What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears Preview

Big-Steve

Juniors
http://www.redandblackzone.com/A20040629 - Central Coast Bears Preview.html
-----------------------------------------------------------
By BIG-STEVE
BIG STEVE'S RED AND BLACK SITE - 29/6/2004

Ever wondered what it would be like to actually see the red and black Bears play out of Gosford Stadium?

Well you'll get your change this Saturday afternoon 3rd July when The North Sydney Bears play the Roosters at Gosford Stadium.

Box office is open at 1:45 pm. Gates open at 2:00pm. The Jersey Flegg against the Roosters will begin at 2:15pm while the Premier League match will be at 3:50pm. These games will precede a Jim Beam cup match and the Roosters V Nth Queensland match.

But the attraction is not just the Bears and red and black. There will also be a number of Central Coast players in the North Sydney Sides on show including Matt Thurston (Ourimbah Magpies), Nathan Ferguson (Wyong Roos), Josh Lewis (Kincumber) and Nathan Ward (The Entrance).

Weather you are a North Sydney fan or a Central Coast fan there's someone on show for you at Gosford Stadium this Saturday.

So if your are a Bears supporter or ever were a Bears supporter or are considering being a Bears supporter get to Gosford Stadium on Saturday at 2:00pm and see a preview of things to come.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I%20-%20Bears%20ver%20Easts%20Gos%20june.jpg

Dragons_#1

Bench
mate gary larson the coach... all we need is florimo to come back and help him out.
that would be awesome.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Actually guys Flo is currently the General Manager of the North Sydney Football Club.

The Jersey Flegg are in 8th spot and came within 1 try + a field gold of beating the Roosters a few weeks ago at Bear Park.

Sema Mataora And His Flash Fends
http://www.redandblackzone.com/A20040602 - Sema Mataora And His Flash Fends.html

The Flegg boys have a very flashy and enertaining style of play and Josh Lewis is a big part of that.

I'm a little concerned about the crowd myself about the fact that Fittler is not playing and the whole idea was for the Coast to say good bye to him. Maybe they will turn up anyway as apparently he is making an appearence just not on the field.

As for the Bears the CC may be just like the rest of the RL community these days not interested in the lower grades don't know.

Dragons_#1

Bench
mate they have been having games there all season i dno how many ppl go but at least there is a stadium already built with no repairs needed, and the NRL realises it by transfering matches up there.

brooksy19

Bench
Go Tank! (Nathan Ward)...What a tackler..He used to run off me back in the junior days at the entrance :mrgreen:

Grantwhy

Juniors
Big-Steve said:
I'm a little concerned about the crowd myself about the fact that Fittler is not playing and the whole idea was for the Coast to say good bye to him. Maybe they will turn up anyway as apparently he is making an appearence just not on the field.

Hehe - I thought the whole idea was for the Roosters to take the game away from what is usually a very poor crowd (9,123 in 2003, 7,318 in 2002 and 6,432 in 2001) where the Club would probably lose money on the day and play the game at Gosford where they probably will be paid to play there (I think? The only reason teams seem to be moving their home games IS because it's cheaper/earns better takings for that Club).

The 'goodbye to Fittler' would just of been a marketing ploy to get a bigger crowd.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The Bears havent played there this year, so it'll be interesting. Im expected over 10,000 to turn up. Roosters will get more than they wouldve got for a Roosters/Cowboys game at Aussie.

I might as well go there, I mean Parramatta's playing across the Tasman, nothing to do, Cowboys are a chance of winning this game.

Im supporting the Cowboys for this one.

keeney

First Grade
they did a piece on flo in big league a few weeks back, isnt he GM of the club?

doctor death

Juniors
July 25 is the date when the NRL committe decides (1) if they expand to 16 teams and (2) which team gets the nod.

Here come the Central Coast Bears!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah well he was helping out with the SG Ball side earlier in the year because a couple of my mates played in the side.

Latest posts