What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carl Webb diagnosed with MND

Geez that’s awful news. Mate of mine passed away last year from MND and saw the impacts it has, along with that on family and close friends.

Tough road ahead for Carl but trust he, his family and close friends can manage this as best possible.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That’s a sht hand of cards he’s been dealt. As said hopefully the game looks after him and his family.

Billythekid

First Grade
I’ve looked after a few peApple with this disease and recently cared for a local cardiologist who died from it (far too young). There are few crueler conditions than this, to see these people who are totally still with it mentally as their body slowly gives up around them to the point where they can no longer breath.

It’s f**king cruel. My thoughts are with him and his family. Also for those in a position to there are quite a few charities you can donate to.

moffla

Bench
Shattering.

A soccer team mate of mine was diagnosed in 2014 and unfortunately lost his life 2 years later. Seeing someone deteriorate so rapidly is incredibly hard to watch. Especially seeing him with his young family.

We know Webb's tough though, he will give up as good of a fight as anyone to extend his years.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/da97848e1286c9a9f5b237d0d3702d70

Queensland Origin forward Carl Webb has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease.
The news of the 38-year-old’s diagnosis was released on the Queensland Rugby League website.

Watch the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO. Every game of every round LIVE & Ad-Break Free during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Webb played over 180 NRL games as well as representing Australia in a single Test match back in 2008.

The forward played for Brisbane, Parramatta and the Cowboys across an 11-year first-grade career, and also played for the Indigenous All Stars.

9176cb003776b1a3ab39b83e18f94f53

Luke Bailey and Carl Webb get up close and personal during the 2005 Origin seriesSource: News Limited
19d2a7d0b00bd23f94eca1dd93ea162f

Webb during his Cowboys daysSource: News Corp Australia
Gorden Tallis, who played with Webb for Brisbane and Queensland, described the man he nicknamed Charlie as one of the most devastating players he has seen.

“He was so powerful and explosive as a player, he was the strongest guy I’ve ever seen in the gym,” Tallis told foxsports.com.au.

“Then he went to the Cowboys it was totally different, he really hit his straps there.

“He was so explosive, but more importantly he’s a really good fella, he’s a champion bloke. If you played with him, you’d love him.”

7c3c23058cf614bc31eed915289f1791

Carl Webb displays the inaugural Indigenous All Stars jumper.Source: News Corp Australia

Webb is the latest sports star to be hit with the degenerative and incurable disease, which damages the nervous system.

South African rugby union player Joost van der Westhuizen passed away with the disease in 2017, while AFL great Neale Daniher and England rugby league international Rob Burrow have also been diagnosed with the condition in recent years.

Latest posts