What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ch7 coverage

Channel 7 say they will be broadcasting on their standard channel as well as their HD channel, but will it be the same broadcast or will we have the ability to swap between different sports on different services ?

How good would it be if 7 broadcast the olympics on all 4 services so you get to choose which sports you want to watch ?

Samwise

Bench
same telecast as far as i'm aware. Just in HD.
SBS will be the alternative for different sports.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought they had 3 subscription channels last time, I seem to recall paying extra for 3 channels

Prime here on digital have 4 channels, why wouldn't they use those for extra sports?
I asume 7 in the captial cities have this many channels?

GongPanther

Referee
Channel Seven and SBS are the sole joint partners for the 2008 Olympics.

There will be no Pay TV coverage of the 2008 Olympics.

Channel Nine and Foxtel/Austar won the rights to broadcast the 2012 London Olympics.

http://www.sbs.com.au/article/108100/beijing-2008-olympics-coverage-on-sbs

SBS will broadcast over 220 hours of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games from Saturday 9 August to Sunday 24 August, as the Complementary Olympic Broadcaster.
Coverage will commence daily at 11am (AEST) on SBS during the 16-day event.
SBS will cover Cycling Road Races, Football, Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Handball, Basketball, Badminton, Water Polo, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Boxing, Hockey and Baseball.
And the best part is that SBS will stay with each event from start to finish, with expert analysis from SBS's team of presenters including Les Murray, David Basheer, Craig Foster and Michael Tomalaris.
"SBS will feature a diverse range of high quality events from the Beijing Olympics including our signature sports, Football and Cycling," said SBS Head of Sport, Ken Shipp.
"Over 15 hours of Olympic action will be broadcast on SBS daily, with approximately 75 percent of the action shown LIVE, showcasing great sporting events in their full form and presented by the talented and expert SBS Sports team," he said.
Catch breaking Olynmpic news from China, latest results and current medal tally, video blogs and photo galleries on the World News Australia as well as the full television broadcast schedule on www.sbs.com.au. Olympics.

Channel Seven and SBS are the sole joint partners for the 2008 Olympics.

There will be no Pay TV coverage of the 2008 Olympics.

Channel Nine and Foxtel/Austar won the rights to broadcast the 2012 London Olympics.

http://www.sbs.com.au/article/108100/beijing-2008-olympics-coverage-on-sbs

SBS will broadcast over 220 hours of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games from Saturday 9 August to Sunday 24 August, as the Complementary Olympic Broadcaster.
Coverage will commence daily at 11am (AEST) on SBS during the 16-day event.

SBS will cover Cycling Road Races, Football, Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Handball, Basketball, Badminton, Water Polo, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Boxing, Hockey and Baseball.
And the best part is that SBS will stay with each event from start to finish, with expert analysis from SBS's team of presenters including Les Murray, David Basheer, Craig Foster and Michael Tomalaris.
"SBS will feature a diverse range of high quality events from the Beijing Olympics including our signature sports, Football and Cycling," said SBS Head of Sport, Ken Shipp.
"Over 15 hours of Olympic action will be broadcast on SBS daily, with approximately 75 percent of the action shown LIVE, showcasing great sporting events in their full form and presented by the talented and expert SBS Sports team," he said.
Catch breaking Olynmpic news from China, latest results and current medal tally, video blogs and photo galleries on the World News Australia as well as the full television broadcast schedule on www.sbs.com.au. Olympics.

well thats just not good enough from sbs or channel 7

foxtel had a lot of channels dedicated to the olympics while sbs,7 only have 2 :roll:

Goey Man

Juniors

Please tell me this is not true. Unless we can get the plane to have a "stopover" in Singapore so Phillip "Beesting Head" Gould can have his "Bodyboard Bag" "searched";-);-). Otherwise I'm getting Foxtel connected before 2012.

Timbo

Staff member
The Sydney Olympics had the best coverage as far as I'm concerned, with Ch. 7 and C7 Sports running three channels 24 hours a day.

I only remember there being 7 and SBS at Athens, I thought the Foxtel package was at the last Commonwealth games?

will any of the coverage be in HD ?

Channel 7 are running the same coverage of the HD channel as the SD channel. It remains to be seen how much of the coverage is in Native HD though.

Considering NBC's involvment i would have thought most of the major sports would be shot in HD. Just depends if 7 show it or not.

Channel 7 are running the same coverage of the HD channel as the SD channel. It remains to be seen how much of the coverage is in Native HD though.

Considering NBC's involvment i would have thought most of the major sports would be shot in HD. Just depends if 7 show it or not.
I just got a HD box on the weekend and so far it seems nothing on Prime HD is in HD just the same as the other 4 SD channels. NBN HD has nearly ever everything including the NRL in HD. How good was it watching my 1st game in HD yesterday! Some much better than SD, anyone who tells you HD isn't much different to SD has no idea.

Raging Rabbit

juniors
IMHO, Channel 7's coverage has got off to a poor start.

The most frustrating thing for me is finding what time something is on.

Mr Saab

Referee
Forget all that. They have a morning show with Andrew Daddo, Rebecca Wilson and Sonia Kruger. They showed vision of the womens 48kg weight lifting class.
Sonia asks "Is the 48 kg weight lifting division the amount of weight they can lift"
I mean for f**ks sake what is she doing on the show????????????? She knows NOTHING about sport.
Then they took pot shots at league by showing footage of the Geelong Melbourne game and the lack of people who turned up.
Rebecca, the media whore says "That looks like a Bulldogs crowd"
Andrew said "That looks like the crowds league get all the time"
Channel seven...get f*cked.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Seriously with the Omlympics on you think they would let 10 take their Sunday arvo AFL game off them... but no apparently the AFL coverage will be intertwined with Olympics coverage... honestly im not fussed on ither but if your broadcasting the Olympics stick to it!

they must be short of hosts
A Daddo
Rebecca Wilson
Soniia Kruger are all hosting a show now

Why would you not pay some ex-athletes to commentate and add some expert advice...honestly; what credibility have the above got with respect to adding a level of expertise ??.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Why would you not pay some ex-athletes to commentate and add some expert advice...honestly; what credibility have the above got with respect to adding a level of expertise ??.
I agree
really scraping the bottom of the Barrel with Wilson, I suppose we are lucky that Weedler is on 9

Seriously with the Omlympics on you think they would let 10 take their Sunday arvo AFL game off them... but no apparently the AFL coverage will be intertwined with Olympics coverage... honestly im not fussed on ither but if your broadcasting the Olympics stick to it!

agreed i would rather watch aus vs japan in the badmittion than afl

screw channel 7