What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge Cup Final 2008

Calixte

First Grade
So, what do we think?

Hull FC or St Helens?

Anyone who doesn't understand the splendour of this event, the world's consistently largest annual rugby crowd, should tune in for only the second Wembley Final since the reconstruction of the stadium.

It will be used for the London 2012 Olympics of course as well.

Hull FC have never won the Challenge Cup at Wembley - although they have conspired to win it away from the stadium on 3 occasions...

roughyedspud

Coach
i'll be in the st helens end......so i'll be risking life and limb if i don't cheers for the scousers :lol:

roughyedspud

Coach
it's also shaping up to be the most watched RL game ever with the game being broadcast live in the following countries

UK - bbc
Australia - fox sports
New zealand - sky
france - canal+
USA - setanta north america & ESPN360.com
the middle east - does'nt say who but i assume it's showtime,who are doing the RLWC too.
canal+ will also broadcast the game to french overseas territories and french speaking african countries..

great stuff

jim_57

Staff member
I can't wait, 11pm live on saturday night.

Nice to see Fox giving it some recognition, I looked at the TV Guide and it said something like this "The Final of Rugby League's most prestigous Competition, featuring teams from all over europue including England, France, Wales, Scotland and Russia". However I havn't seen an ad yet as I did for the semi's but no doubt they will flog it during the week.

I'll be going for Hull FC!

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I'm really looking forward to it too. I've always had a soft spot for Hull FC and if I was to say that I 'supported' a club from 10,000 kms away it is them.

They won't win though. But I do suppose that after 20 straight wins you must be creeping closer to a loss.

Coaster

Bench
Cant wait, just wish we would do something similar here in Australia, i love the event an the structure of the comp.

Saints to win, but ill be cheering for Hull

bulos01

Juniors
just got my tickets and will be sitting in the saints end. ive got a st george jersey at home so i might as well wear it and go for st helens. deep down i want hull to win it but i wont be saying anything till after the game lol

roughyedspud

Coach
just got my tickets and will be sitting in the saints end. ive got a st george jersey at home so i might as well wear it and go for st helens. deep down i want hull to win it but i wont be saying anything till after the game lol

i was gonna wear a retro oldham shirt...but it's easy to mistake it for a wigan shirt and as i'm in the st'helens end that won't be wise :lol:

looks like i'll be wearing my new england shirt..

mojofilter

Juniors
Enjoy the game guys ... I'm from St.Helens but I've just moved to Ohio so I'll have to listed to the game on the radio .....

Come on the Saints !!!!!!

jim_57

Staff member
Enjoy the game guys ... I'm from St.Helens but I've just moved to Ohio so I'll have to listed to the game on the radio .....

Come on the Saints !!!!!!

You can still watch in USA. It is on on Setanta if you have that channell if not espn360.com

mojofilter

Juniors
Thanks for that, we wanted to get direct tv just so that I could get Setanta but they could only let us have dial-up internet so we had to go with timewarner...

I'll check out espn360.com :)

You can still watch in USA. It is on on Setanta if you have that channell if not espn360.com