What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ch9 GF Coverage

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good to see the pre and post match covered with the game live. Annoyed that they showed the AFL footy show. It only drew 30K viewers so they could and should have put the NRL one on given RL fans would have been tuning in on the games biggest day.

Audience was 87K for Perth which is ok, I was at the Greenwood where there would have been close to 150 people, imagine there was a fair few thousand in pubs and clubs around Perth as well.

Hopefully Ch9 will go back to showing the Sunday game at 2pm next season. the Red Army will be kicking off a campaign in February to try and convince them! Watch this space for how you can help....

jargan83

Coach
I got dragged to the Royal Show yesterday by my family, watched the GF at one of the bars at the Show with about 100 other people

Apparently Channel 9 cut the presentations for a repeat of A Farmer wants a Wife though

Nuke

Staff member
They did. It was dead-set disgraceful to cut the post-game presentations before the winning team could be presented their Premiership trophy and rings. And what for? A repeat of Farmer Wants A Wife, followed by Antiques Roadshow.

Yep, West Australians would have kicked up a stink had those two shows not been shown at their regular times for one Sunday in a year.

I was at the Joondalup Giants new clubrooms at Arena Joondalup watching the game with about 60 other people. I think we -as a club- need to invest in Imparja for such occasions as this in the future!!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep stiffed us again!

In early 2012 we are going to start up a campaign to try and convince Ch9 to show at least the Sunday game at a decent time. It's time to mobilise the Red Army!

Perth Red

Post Whore
LOL, Ch9 WWOS Facebook page response to me posting this:

‎87,000 watched the NRL Grandfinal in Perth yesterday, come on Ch9 tell us again how there is no audience for RL in this city!

We think its a terrific result and we don't say that there is no audience but given the Grand Final attracted over 2 million viewers Australia-wide (roughly 3 times larger than a regular Friday night game) the Perth figures are at least 3x inflated. Expanding our broadcast in coming years to WA is a key goal and the 87,000 who tuned in for this year's final is no doubt going to help in realising that goal.

Nuke

Staff member
Let's see how they plan to expand their RL broadcast in WA in the coming years when the rights go to another station.