What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I dont think bids will be called for before June/July now anyway. The latest WA reds newsletter is suggesting so. They won't do anything till the IC is in place and negotiated the TV deal, can't see that happening within 6 months.

bobmar28

Bench
So the Central Coast Bears whom have a stadium, offices, memberships, sponsors, merchandise, community involvement and backing, political backing and corporate backing... and now been approved to build their multi-million dollar HQ and Mount Penang which will include a state of the art training facilities and sports center... should have to WAIT. No they shouldn't come in at all just to accommodate for another bid which the city it intends to represent is submerged and before it flooded didn't have any of the above anyways?

You're a loose cannon mate. I know you hate NSW and I know you fail to understand how important corporate support is to achieve (which the CCBEARS have) for a bid. But the above comment of yours is ridiculous.

The Central Coast Bears were ready before the Ipswich Jets NRL bid. Are ready now with the Jets bid scrambling and will be ready in the future when the Jets still struggle to gather corporate support. You keep saying how the NRL is a business... well it's not very business like to knock back something so secure for something which might not eventuate at all.

Don't say I hate NSW just because I don't like the idea of adding an 11th NSW team. I would like fewer Sydney teams so I could go and watch games in full stadiums and I could see the NRL expand into a truly national competition and consign the AFL to the dustbowl of history.

bobmar28

Bench
adam

If it suits your bias and argument then it can be.

Brisbane to Skilled Stadium Robina 81.5km.

Sydney to Bluetongue Stadium 75.3km.

Ipswich to Suncorp Stadium 37.4km

Bobmar,
Is Ipswich considered by you as a part of Brisbane ?

Near enough. Similar to Campbelltown being part of Sydney.

Some CCBEARS news before I return to clean my house
---
Mortgage man backs Central Coast Bears with $10 million

IT is shaping up as the year of the Central Coast Bears thanks to a $10 million backer. Confident that the planets in the NRL universe is aligning in the Bears’ favour Mortgage House of Australia chief executive officer Ken Sayer has pulled out his chequebook and pledged to underwrite the team for $10 million to get their bid across the line in 2013.

Mr Sayer said he wholly supported what the Bears were hoping to achieve and believed there was a high degree of certainty in the league saying yes to the bid.
While NRL chief David Gallop remains non-committal about the team’s chance of success, coach-in-waiting David Fairleigh talks of the positive vibe around the project: a statement which is backed up by a huge swell in member numbers.

At last count membership topped 4900 and Facebook followers exceeded 23,000
Mr Sayer is so committed to the sponsorship he is looking to establish a Mortgage House office and customer contact point on the Central Coast and purchase property for a holiday house for his family.

Mr Sayer also sits on the board of the Central Coast Bears.

http://express-advocate-gosford.whe...an-backs-central-coast-bears-with-10-million/

Libs back Central Coast Bears NRL bid

d683b10d1d03ede6a87b8dd6a8acca21_resized.jpg

THE Central Coast Bears bid for a place in the 2013 NRL competition got another boost this week when NSW Opposition Leader Barry O’Farrell promised to secure a headquarters and training ground at Mount Penang.

It is contingent on the Liberals winning the March State Election.

Mr O’Farrell and Terrigal State Liberal MP Chris Hartcher flanked by Central Coast Liberal candidates Chris Spence (The Entrance), Darren Webber (Wyong) and Chris Holstein (Gosford) met with Bears representatives at the site on Tuesday morning.

Under the proposal the site, owned by the State Government, would be earmarked as a special sporting precinct to be developed with administrative and training facilities if the Bears consortium was successful in securing an NRL franchise licence.

“This is about demonstrating our support for the bid,” Mr O’Farrell said.
“We have been talking for some time and understand the value of the NRL to the state and to the Central Coast.

“The Central Coast Liberal team has made a good case.”
Bears chief executive officer Greg Florimo said securing a headquarters and training ground meant their bid was much stronger.

“It’s a comprehensive bid and this just ticked the last box,” he said. “We have strong community support and sponsors in place.”
The consortium will lodge its completed bid in March and will know by July if it’s been successful.

“With a kick-off in 2013, that will give us just enough time,” Florimo said.

http://express-advocate-wyong.whereilive.com.au/news/story/libs-back-central-coast-bears-nrl-bid/

The next Central Coast Bears membership drive

MCDONALD'S LAKE HAVEN MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
DATE: Saturday 15th January
TIME: From 9:30am

NIPPERS CARNIVAL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
DATE: Sunday 16th January
TIME: From 10am

Von

Juniors
Campbeltown is actually in Sydney. Central Coast is not.

That's debateable adam. Campbelltown & Penrith are fringe parts of Sydney. Whilst we may talk of them as "Sydney", they are right on the outskirts, so much so, they have their own telephone area codes.

But agree Central Coast is defiantly not Sydney. The CC is a regional area.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Don't say I hate NSW just because I don't like the idea of adding an 11th NSW team. I would like fewer Sydney teams so I could go and watch games in full stadiums and I could see the NRL expand into a truly national competition and consign the AFL to the dustbowl of history.

Mate, you are so far out of touch you have no idea. The number of Sydney teams (the biggest City in Australia) is a strength not a weakness. Sure - it's not perfect and there are many things than can be improved upon, but it's a helluva lot better than axing teams.

Less teams will not equal bigger crowds because people follow their club first and foremost. Have Manly's crowds risen dramatically since they kicked out Norths?

