simple always sum sort
of game or Angle been played

Bulldog Force

Referee
Hopefully we can invest the money, which I'm guessing is about $600,000 (not $850,000) into a good fullback and perhaps a young halfback. I know we got Hokko but maybe we can get a young one in and get Hokko to take him under his wing so to speak.

RichieB

Juniors
I hate the dogs and you'll get smashed by the Roosters this week BUT, Kudos to them for getting rid of this overpaid, overhyped and head up his arse person. Go to union or AFL, who cares.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Gee's he sounded stupid. He pretty much disrespected the Bulldogs with his comments. Thank goodness he's not coming to our club. Merkin. And I mean the 4 letter word merkin that starts with a c!

Tayjack

Juniors
Yep bye bye Andrew- what about the cover up everyone involved came up with? The 3rd party arrangements could not be finalised!! Take it as fact that 30 minutes after that infamous comment now- Des hasler walked into raelines office and said he's gone, forget the contract I don't want him.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yep bye bye Andrew- what about the cover up everyone involved came up with? The 3rd party arrangements could not be finalised!! Take it as fact that 30 minutes after that infamous comment now- Des hasler walked into raelines office and said he's gone, forget the contract I don't want him.

That could've happened, but also keep in mind that the 3rd party sponsor wouldn't have wanted him to represent their brand... so they pulled out.

spearby

Juniors
I am a wests fan but congrats to the dogs for having the balls tell him to go to bloody union

Dogs Of War

Coach

I'm sure something like that may have happened, Des wasn't around during the SBW saga, but Ray Dib was. Given he only signed a memo of understanding or something of that ilk, there was no formal contract, so it seems that someone at the Bulldogs rallied the troops to ensure we didn't have SBW Mk 2 happening.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Regardless if the story a few posts back is true about Des, there's no doubt that some 3rd party sponsors would've been running for the hills after hearing his heart was with Rugby and/or the Sharks.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm sure something like that may have happened, Des wasn't around during the SBW saga, but Ray Dib was. Given he only signed a memo of understanding or something of that ilk, there was no formal contract, so it seems that someone at the Bulldogs rallied the troops to ensure we didn't have SBW Mk 2 happening.
I guess we were just lucky that he hadn't officially signed at that stage.