What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CENTENARY MEN'S JERSEY piece of sh!t

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I loved the away jersey last night, still has the v and some cool lines. It’s a great design, not as good as the red v but still probably the second best jersey in the comp.

getsmarty

Immortal
anzac.jpg

DRAGONS

Dragons launch 2021 commemorative jersey
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 16 Apr 2021, 03:59 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra have unveiled their 2021 commemorative jersey ahead of the Dragons' traditional Anzac Day clash against the Sydney Roosters.

The Dragons will once again honour Anzac Day with a specifically-designed commemorative jersey which pays tribute to the generations of Australian and New Zealand servicemen and women who have defended our values and freedoms, in wars, conflicts and peace operations for over 100 years.

The Dragons 2021 commemorative jersey showcases a double 'v' which represents the corporal ranking in the Australian and New Zealand Defence Force (Army, Navy and Air Force) which aligns with the club's famous Red V.

Image of soldiers in the field of battle features on the front of the jersey in amongst a camouflage design that embodies the attire worn in military service.

A red poppy sits above the club logo on the heart of the jersey, and also on the lower back of the jersey. The poppy is a symbol of remembrance of those who died in battle or currently serving in the armed forces.

The Australian and New Zealand flag proudly dons the back of the jersey and pays tribute to those ANZACs who served their countries past and present as well as the Anzac spirit.

The iconic 'slouch hat' present on the top back of the jersey represents the Australian diggers courage while the back-of-jersey Ode has been commonly recited at commemorative services in Australia since 1921.

St George Illawarra fans will again be given the opportunity to bid on player-worn commemorative jerseys leading into the NRL's Anzac Round. The auction will commence on Friday, April 23.

anzac-900x900-px12.jpg

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/16/dragons-launch-2021-commemorative-jersey/

Gareth67

First Grade
anzac.jpg

DRAGONS

Dragons launch 2021 commemorative jersey
Author
Timestamp
Fri 16 Apr 2021, 03:59 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra have unveiled their 2021 commemorative jersey ahead of the Dragons' traditional Anzac Day clash against the Sydney Roosters.

The Dragons will once again honour Anzac Day with a specifically-designed commemorative jersey which pays tribute to the generations of Australian and New Zealand servicemen and women who have defended our values and freedoms, in wars, conflicts and peace operations for over 100 years.

The Dragons 2021 commemorative jersey showcases a double 'v' which represents the corporal ranking in the Australian and New Zealand Defence Force (Army, Navy and Air Force) which aligns with the club's famous Red V.

Image of soldiers in the field of battle features on the front of the jersey in amongst a camouflage design that embodies the attire worn in military service.

A red poppy sits above the club logo on the heart of the jersey, and also on the lower back of the jersey. The poppy is a symbol of remembrance of those who died in battle or currently serving in the armed forces.

The Australian and New Zealand flag proudly dons the back of the jersey and pays tribute to those ANZACs who served their countries past and present as well as the Anzac spirit.

The iconic 'slouch hat' present on the top back of the jersey represents the Australian diggers courage while the back-of-jersey Ode has been commonly recited at commemorative services in Australia since 1921.

St George Illawarra fans will again be given the opportunity to bid on player-worn commemorative jerseys leading into the NRL's Anzac Round. The auction will commence on Friday, April 23.

anzac-900x900-px12.jpg

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/16/dragons-launch-2021-commemorative-jersey/

It is certainly a different look I must say , still it is a one - off and also for the remembrance of those hardy diggers that put their country above all else .

getsmarty

Immortal
netstrata-200319_gt_4.jpg

CLUB HISTORY

Legends Walk unveil to kick-start St George District centenary celebrations
Author
Timestamp
Sat 8 May 2021, 01:36 PM
Share on social media
The St George District Rugby League Football Club, in conjunction with the St George Illawarra Dragons, will on Sunday officially unveil four new inductees into the 'Legends Walk' at Kogarah – the first official event of the Centenary celebrations.

The St George District Rugby League Football Club was officially formed at the Kogarah School of Arts on 8 November 1920 and played their first premiership match on St George's Day, 23 April 1921 against Glebe at the Sydney Sports Ground.

