What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

RufusRex

Post Whore
I like kerr but at times i get the feeling he plays too nice ... Reminds me of Kite at the start of his career a little with better hands.

BLM01

First Grade
Good win to the boys
It was...but still with Head at the helm they can be mighty inconsistent at times even with a good lead. Now my focus will be more on this grade for cheering the boys on for the finals etc..we have a pretty tough draw coming in.
It will be a good effort to finish in the Top 2. (currently 3rd).albeit unlike 1st grade we have one of the stronger F & A.

possm

Coach
What do our reserve graders have to do to gain selection in first grade this season. The Dragons a a bottom dwell with next to no chance of making the 8. This year is stuffed so why not test some of the good performers in reserve grade in first grade so that we can better understand who we want to keep and who is to go. Now I understand Masters, Timm, Robson and some others have signed with other clubs and so I do understand why they are not being given the opportunity to play in first grade. However, there is no excuse to select Latimore over Kerr and no excuse not to select Ford on the bench for a few games. I'd say Ravalawa at right centre and Saab on the right wing would be a better selection decision than the current combination of Aitken and Ravalawa.

In my opinion once Lomax returns from injury, he should spend the remainder of this season at fullback. I also believe that if Widdop returns - and I doubt he will - he and Norman should play in the halves with Hunt going to hooker and McInnes to lock. Widdop is not a fullback and will be very reluctant to defend one on one at the back or take a high ball with opposition forwards stampeding in his direction.

Getting rid of Aitken and Lafai may be a difficult exercise given the salary they are currently on and the fact that their contracts conclude at the end of 2020. So it is very important to give it our best shot by dropping both centres to reserve grade and maybe playing Ford at left centre just for the experience and confidence gained in playing first grade. Ford has speed and size and may not be a bad short term fix. However, most importantly, the player mangers for Aitken and Lafai may deem it important to find another club for 2020 given their client's standing and salary may diminish significantly as reserve graders.

Ideally we need to recruit two new top first graders for 2020 a fullback/centre and a prop. We also need to retain Kerr and Ford as backup for first grade. Given that I don't believe Millward can sign the Turbo brothers, my team for 2020 would look like this:

1. Lomax - low cost solution for a spine player
2. Pearson - is improving every game
3. Ravalawa - to me looks like a centre rather than a winger
4. New Centre - centre/fullback
5. Saab - hopefully he will be ready by season's start in 2020
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. New Prop - an aggressive top grade prop
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Ford - to centre if a backline injury
13. Frizell - is playing better in the middle these days

14. K Sims - impact of the bench
15. Leilua - impact of the bench
16. Lawrie - versatile, prop and backrow
17. Graham or Kerr - depends on Graham's fitness

It goes without saying we need to clean out the deadwood which includes the entire coaching staff and their assitants.

BLM01

First Grade
What do our reserve graders have to do to gain selection in first grade this season. The Dragons a a bottom dwell with next to no chance of making the 8. This year is stuffed so why not test some of the good performers in reserve grade in first grade so that we can better understand who we want to keep and who is to go. Now I understand Masters, Timm, Robson and some others have signed with other clubs and so I do understand why they are not being given the opportunity to play in first grade. However, there is no excuse to select Latimore over Kerr and no excuse not to select Ford on the bench for a few games. I'd say Ravalawa at right centre and Saab on the right wing would be a better selection decision than the current combination of Aitken and Ravalawa.

In my opinion once Lomax returns from injury, he should spend the remainder of this season at fullback. I also believe that if Widdop returns - and I doubt he will - he and Norman should play in the halves with Hunt going to hooker and McInnes to lock. Widdop is not a fullback and will be very reluctant to defend one on one at the back or take a high ball with opposition forwards stampeding in his direction.

Getting rid of Aitken and Lafai may be a difficult exercise given the salary they are currently on and the fact that their contracts conclude at the end of 2020. So it is very important to give it our best shot by dropping both centres to reserve grade and maybe playing Ford at left centre just for the experience and confidence gained in playing first grade. Ford has speed and size and may not be a bad short term fix. However, most importantly, the player mangers for Aitken and Lafai may deem it important to find another club for 2020 given their client's standing and salary may diminish significantly as reserve graders.

Ideally we need to recruit two new top first graders for 2020 a fullback/centre and a prop. We also need to retain Kerr and Ford as backup for first grade. Given that I don't believe Millward can sign the Turbo brothers, my team for 2020 would look like this:

1. Lomax - low cost solution for a spine player
2. Pearson - is improving every game
3. Ravalawa - to me looks like a centre rather than a winger
4. New Centre - centre/fullback
5. Saab - hopefully he will be ready by season's start in 2020
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. New Prop - an aggressive top grade prop
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Ford - to centre if a backline injury
13. Frizell - is playing better in the middle these days

14. K Sims - impact of the bench
15. Leilua - impact of the bench
16. Lawrie - versatile, prop and backrow
17. Graham or Kerr - depends on Graham's fitness

It goes without saying we need to clean out the deadwood which includes the entire coaching staff and their assitants.
"Given that I don't believe Millward can sign the Turbo brothers"
Earth to Possm..come in Possm...do you read me..over and out
1. Just to let you know Turbo bros have re-signed with Manly so Millward cant sign then until 2026.
2. Lomax is a centre and should play there
3. Widdop probably back in 2 weeks and he has already said...i'm back at 6

The rest i cop you and understood except i will argue to the cows come back to earth that Frizzell is a waste in the middle

getsmarty

Immortal
Our CC team sitting 3rd on the ladder and look destined for finals football.

The game on the weekend against Mounties, again we saw

Timm-
77mins played at prop
18 runs 183m
65 pcm
4 tb
15 hit ups
42 tackles at 93%

But not wanted in first grade, sigh!

And yet McGregor plays an injured Latimore over timm and we lose Latimore due to the injury...it's not rocket science...

possm

Coach
"Given that I don't believe Millward can sign the Turbo brothers"
Earth to Possm..come in Possm...do you read me..over and out
1. Just to let you know Turbo bros have re-signed with Manly so Millward cant sign then until 2026.
2. Lomax is a centre and should play there
3. Widdop probably back in 2 weeks and he has already said...i'm back at 6

The rest i cop you and understood except i will argue to the cows come back to earth that Frizzell is a waste in the middle
1. So if you are right, then Millward failed to sign them.
2. Early on this season some were saying Lomax is a winger not a centre. If we do not sign a top grade fullback, you will find that Lomax will fill that position until we do or maybe he will be our long term fullback.
3. Oh, now Widdop our club captain, who is leaving us at the end of the year, is openly telling us what position he will play in two weeks. Let me tell you, no matter which position he plays, he will play poorly mainly because he does not want to be injured again this season.

BLM01

First Grade
1. So if you are right, then Millward failed to sign them.
2. Early on this season some were saying Lomax is a winger not a centre. If we do not sign a top grade fullback, you will find that Lomax will fill that position until we do or maybe he will be our long term fullback.
3. Oh, now Widdop our club captain, who is leaving us at the end of the year, is openly telling us what position he will play in two weeks. Let me tell you, no matter which position he plays, he will play poorly mainly because he does not want to be injured again this season.
1. Correct..so did 15 other clubs
2. Wrong..who said he was a winger I did not read too many. Will be a top flight centre in time if injury does not cruel him
3. Wrong, he did not say the decision was his. And he never plays poorly

to_ddeath

Coach
Looks like I’m off to Leichhardt oval next Sunday to watch them play the Maggies at 1.15pm.
Much more enjoyable to watch some actual footy live instead of the FG slop I’ve managed to avoid mostly.