What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chad - Broken thumb

Chimp

Bench
Reports that Chad has broken his thumb at training. Gives us a chance to see what we look like without him, unless he’s fixed in 2 weeks.

If Moylan is fit, presumably we’ll go with Johnson and Moylan in tha halves - that could be ‘interesting’.

Would be good to see what Tracey has got.

Old Chaddy doesn’t pick up many injuries, so this is the only time we’ll get to see if we are actually better without him in the team.

The Sharks have reignited contact work but it’s come at a cost with premiership-winning halfback Chad Townsend dislocating his left thumb.

Then star back Josh Dugan reported a sore throat on Tuesday and had to undergo a COVID-19 test as part of the new NRL protocols. Dugan’s test was negative but he has been forced indoors for 48 hours as further precaution.

The greater concern is Townsend’s left thumb healing fast enough so he can once again take control of the Sharks attack when football resumes on May 28.

"I dislocated my thumb on Monday. When I got it X-rayed there was a very small fracture in it so I’ve got to look after it for the next week and a bit," he said.

"I was able to do some catching and passing today with a little bit of pain but nothing too serious. Hopefully it continues to get better and I’ll be ready to go for round three."

It all happened so innocently, Townsend added.

"It came out of nothing. I got it caught up in a shirt on one of the boys, literally the first day back doing contact in one of the first drills. I popped it back in myself actually so it’s just got a bit of swelling there."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/casualty-ward-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news/

sandshark

Bench
Doogs will do anything to get out of training haha.
No but seriously I doubt Chad will miss any games.

carinashark

First Grade
Moylan is no game manager. Tracy is the logical choice. Or is the coach under pressure to put Moylan then again we need to win. Geez I’m glad I’m not coaching.

taipan

Referee
This will test our depth ,and we certainly need it, two losses in a row, gotta get movin.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Soon as training as back Dugan has issue does it end.

CT if has broken thumb do not rush him back, let Tracey start at half.

It opens up the bench spot then Trindall or do i say it Moylan.

Moylan is on a absolute motza but he could be a great player to bring on after 25 minutes

Latest posts