"We are very proud of our history and heritage and are excited to get our centenary celebrations underway with the unveiling of four new legends on Sunday," St George District Rugby League Club Chairman and St George Illawarra Dragons director Craig Young said.

"There are currently 18 legends in the walk at Jubilee Oval, the last inductees were Billy Wilson and Robert Stone in 2007 and we thought it appropriate to unveil more legends in the centenary year, in Heritage Round at St George Illawarra's home game at Kogarah on Sunday.

"100 years is a significant milestone, one to be celebrated by all fans of the 'Red V' and we have a range of activities and merchandise to mark the occasion, Sunday is just the start."

St George Illawarra Dragons coach Anthony Griffin said the history of the founding clubs is something of which he and all players are acutely aware.

"Our founding club St George has a proud and successful history that is to be admired and respected," Griffin said.

"I was certainly aware of the history before I joined the club but have certainly taken the time to learn and understand more about it since joining, and I am excited to be the coach of the St George Illawarra while the District celebrates its milestone year.

"The club and people involved certainly do a great job ensuring that all new staff and players are well aware of the history of our founding clubs and how special it is to be a part of St George Illawarra. We certainly respect those who have come before us."

Key centenary celebrations
Sunday, May 9, 2021
St George District centenary 'Legends Walk' unveil
Venue: In the grounds of Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

This unique memorial recognises personal contributions to the success of rugby league and the Dragons since 1921 and was officially opened on March 6, 2004 by immortal Norm Provan and currently has 18 inductees.

Friday, June 25, 2021
Spirit of Red V museum opening
Venue: St.George Leagues Club

To mark the 100-year milestone, St George District Rugby League Football Club has constructed a museum to showcase and reflect the rich history and evolution of the Dragons.

The 'Spirit of the Red V' museum has been created under the curatorial direction of former SCG Museum curator Anthony O’Carroll and will initially showcase over 150 pieces of unique memorabilia from a fully catalogued collection of nearly 1000 pieces, many of which have never been on display before.

July 2021 – date TBC
St George District centenary book launch
Venue: The Spirit of the Red V museum, St George Leagues Club

The St George District centenary book written by Geoff Armstrong will celebrate the Dragons' first 100 years, recalling the club's most famous performances, the premierships, intriguing insights and never before talked about deeds of some of the finest footballers, coaches and administrators to have graced the greatest game of all.

Thursday, August 19 2021
St George District's Team of the Century dinner
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground

The highlight of the centenary celebration, a black-tie occasion to announce St George District's Team of the Century.

September 2021 – date TBC
St George District centenary players reunion

Players who have worn the famous Red V will come together in this milestone year to share their individual journeys and commemorate this significant occasion.

St George District centenary merchandise range
The St George District Rugby League Football Club, in partnership with Classic Sportswear, have developed an exclusive and commemorative merchandise range in celebration of the centenary year.

The range features men's and women's apparel including dress jackets, polos and hoodies, men's long and short sleeve jerseys and commemorative football, keyring, scarf and water bottle.

The St George District centenary merchandise range is available at all St George Illawarra merchandise outlets on match day, the Dragons team store and online at steorgedragons.com.au/shop

For further information about the history of the Dragons, visit the newly created purpose-built St George District RLFC website: www.stgeorgedragons.com.au.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...rt-st-george-district-centenary-celebrations/

getsmarty

Immortal
hornby-amp-son-10100316-i.jpg

DRAGONS

Premiership heroes inducted into Dragons' Legends Walk
Author
Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Sun 9 May 2021, 12:18 PM
walterbrad-head.png

Share on social media
St George Illawarra’s 2010 premiership-winning captain Ben Hornby and grand final teammates Ben Creagh and Jason Nightingale have been inducted into the Dragons “Legends Walk” at Kogarah, along with members of the club’s inaugural team of 1921.

Hornby, Creagh and Nightingale were chosen to join the 18 legends already inducted and the 1921 St George team in the walk outside Netstrata Jubilee Stadium as part of the club’s centenary celebrations at Sunday's match against Canterbury.

