What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney Charged Malicious Damage

matt

Juniors
Bet you wouldn't say the same thing if it was your car he dented.

I'd be f**king furious.

Meh the kid sings off from canberra and goulburn with a bit of bonnet surfing,all because his bitter EX couldnt let him go..

initially i would be pissed but then i would say sorry to hear about the way you have treated by the raiders(Failed mentoring) and sorry about the loss of your father..and then ask for him to post me a few tickets from wherever he ends up playing in 2010...and spot me the $350 for the insurance..

Chachi

Bench
With all due respect, his parents are the ones who failed to mentor him, not his employer. This whole idea of NRL clubs being responsible for babysitting adults who act like f**kwits is getting a bit tiresome.

matt

Juniors
so the club put him on pedastle for 10 years pumps it up the fans arse and the kids knowing exactly what they had and an inability to control it...Reeks of bad management imo.

Chachi

Bench
so the club put him on pedastle for 10 years pumps it up the fans arse and the kids knowing exactly what they had and an inability to control it...Reeks of bad management imo.
So you'd clearly disagree that it's a good idea for a clubs management to employ him as a barman then? As a hypothetical example of course.

Or maybe we shouldn't have put him on a pedastal by offering him our highest paying contract when he re-signed last year?

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
initially i would be pissed but then i would say sorry to hear about the way you have treated by the raiders(Failed mentoring) and sorry about the loss of your father..and then ask for him to post me a few tickets from wherever he ends up playing in 2010...and spot me the $350 for the insurance..

He'd probably tell you to get f**ked and spit in your face..

99% of young players coming through don't have any serious issues. But there are douche' bags in every crowd who fail to learn from their mistakes. Todd is one of those. Its really his loss. Bad luck Todd... I can imagine how bad i'd feel if i'd just lost an easy 400k in one year..

Chachi

Bench
I'm genuinely interested to know what the club should have done to keep him out of the legal system.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Police have charged the former Canberra Raiders start Todd Carney with malicious damage after he was allegedly captured on CCTV cameras jumping on several cars.
Carney and another man have been arrested and charged and will appear in court next month.
The alleged incident happened last weekend in Goulburn, south of Sydney.
Police viewed the security footage before making the arrests.
Tags: law-crime-and-justice, police, sport, rugby-league, australia, act, canberra-2600, nsw, goulburn-2580, qld, atherton-4883

matt

Juniors
So you'd clearly disagree that it's a good idea for a clubs management to employ him as a barman then? As a hypothetical example of course.

Or maybe we shouldn't have put him on a pedastal by offering him our highest paying contract when he re-signed last year?

NO not if they didn't have the personnel to Mentor him..Bad management in hindsight.

NO problems with the pub work.

Chachi

Bench
NO not if they didn't have the personnel to Mentor him..Bad management in hindsight.

NO problems with the pub work.
They did.

Face it matt, there are certain people in this world who are losers. People who take kilos of drugs into a country which has the death sentence and people who spike drinks for the objective of raping young girls etc. Why do they do these things??

While what he did is not nearly as bad as the above examples the fact is Todd Carney is a loser. End of story.

matt

Juniors
They did.

Face it matt, there are certain people in this world who are losers. People who take kilos of drugs into a country which has the death sentence and people who spike drinks for the objective of raping young girls etc. Why do they do these things??

While what he did is not nearly as bad as the above examples the fact is Todd Carney is a loser. End of story.
Dont compare a wee wee on a matey and a bit of supposed Bonnet surfing to Drug trafficking and rape..

i am off to crush some cans now.

Remember rugby league is a game played on weekends for fun..

have fun.

Chachi

Bench
Dont compare a wee wee on a matey and a bit of supposed Bonnet surfing to Drug trafficking and rape..

i am off to crush some cans now.

Remember rugby league is a game played on weekends for fun..

have fun.
OK, but don't compare malicious damage, DUI, resisting arrest and common assault to a bit of wee wee and bonnet surfing.

In any case I wasn't comparing the two (as I said in my post) I was just wondering out loud why stupid people do stupid and illegal things.

Last edited: