What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castleford-Salford Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Castleford 22 Salford 24

Attendance: 5,809

Highlights:
-The usual players stood out-Davis, Mellor, Hudson. Also, I thought Harland did well going forward.
-The referee. I don't normally applaud/criticise referees in my summary, but I thought he controlled the game well and kept it flowing.

Lowlights:
-The try by Salford right on half time. How many times have we conceded a try at this stage of a game. 12-0 up at the break, and I think we could have won the game. As happened, Salford scored and managed to get on a roll.
-The closing minutes, when Davis went off injured. We looked to have little leadership without him.

Estimated Cas Fans: 5000-5200

How were the Cas Fans? Nervous, tried our best to get behind the team. But how many times has the team played towards the Wheldon Road end in the first half, meaning the majority of our supporters move to the Railway End in the second half? It's just my opinion, but the Salford fans who moved at half time were noisy, and lifted the team. In contrast, our supporters at the Railway end in the 2nd half were very quiet.

Comedy Moment: Over to you. I can't think of one.

In a nutshell: We aren't in the last chance saloon. More like we are enjoying a late night lock in with the landlord (taken from the Evening Post :wink: ). We aren't down yet. It's simple, win our last two games, which I'm not sure we can do, and hope Hull do us a favour against Widnes. For the 3rd time this season against Salford, we built up a big lead. For the 3rd time thid season against Salford, we let the lead slip.
Hopefully we (the supporters) will have one more big push. Let's get over to Widnes this Saturday in our numbers and get behind the team. Whatever happens, at least we can say we've given the team our support.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club

Latest posts