Bluebags1908

Juniors
That's debateable adam. Campbelltown & Penrith are fringe parts of Sydney. Whilst we may talk of them as "Sydney", they are right on the outskirts, so much so, they have their own telephone area codes.

But agree Central Coast is defiantly not Sydney. The CC is a regional area.

If you buy a Sydney Street directory, Campbelltown and Penrith are in it. Gosford is not.

BDGS

Bench
Near enough. Similar to Campbelltown being part of Sydney.

Ipswich is not Brisbane.

Penrith has the same telephone code as Sydney CBD.

Von

Juniors
The number of Sydney teams (the biggest City in Australia) is a strength not a weakness. Sure - it's not perfect and there are many things than can be improved upon, but it's a helluva lot better than axing teams.
Agree with this.

Whilst we may have 1 or 2 too many Sydney teams, one of the strengths of the NRL is the inter-Sydney rivalry between clubs and fans, just as it is in Melbourne for the AFL.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
That's debateable adam.
Campbelltown & Penrith are fringe parts of Sydney. Whilst we may talk of them as "Sydney", they are right on the outskirts, so much so, they have their own telephone area codes.

But agree, Central Coast is defiantly not Sydney. The CC is a regional area.

Where did you pull that from?

Knightmare

Coach
I think people like bobmar28 have the right idea, but aren't thinking big enough.

Not only are there too many NSW teams, but Qld has too many compared to the rest of Australia, they have THREE already!

There is a billabong about 50km north of Ayers Rock which has a tribal Aboriginal population who would LOVE their own NRL team. I asked the tribespeople (all 57 of them) for a name and they came up with 'Northern Territory Numbats'. Think of it- we could be the first code in Australia to have a team in Uluru! We could boast to the AFL that "Oh yeah- well we have a team in the NORTHERN TERRITORY! You still have 10 Victorian teams so nyaaaa!' and then blow rasperries at them for their codes' lack of foresight when it comes to expansion. That Aboriginal tribe LOVES their footy, and if (when) the Numbats come in, all 57 of them will go to every NRL match at the 1,000 seat stadium, planned to be erected in the shadow of Uluru.

Hobart also needs a team. The AFL don't have a team in Tasmania, and neither does the NRL. Qld has THREE already, so they shouldn't take priority over Tasmania which has NONE. With the NT Numbats and the Hobart Hawks coming in, we can show fans of other codes a map of Australia with dots in all the cool places and say "Look at all the places in Australia that have NRL teams- this proves that we are truly the NATIONAL code!" And because our game has teams in so many places, they will want to follow it too!

And to think people on here are daft enough to want a FOURTH team in Qld and/ or an ELEVENTH team in NSW :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Penrith has the same telephone code as Sydney CBD.
Where did you pull that from?
I think you both know what he means. While all of NSW has (02), Sydney has phone numbers starting with 8xxx xxxx and 9xxx xxxx across the metro area. Penrith's numbers are part of Blue Mt's exchanges and all start with 47xx xxxx, in much the same the Central Coast has 43xx xxxx and Newcastle 49xx xxxx and Wollongong/South Coast 42xx xxxx.

That's where he pulled it from, semantics won't win you that argument.

Timmah

Staff member
I think people like bobmar28 have the right idea, but aren't thinking big enough.

Not only are there too many NSW teams, but Qld has too many compared to the rest of Australia, they have THREE already!

There is a billabong about 50km north of Ayers Rock which has a tribal Aboriginal population who would LOVE their own NRL team. I asked the tribespeople (all 57 of them) for a name and they came up with 'Northern Territory Numbats'. Think of it- we could be the first code in Australia to have a team in Uluru! We could boast to the AFL that "Oh yeah- well we have a team in the NORTHERN TERRITORY! You still have 10 Victorian teams so nyaaaa!' and then blow rasperries at them for their codes' lack of foresight when it comes to expansion. That Aboriginal tribe LOVES their footy, and if (when) the Numbats come in, all 57 of them will go to every NRL match at the 1,000 seat stadium, planned to be erected in the shadow of Uluru.

Hobart also needs a team. The AFL don't have a team in Tasmania, and neither does the NRL. Qld has THREE already, so they shouldn't take priority over Tasmania which has NONE. With the NT Numbats and the Hobart Hawks coming in, we can show fans of other codes a map of Australia with dots in all the cool places and say "Look at all the places in Australia that have NRL teams- this proves that we are truly the NATIONAL code!" And because our game has teams in so many places, they will want to follow it too!

And to think people on here are daft enough to want a FOURTH team in Qld and/ or an ELEVENTH team in NSW :lol:

:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

:lol:
Yes but have they worked hard? That is the only requirement you need to get a gig in the NRL apparently.

Timmah

Staff member
Sounds to me like you think the sentence "we're in Queensland and we want a team at Ipswich" scrawled on a serviette should be the criteria for entry?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sounds to me like you think the sentence "we're in Queensland and we want a team at Ipswich" scrawled on a serviette should be the criteria for entry?
No. The criteria should be based on what is best for the NRL encompassing a number of issues related to financial and community considerations. The arguments put forward to support this should be rational and devoid of emotive language, heresay and bias.

As I have said before I am not opposed to a CC bears bid or team. I do however believe that another Queensland side based in Brisbane should be considered before the bears. An opinion I am more than entitled to argue and express. Whether expansion anywhere occurs is not up to me, just like it is not up to any other poster on this thread, regardless of the misguided passion of their posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.