“This is a huge honour and something of which I am very proud,” Hornby said. “It’s a great achievement and a great acknowledgement for all of us here today off the back of all the effort and sacrifices we made as individuals, and as clubman.

“I was lucky enough to win a premiership, but this today is right up there as the best individual accolade I have received as a player.

“This club means the world to me and to be here today in the same area with Immortals of the game, other premiership winners and great Dragons men, is quite humbling.”

Hornby captained the premiership-winning 2010 side and also made three appearances for NSW and one for Australia during his 12-year first-grade career after coming through the junior grades in Illawarra.

remote.axd

Looking back at the 2010 Grand Final

Looking back at the 2010 Grand Final

He surpassed the great Norm Provan’s record of most first-grade games for the club in 2012 and finished his career having played a club record, 273 games.

The Legends Walk was officially opened on March 6, 2004 by Immortal Norm Provan and was established to recognise significant achievements and personal contributions to the success of the St George District Rugby League Football Club and St George Illawarra Dragons since 1921.

Creagh, a 270-game veteran, started his career as a winger for the Dragons in 2003, playing through until 2016 where he finished his career as a second rower. A Premiership player in 2010, World Club Challenge winner in 2011 and Club Captain from 2013-2015, Creagh also made 11 appearances for NSW and two for Australia during his career.

“It’s truly an honour and very humbling to be inducted into what is a very talented group,” Creagh said. “To be inducted today alongside two of my great mates also makes it that little bit extra special.

“To have my name etched in history at what is one of the most iconic grounds in Sydney is great, it is a really special place and I have many great memories here.

“The achievements of all the men in this group are incredible and I can’t express in words how proud I am to have been inducted.”

remote.axd

Dragons v Bulldogs - Round 9

Dragons v Bulldogs - Round 9

Nightingale started his rugby league journey with Renown United in the St George competition and after making his NRL debut in 2007, went on to play 266 games, placing him third in line behind Hornby and Creagh in terms of club appearances.

A winger with speed to burn and an uncanny knack of finding his way to the try line, Nightingale represented New Zealand on 33 occasions and is one of only four players to have scored more than 100 tries for the St George Illawarra Dragons.

“It’s an extremely proud moment for me and my family,” Nightingale said. “As a local junior and someone who came up through the grades here at St George, it’s very humbling and I’m truly grateful.

“To be recognised in this way at a venue that I hold so close to my heart, is something that I’ll reflect on in a positive way for the rest of my life.

“The Legends Walk is an impressive set-up and to be here alongside a host of stars and legends of the club is something of which I am truly proud.”

St George District Rugby League Chairman, Craig Young, and one of the original Legends Walk inductees, paid tribute to Hornby, Creagh, Nightingale and the 1921 team.

remote.axd

Craig Young - Hall of Fame

Craig Young - Hall of Fame

“The 1921 team fought for so long to gain entry into the NSWRL Premiership and as a player and administrator, I really have the people involved in that team to thank for giving me the opportunity to be able to represent this great club,” Young said.

“The other three men speak for themselves and thoroughly deserve this honour. They epitomise everything this club is about and were all part of the 2010 Premiership winning side.”

They join Brian Clay, Mark Coyne, Reg Gasnier, Ken Kearney, Johnny King, Graeme Langlands, Eddie Lumsden, Matt McCoy, Noel Pidding, Norm Provan, John Raper, Rod Reddy, Kevin Ryan, Billy Smith, Robert Stone, Ian Walsh, Billy Wilson and Craig Young as members of the Legends Walk.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/05/09/premiership-heroes-inducted-into-dragons-legends-walk/

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
These black shorts & socks must have Jimmy g kicking the trolleys he’s pushing..

Dracarys

Juniors
I was underwhelmed by the jersey alone but was quite impressed with combination of black shorts and socks. I can't recall the last time Dragons wore black shorts and have to go back to the early sixties when they played Great Britain.

Dracarys

Juniors
I was underwhelmed by the jersey alone but was quite impressed with combination of black shorts and socks. I can't recall the last time Dragons wore black shorts and have to go back to the early sixties when they played Great Britain.

RedVee

First Grade
Wore black shorts in the early 70s when away to a team that also wore white shorts. 73 maybe, around then.

Latest posts