What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chance of a No home final at all?

Sime_11

Juniors
I just want to say this as a figuratively speaking topic, we still have 4 games to go and the boys need to keep working hard & do what they have been doing all season to get more wins and maintain out spot in the Top 4.

just say Penrith finish 3rd or 4th at the end this regular season and play Manly or Souths (or another team if not them) as an away game in finals wk 1 and miraculously Penrith win that game so we progress straight through to wk 3 prelim final.

Do we get a home game prelim final at Penrith or does it get shifted to ANZ/Allianz so the NRL gets bigger crowds etc?

If this was to happen this season, we wont get to see a Penrith final at home this season.... thats a bit of a rort yeh?

I know if we lose wk 1 (if we are in Top 4), we get a home semi at Penrith.

maple_69

Bench
I thought they were all home city finals now. Our home games would be ANZ.
Last year Manly played week 2 out of Allianz against the Sharks and that wouldn't have been a blockbuster crowd from memory.

Sime_11

Juniors
so basically all Sydney teams from Wk 2 onwards have to play either Allianz/ANZ regardless?

I would still go regardless but thats pretty fkd if its the case.

franklin2323

Immortal
Week 1 if we play an interstate team you can use Sportingbet staduim as it wouldn't draw much more then 15k. Stupid because the same can be said for if we play say NQ week 2.

Sime_11

Juniors
obviously this wont be a popular comment lol but NRL may as well force all Sydney teams to play at either ANZ/Allianz. and probably will happen in the future.

What happens when we have to play Canterbury or Souths in a finals game at ANZ and we are the home team? certainly wont be a home game for us Panther fans thats for sure......

franklin2323

Immortal
obviously this wont be a popular comment lol but NRL may as well force all Sydney teams to play at either ANZ/Allianz. and probably will happen in the future.

What happens when we have to play Canterbury or Souths in a finals game at ANZ and we are the home team? certainly wont be a home game for us Panther fans thats for sure......

Hopefully we use Allianz in that case.

franklin2323

Immortal

kiwipete

Juniors
Talking about finals series, can anyone give me an update on how the NSW Cup finals are structured this year? I know we have to play the GF at Allianz if we qualify a week earlier than NRL but is it still 1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd etc..?

maple_69

Bench
Penrith play teams until there are no more is the format this year. On top of playing of with the QLD Cup winner they should get a crack at the NRL spooners.

franklin2323

Immortal
Talking about finals series, can anyone give me an update on how the NSW Cup finals are structured this year? I know we have to play the GF at Allianz if we qualify a week earlier than NRL but is it still 1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd etc..?

Yeah same Structure the GF is the Sunday before the NRL GF. I am hoping we get to play our semi at home before Round 26

forby

Juniors
The system is blatantly in favour of the out of sydney teams. Penrith should be lobbying to be regarded as a regional team for the first 2 weeks of the finals, similar to Geelong in the AFL. Canberra and Newcastle are regional teams so why not penrith?

maple_69

Bench
Well not really. Sydney teams get to play the big ones in their home city. Out of town teams have to slog up and win it all away so it balances out.

Latest posts