What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Can anyone confirm if McF!!!!!!W!! Was there to watch.

Wonder if Gus is going to question him about when he last watched a CC game as he spends 12-14 hours a day being the club coach is what we are all told to believe

BLM01

First Grade
Watching that game showed me Dragons Footy has resinated down to that grade. Matthew Head is part of it and why I dont wont to keep him along with Mary. The forwards were not effective in defence and Dogs looked most likely with 2nd phase, off loads etc and with the exception of Timm & Kerr and maybe Host were hopeless getting yards, our back 5 too except for Runciman.
I did not agree with the typical one out running. Host did a lot of one out hit ups in the middle but not effective and not his go. Nicholls & Clune looked nervous and Nicholls had a poor game controlling the team. Field lazy 1st half but his 2 tries won us the game in the 2nd.
We played dumb football trying to protect a lead at 22-20 and lost any punch.
Yes we won..but Dogs were full of dumb errors too and lost their main playmaker in the 1st half.
I just hope with a few good players back we improve 2 fold in the next game and stop playing Mary's Dragons one out nervous back foot slide defense footy and come of the line hard in defence.

For me Maranta, Allgood, Gale, Levido, Masters, Nicholls are just about not up to even reserve grade on what I saw today..Field was in the list based on his 1st half but dug out of the hole in the 2nd.

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
Can anyone confirm if McF!!!!!!W!! Was there to watch.

Wonder if Gus is going to question him about when he last watched a CC game as he spends 12-14 hours a day being the club coach is what we are all told to believe

Don't see him. May have been but don't think so

George Dragon

Juniors
Watching that game showed me Dragons Footy has resinated down to that grade. Matthew Head is part of it and why I dont wont to keep him along with Mary. The forwards were not effective in defence and Dogs looked most likely with 2nd phase, off loads etc and with the exception of Timm & Kerr and maybe Host were hopeless getting yards, our back 5 too except for Runciman.
I did not agree with the typical one out running. Host did a lot of one out hit ups in the middle but not effective and not his go. Nicholls & Clune looked nervous and Nicholls had a poor game controlling the team. Field lazy 1st half but his 2 tries won us the game in the 2nd.
We played dumb football trying to protect a lead at 22-20 and lost any punch.
Yes we won..but Dogs were full of dumb errors too and lost their main playmaker in the 1st half.
I just hope with a few good players back we improve 2 fold in the next game and stop playing Mary's Dragons one out nervous back foot slide defense footy and come of the line hard in defence.

For me Maranta, Allgood, Gale, Levido, Masters, Nicholls are just about not up to even reserve grade on what I saw today..Field was in the list based on his 1st half but dug out of the hole in the 2nd.
Gale is still young and has only played a few CC games he did well and will improve
Levido only played because someone didnt turn up to training.
i think the Dogs really did their homework from last week they stopped Clune in his tracks

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I
Gale is still young and has only played a few CC games he did well and will improve
Levido only played because someone didnt turn up to training.
i think the Dogs really did their homework from last week they stopped Clune in his tracks
I know GD. I just go so frustrated with some of the stupid kicks in the 1st half and ineffective running and tackling. Who did not turn up to training?...and why... Rava?
They will have to improve a hell of a lot to beat the Bears or Jets in WK3 with both their full strength sides....and our sof course. Too much Mary Dragons footy in their play I saw today.

denis preston

First Grade
Thought the Bulldogs had a great pack and had plenty of go forward.Thought Gale showed plenty and where did he come from? Host was just used as a ramrod all game.He needs a new environment and new coaches as he sure has stagnated this year. Timm has a great motor and surely part of Goulds review has to be why wasn't he given at least a game in NRL to see how he went.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
CC were not that impressive but had many players out:-
Dufty
Ford
Pearson
Pereira
Sailor
Ravalawa
Robson
I thought that Gale, Host, Kerr and Timm played well while Clune and Field were patchy.
Head has the CC team as Minor Premiers and 31 points 13 points higher than Mc Gregor.

George Dragon

Juniors
Thought the Bulldogs had a great pack and had plenty of go forward.Thought Gale showed plenty and where did he come from? Host was just used as a ramrod all game.He needs a new environment and new coaches as he sure has stagnated this year. Timm has a great motor and surely part of Goulds review has to be why wasn't he given at least a game in NRL to see how he went.
Gale is our Flegg captain and has been at the club for 2 years, he is from the bush.

Latest posts