What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Championship Play-off Final: Crystal Palace vs Watford F.C.

BDR

First Grade
Anyone pumped for this game? This is always one of my favourite games of the year.

This year I'm riding the Palace bandwagon, for Jedinak mainly. I think they will have too much class in the forwards too.

Should be a close and entertaining game.

Mong

Post Whore
I usually am also, sucks i will have to find a place to watch it as i don't have setanta.

Don't really care who wins this one, either side being promoted will be a good addition to the league.

Jimbo

Immortal
This year I'm riding the Palace bandwagon, for Jedinak mainly. I think they will have too much class in the forwards too.

Their top striker is out through an injury he picked up in the semis

Would be good to see Jedinak in the PL. London derbies are awesome too, so it would be good to see Palace replace QPR, keeping the count at six

whall15

Coach
Watford are a London club as well so that's irrelevant, although I would like to see Jedinak get a years worth of EPL experience before the World Cup (if we make it).

BDR

First Grade
Their top striker is out through an injury he picked up in the semis

Would be good to see Jedinak in the PL. London derbies are awesome too, so it would be good to see Palace replace QPR, keeping the count at six

Damn must have missed the injury to Murray. That's a big blow for the eagles he has been unstoppable this season

Haffa

My cousins live near Selhurst Park and they've all grown up mad palace supporters, so I'll be cheering on Watford.

Plus there is the Zola factor.

BDR

First Grade
Not very exciting so far, ball is stuck in midfield and both teams struggling to get much happening in the forward 1/3

Jedinak very strong in that DM role

Timbo

Staff member
Palace was all over them in the second half and couldn't finish. Zaha was close to unstoppable.

Going into extra time now.

BDR

First Grade
Oooooh, Zaha wins a clear penalty in ET and they slot it.

Cassetti again! How must he feel

BDR

First Grade
Amazing scenes there, practically every Watford fan left right away and almost exactly 1/2 of Wembley was just rocking and singing. Jedinak lifts the trophy as captain.

Palace thoroughly deserved that.

Mong

Post Whore
That's pretty standard... Who wants to watch the other side celebrate a return to the PL while your team faces another long CS season.

It's funny watching half a stadium disappear so quickly though..

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Wasn't Poppa captain the last time Palace won a promotion play-off?

Maybe they should just appoint another Australian when they get relegated again...

Latest posts