What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castleford-Bradford Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Castleford 12 Bradford 60

Attendance: 6606

Highlights:

Lowlights:
-The match. No one expected us to win, all we wanted to see was a little pride. Only a few displayed pride in the shirt-Godwin and Brad Davis spring to mind. Not many people will agree with me on Davis, but he was giving the players a lot of stick after the match, shouting at them. Because of that, you can see why Davis has been brought in.
(Note to any Halifax fans reading this-it's all swings and roundabouts. Remember, I believe you 'bought' Graham Holroyd from Leeds Rhinos, but then couldn't afford to pay a fee for him. Every club, including Halifax, poaches players from other teams).

Estimated Cas Fans:4000

How were the Cas fans: Possibly the quietest we've been all season. We really don't have anything to cheer about though.

Comedy Moment: Just to show how poor the match was, my comedy moment was when Paul Deacon's conversion almost hit a pigeon on the roof of the Wheldon Road stand. Yes, I know it's not funny and I'll probably get a call from the RSPCA, but I really can't think of any other comedy moments.

In a nutshell: Possibly our biggest match of the season this Friday, and for the first time in years I don't think we have any chance whatsoever. Whats more, I think Leeds can score as many as they want past us.
Also, again I'll post what was said last week, and the week before:

What has happened to our team? It wasn't that long ago that we got to the semi-finals of the Play-offs and Challenge Cup. That year we didn't have many superstars, but they all had one thing-passion. Right now we are stuck with players who don't look bothered. I'd understand if they were poor players but they aren't. Greenhill has played State Of Origin, Pryce equalled the record for try scoring sequence, Michael Smith can do much better, Gibson has shown in the past that he can play well (for example when he was Man of the Match for Wales against NZ, and when he was the only standout performer for Salford in their 74-16 defeat by Castleford).
Right now, I don't blame the fans who don't turn up. Unfortunately, it's us who will suffer.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club

DrewBeliever

Juniors
:clap: spot on mate, and the comedy moment was great!

I'll be at Hedingley to lend a helping hand to cheer your Tigers on tonight, good-Luck!

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
DrewBeliever said:
:clap: spot on mate, and the comedy moment was great!

I'll be at Hedingley to lend a helping hand to cheer your Tigers on tonight, good-Luck!

Thats what I like to hear. Seems a lot of other teams supporters are coming down tonight-Bradford, Halifax, Huddersfield etc.
Should be a good atmosphere.

terracesider

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
You really have to feel sorry for cas, they are better then this, what has happend??

It really seemed to go down hill after their one class player, Orr, went to Wigan. I think part of the problem has been that Steadman recruited an ageing 3/4 line and some of the pack were, shall we say, veterans.

Having said that, they are probably good enough to beat any team that takes them lightly but so many hammerings have left them without a shred of confidence.