What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carlton AFL star 'punched fan in the mouth'

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/23543120/Carlton-fan-punch-claims/

Carlton star 'punched fan in the mouth'

Cameron Baud 7News Melbourne May 15, 2014, 6:04 pm

A Carlton football player has been accused of punching a fan in the mouth, shortly after being approached in the street for a photograph.

The victim, 25-year-old Carlton supporter, who 7News has agreed to identify only as Mike, alleges that Blues defender Simon White punched him in the mouth in the city on Tuesday night.

He claims he tried to intervene when White and two other Carlton players - Dylan Buckley and David Ellard - objected to his friend taking their photograph as they were leaving a concert.

"Simon White kept on progressively getting angrier," Mike told 7News. "I told him to 'just move along, get out of here'. I told him 'we don't want any trouble' and that's when he punched me in the lip."

7News has been told that 25-year-old White has a different version of events, and claims Mike provoked the clash.

"There was no provocation of any kind," he said. "It's not like I went up to him and said I was from another team and said Carlton are rubbish or anything."

In a statement, Carlton Football Club said: “We are aware of an altercation on Tuesday night.

"The club and Simon have been co-operating with police.

“As the matter is being investigated, we are not in a position to go into any more detail.”

Bryce Gibbs and Brock MClean were also with White at the concert, but were not involved.

“As soon as I was punched, within less than ten seconds I couldn’t see any of the footballers there,” he said.

White was interviewed by detectives last night.

Police have also obtained security vision from the venue.

It is expected that White, who has played 32 games over five season, will be charged on summons.

Mike is also considering suing for damages.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He aint no star and sounds like a media beat up as "Mike" wants to sue for damages so he has blabbed to the media.

El Diablo

Post Whore
He aint no star and sounds like a media beat up as "Mike" wants to sue for damages so he has blabbed to the media.

129979-64387e50-dbfb-11e3-bb5e-bb14174cd6c1.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ing-of-blues-fan/story-fni5f5nx-1226919128639

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not defending what White did because I dont know the whole story and we've not heard his version yet but thats how the media operate, they will go after a footballer for the sake of ratings or chip wrapper sales no matter what code he plays.

“If that punch had been different it could have destroyed my family’s life.’’

This guy really sounds a bit like a drama queen and attention seeker who will no doubt be after some compensation which he has already admitted to.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
You can't just punch a bloke for intervening in a small dispute. Football players have it a bit harder because of their profile, but that doesn't change the fact that one punch can do some terrible damage. Sounds like an assault charge and victims compensation is due.

sportive cupid

Referee
Oh ,my mistake.

It's just that I thought all threads which include an article about AFL from a mainstream newspaper end up in the fight club.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Because they just do

I would appreciate if we can just keep this forum for AFL discussions without it turning into TFC, we already have one of those.

Its everyone's prerogative to discuss their opinions but its getting so people wont discuss AFL for fear that someone will jump down their throat with their anti AFL bias and thats not what this subforum is for.

Thankyou.

El Diablo

Post Whore
what are people fearing by replying to AFL news :?

this topic hasn't had any AFL bagging in it like it would if it was in TFC