What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Champion & Merritt

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
Still can’t fathom how the NSW selectors continue to overlook the right side attack of South Sydney duo Champion and Merritt. Collectively they have scored 27 tries, compared to the combined total of 7 for what I presume will be our right side attack in Scott and Gordon. Sure Scott is there for his defence against Inglis but surely we need to ask questions of Inglis in defence by putting him under pressure with the speed of Champion and Merritt. Lets face it NSW need to score 24 points plus to have a chance and personally that right side is not capable of scoring points, unless from kicks. Also as much as Barrett has been a great player in the past I thought we were picking a side for the future? Barrett has already indicated he is retiring so why waste this perfect opportunity to blood a Soward, Sutton or Carney for that matter? Once again I am left baffled by the NSW selections but I shouldn’t be surprised as they are becoming as predictable as a QLD victory. Its groundhog day!

Agree. Merritt continues to score tries and press for selection and he continues to be overlooked by a procession of nuffies. Some of the blokes that have been picked in front of him have been criminal.

Ttime

Juniors
well at least they are heading in the right direction by putting Jennings there in front of Scott. but still. i have lost all faith in NSW.

thinking of doing the unthinkable... switching alliances.

Zigwaa

Bench
Scott's still there. I don't know how commentators think he played well in Origin II?!?! He was deadset hopeless. Why not put Lawrence in there or someone who is actually a chance of scoring some points?

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
Is anyone the least bit surprised no Souths payers were chosen. To be a N.S.W selector your first job is to ignore Souths players. It's no wonder i haven't gone for the blues since 1989. I have no problem with champion being chosen as he has a bit to prove yet, though next year if form warrants he should get a look in (his last 3 games have been below average). Merritt will never get chosen because he has talent and thats something Daley, Bozo and the other clowns can't see. So in conclusion even though i've never lived in Queensland and never will, like the last 20 years....... Go Queensland!

Latest posts