What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chance t williams might stay.....

Avenger

Immortal
Both your gut and Cardinals sources will be elevated amongst the clouds.

I spoke about it with stagger today, (you don't want to be stuck in the desert with stagger, he is way too pessimistic :D) Anyway I reckon if it comes to fruition then my elevated status will demand stagger change his name back to eelavation.

Agreed ?

It will be a small token of my wisdom and optimistic outlook on life. :lol:

Fathead

Bench
I spoke about it with stagger today, (you don't want to be stuck in the desert with stagger, he is way too pessimistic :D) Anyway I reckon if it comes to fruition then my elevated status will demand stagger change his name back to eelavation.

Agreed ?

A small price to pay :)

Stagger eel

Staff member

Agreed ?

you have yourself a deal....;-)

Bazal

Post Whore
So as I see it....we have about 1 chance in a million of keeping Tony (if that). Don't get me wrong, I'll be stoked if it happens....But we'll have to have offered and have him accepted BEFORE he plays, thus nullifying the "play well and we'll sign you up" argument...

Won;t stop me from trying to put the wind up the Manly fans though :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
tears.jpg

The Colonel

Immortal
He who laughs last, laughs longest....... (starting to sound like pete).

I reckon we have as much chance as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest of signing him.

Gutsy, gutsy move cardinal.

Bazal

Post Whore
He who laughs last, laughs longest....... (starting to sound like pete).

I reckon we have as much chance as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest of signing him.

Gutsy, gutsy move cardinal.

I disagree :fist:

I reckon you're overrating our chances

Gronk

Staff member
Williams gets a go

Brad Earl
Wednesday 4 June, 2008 12:01am

ONE week the Parramatta Eels got involved in a public slanging match over Manly's signing of teenage sensation Tony Williams, the next they've picked him to make his NRL debut.
Williams has been named on the wing in a reshuffled backline.
A selection casualty is Eric Grothe, dropped after another substandard defensive performance in the last-gasp 30-26 away loss to Brisbane last Friday.
A week ago the Eels issued a press release expressing their disappointment at Williams's signing of a three-year deal with the Sea Eagles.
Chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said: "Unfortunately Manly have come up with a massive offer, which was about double our offer, and our salary cap prevented us from increasing our bid for a player who is yet to play first grade."
That will change on Saturday night in the Eels' home game against Canberra.
Coach Michael Hagan told the Advertiser Etu Uaisele also had been in the frame for a debut but would be out for about six weeks with an ankle injury.
Williams, 19, plays either in the back row or as a centre or winger.
"My thoughts are that if players are contracted for this year, you get the best out of the player and you do what's best for the football team," Hagan said.
"I've done that before and I'm happy to do it again."
Hagan, who has a reputation for rarely dropping players, has had to bite the bullet with Grothe after his opposite Broncos number, Denan Kemp, crossed for four tries. "In the end, my patience, and the team's patience, has run out," he said on Grothe.
"Unfortunately, there's a couple of areas of his game that he needs to work on.
"He'll have to work on that in NSW Cup (with Wentworthville) in the next week or two."
Centre Jarryd Hayne is contesting the grading of his dangerous throw charge from last week's game but because of State of Origin II, will be out this week regardless.
Forward Brendan Oake has accepted a one-match ban on a striking charge.
The Eels play the Raiders at Parramatta Stadium on Saturday, with NRL at 7.30pm

http://www.parramattaadvertiser.com.au/article/2008/06/04/1784_sports.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
a caller by the name of Danny from Kingsgrove brought this matter up on the BSB this morning and asked TK to look into it, he came back 10 minutes later saying that he's lead to believe that Parra don'y have the cash to match the offer.

as far as I'm concerned that's the end of the matter...it aint happening.

Bazal

Post Whore
That'll do me...not that it's not happening, that we "have no cash". What the f@ck were we offering Ennis, free meals at the bloody bistro and a TAB ticket?

Stagger eel

Staff member
That'll do me...not that it's not happening, that we "have no cash". What the f@ck were we offering Ennis, free meals at the bloody bistro and a TAB ticket?

that's right - apparently we have "cap" problems...:lol:

FMD!!! has this club gone to **** or what???