What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ch7 coverage

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Ray Warren is one of the best commentators in Australia, if not the world.

Maybe in 1998 , not now bro, Ray is even forgetting footy players names,,,, he is a bit like Murray Walker, we really want the guy to go on forever but deep down we know he is past it...

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Well the Olympics is over and I loved watching the replays on my Panasonic Viera Plasma, and I really cant wait to see entertainers such as luke Jacobz take part in dancing with the stars and seeing world class acting performances from Erik Thompson in the classic australian comedy packed to the rafters. I liked seeing snippets of Usain Bolt but he pales into comparasin to the performance of the holden sportswagon, and what a great pleasure it was to see approximately 19 min of field events throughout the entire games and to you Steve Hooker, I say, its gotta be red, red rooster that is... And more importantly I would really love to thank the people that make the olympics possible, our broadcast partners, Coles , Ford , Harvey Norman, Bonds. I really look forward to Sevens new program Find my family on tuesday at 8pm, I just really wish they could of found my olympics....

Timbo

Staff member
Oh my god they're even f**king ruining the closing ceremony!

STOP GOING TO ADS YOU BASTARDS!

Timbo

Staff member
Oh my god...Rebecca Wilson is now commentating on the closing ceremony.

Just shoot me.

Timbo

Staff member
Now they're talking over Jimmy Page, telling us how good his guitar is. Be nice if we could f**king hear it over Wilson's squawking.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
No Australians are performing in this act, lets cut to an ad......... If something interesting happens we can always replay it 2 hours later....

Caged Panther

First Grade
my god they keep talking about the symbolic nature of what's going on in the ceremony.

The great thing about symbols is they speak for themselves so commentators can shut the he'll up.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah exactly.

This is a VISUAL display. The commentators are totally unnecessary. All they're doing is drowning out the music.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It is clear to anyone with only a tiny brain that she has the personality required to be successful on TV

I never agreed with you. 7 signed her because she is talented. If they didn't then another network would have signed her up.

A lot of TV personalities are paid big money. Rice has shown that she has that factor that is needed in a TV personality. Other ones that have tried like Ian Thorpe don't have it. Thorpe was terrible in all of his TV work. Rice won't be - the shows she is given might be, but she herself won't be.

so how is she going?

why aren't they using this talent that you said she had?

Gee your gullible El.

They didn't sign Rice for 2 years to stop 9 having her on a one hour program. They paid the others the small sums of money for exclusive interviews because of that.

well she's done nothing for 7 so far except not appear on any other network

El Diablo

Post Whore
A lot of TV personalities are paid big money. Rice has shown that she has that factor that is needed in a TV personality. Other ones that have tried like Ian Thorpe don't have it. Thorpe was terrible in all of his TV work. Rice won't be - the shows she is given might be, but she herself won't be.

lol

as if you'd have any idea

It's not difficult El. It's pretty easy to judge on whether someone will be talented in TV land or not.

You being a judge of anything is a worrying proposition.

f**k off

you have no idea about anything so you're opinion doesn't matter

Rice got a lot because 7 didn't want 9 to get her. simple as that

EXACTLY

They didn't want 9 to get her because she is talented.

That's why they needed to offer her a lot.

Don't you read? I said that she has the talent to be a TV personality. If she didn't then 9 wouldn't have wanted her, so 7 wouldn't of had to offer as much

And El you're making an absolute fool of yourself by saying that she doesn't have the skills to do TV work. In a couple of years time you'll see. And you won't say "I was wrong", you never do no matter what.

and here is the reason why 7 signed Rice

http://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing_olympics/story/0,27313,24226588-5016791,00.html

nothing to do with sh*t Razor says. 7 just didn't want her on 9. they didn't want any on 9 and the only way they could stop it was with cheque book

Kerry Stokes sounds like a grub. i wouldn't feed him

Gee your gullible El.

They didn't sign Rice for 2 years to stop 9 having her on a one hour program. They paid the others the small sums of money for exclusive interviews because of that.

i'm gullible lol

just wait and see how often you see her on 7 the next 2 years

It's well known that she's signed for 2 years.

Same as Hackett.

He's currently been signed to 7 for 3 years now.

probably why she only signed for 2 years

take the money and run

7 just throw money at anyone so they don't appear on 9. they're scum and have ruined th Olympics

i thnk you should make a boycott 7 banner. they deserve to be boycotted for butchering the Olympics

so how is this talent going Razor?

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/09/stephanie-rice-apologises-for-offensive-tweet.html

Rice was signed by Seven following the Beijing Olympics for a reported $700,000, but so far her on-air appearances have included a 90 second appearance in Make Me a Supermodel, plus a guest appearance on Better Homes and Gardens.

:lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
And El you're making an absolute fool of yourself by saying that she doesn't have the skills to do TV work. In a couple of years time you'll see. And you won't say "I was wrong", you never do no matter what.

i was right