What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chad

Not sure how genuine you are there , but it IS. Rugby league may well be the simple game some claim, Or maybe there's some more subtle and complex nuances to keep us all interested and Arguing . I mean just for starters, Imagine a game where smaller guys get bumped off easily trying to tackle big behemoths, but as game goes on the little guys can make them look like clumsey sloths. Combination of Skill Strength Speed ,Tactics , Human nature, We got rid of a player cause his strengths were not what our team needed and he couldnt adapt. He goes to a different team and is just what they need. If the Game was all that simple we would have nothing to talk about.
changing environments is the biggest adaptation.
Chad does exactly what he is asked to do.
Nothing fancy, run the game plan and provide a structure for others to excel.
Exactly what he is doing now and he does it well.
better than most actually.
You'll see what you want to see.

Quicksilver

Bench
The point of the post and use of stats was to show that the Cowboys success this season has little to do with Chad. It's really funny you bring up the 2016 season, when his biggest contributions to that Grand Final team was being pushed out of the way for the opening try, and getting tackled high. He was not directing that team around the field - that was Ennis and Maloney.

The bloke seems to get lucky a lot. And you know what they say about luck...

The point of the post and use of stats was to show that the Cowboys success this season has little to do with Chad. It's really funny you bring up the 2016 season, when his biggest contributions to that Grand Final team was being pushed out of the way for the opening try, and getting tackled high. He was not directing that team around the field - that was Ennis and Maloney.

I have a nightmare ,where cowboys are in the grandfinal,2 points behind minute to go. They get a scrum and feed metre out. ,Chad barks some quick instructions to their lock and fullback. Just as he's about to get ball from scrum Lock pushes him aside, Grabs the ball and gives it to fullback who scores !! Crowd cheers Players mob Chad and chair him off the field. In post match interview Peyton says " That's what I brought him here for ! " 😰

myrrh ken

First Grade
i found a highlight reel of Chad in 2016. Admittedly most of it is fluff. But he did do a good few things

Wasnt there a lowlight reel going around?

txta2

Bench
jurassic park deal with it GIF
Chad is back

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't get the death riding. Yep, I bagged him out, especially in his final season and rightly so IMO. But now he's gone, I don't understand the waste of energy in watching his every move, just waiting for him to fail.

If he's having a generally good season at the Cowboys, why would that upset you?

Diversion away from current sacred cows mmmooooooooooooooo!!!

Quigs

Immortal
I watched the Pom Challenge Cup Final replay today. "The Tackle" Lutele scored the first try of the match. Wigan still got up though right on the death.

carinashark

First Grade
I watched the Cowboys and Chad dose so little! A lot of second in tackles and flops in defence. Generally a big kick on the fifth. Busy but really not that much of a contribution. If they had a Nicho or a Miller they would be in the finals. They just need that speed, even Metcalf would have been a good choice.

2 polarising ex sharks that could conceivably take out another title in another team. Too much water to go under the bridge to say they can't. Cows are easily the most impressive improvers.
long way to go yet but on the right trajectory.
I was actually impressed against the panthers.
defended over 100 tackles more than penrith and penrith had a truck load of possession in their 20.
conceded only 1 second half try also.
down a big body in the middle with JT.
I think they will take a lot out of that game.
defensively very impressive.

ghoti

Bench
long way to go yet but on the right trajectory.
I was actually impressed against the panthers.
defended over 100 tackles more than penrith and penrith had a truck load of possession in their 20.
conceded only 1 second half try also.
down a big body in the middle with JT.
I think they will take a lot out of that game.
defensively very impressive.
Their defensive improvement is wild hey... They've been so so bad for a few years running, and to turn it around like that is mind boggling. Showed how far ahead of everyone Penrith is really, but good signs if Cows can work on holding composure against the gun sides..

Their defensive improvement is wild hey... They've been so so bad for a few years running, and to turn it around like that is mind boggling. Showed how far ahead of everyone Penrith is really, but good signs if Cows can work on holding composure against the gun sides..
Payten and young have put a lot of steel in their defensive attitude.
their energy is fantastic.
even after long periods without the ball like Friday night.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Chad is leading that team quite well.

Besides a few, they are kids and for me I see them just follow.

Iron hair Chad, does not miss games, this is over looked. Not sure how he does it, he does not pussy out in tackles. Sure bad reads, but run at him he does not shirk it.

Payten coach of the year.

Latest posts