What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury cup vs Wests

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards is playing well at the moment, but he’s susceptible to the crop of youngsters around him.

There’s more to the comparison between Burton & Ponga than just their head gear, similar style of player. Just style at this point, not talent.

Burton honestly looks like he could play every position in the backline.

I have no doubt Edwards will get overtaken eventually but atm he is going well enough that I'd keep him and strengthen centre or hooker 1st

Kilkenny

Coach
Former Panther Soni Luke a chance to debut for the Tigers next week with Farah & Liddle both out. Would be pleased for him if he get’s a shot. They’ll probably go with Reynolds but Luke has been good this season by all reports.

OldPanther

Coach
See that run? Edwards can't do that then got Laurie too.

Naden on wing for Mansour. With Burton inside him he will score heaps of tries

Watching first grade. Put Burton at centre and you'll lose everythingbgood about him. It'd be like putting Ponga at centre. Edwards is a good runnet and so was Aekins. Burton can kick, run, ball play. That's next level to these guys.

Whino

Bench
Watching first grade. Put Burton at centre and you'll lose everythingbgood about him. It'd be like putting Ponga at centre. Edwards is a good runnet and so was Aekins. Burton can kick, run, ball play. That's next level to these guys.

I agree with that.
Whilst its good to find a way to get him in the 17 he is not using all his skill set at centre. Sounds like a bit of a waste to me.

franklin2323

Immortal

Then still have ordinary centres though. Naden and Crichton in defence are behind Burton

OldPanther

Coach
Then still have ordinary centres though. Naden and Crichton in defence are behind Burton

You'd be completely taking him out of the game. Put Edwards there to make use of his strength. Mitchell who's best centre in the game barely does anything due to how the position works.

franklin2323

Immortal
You'd be completely taking him out of the game. Put Edwards there to make use of his strength. Mitchell who's best centre in the game barely does anything due to how the position works.

Was Tommy Turbo out of the game in Origin? Or GI when he was centre?

OldPanther

Coach

Come on be realistic. Turbo played a one off game there in a rep team. Inglis played there because his knees gave out or he had Slater earlier in his career. If you put Burton at centre you might as well not play him at all.

Come on be realistic. Turbo played a one off game there in a rep team. Inglis played there because his knees gave out or he had Slater earlier in his career. If you put Burton at centre you might as well not play him at all.

Could still be a good way to ease him in to FG. The halves just need to find the centres with the ball.

Whino

Bench

No they weren't, but both are proven class players.

I think Burton's best position until I see otherwise is 5/8. He should continue his development as one in the off season.
Luai deserves the right to start round 1 at 5/8 though if he has a good pre season and trials.