What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of subject

Bigfella

Coach
The boardroom debacles and the obvious glee that vultures like prozenko and massoud take in it all leave me depressed and wanting to change the subject.

So this thread is off topic.

I have recently had two extremely uncomfortable experiences.

The first has been listening to warren Ryan on the abc condescending and humiliating the female sideline eye. Had anyone heard it? One of the most cringeworthy things I have ever listened to. I'm seriously worried for warren's mental state if he ever finds out that women have been given the vote.

The second is listening to Christopher pyne on q & a. f**k me dead that bloke should not be heard from.

Discuss or offer a more awkward experience?

spiderdan

Bench
In my stint working in hospitality years ago i contributed to nearly killing a guy i worked with because when he asked me if satay sauce had peanuts in it and I replied "I dunno. Don't think so".

Anyway after a brief trip to hospital he survived and I learned that satay sauce does in fact have peanuts in it (something I could've learned reading the menu and he should have known in the first place having a peanut allergy n all). I think the experience made us both stronger individuals.

Note: not sure how close to death he was but his face did look a little like rocky balboa's after Apollo beat the snot out of it in rocky i.

Suitman

Post Whore
I watched Q&A tonight.
I didn't have to wait for this sample to realise that Pyne is a whiney little bitch.
I knew that long ago.
The Warren Ryan incident, as abhorrent as it was, should be dealt with internally.
I mean, physically internally. The guy is a fossil.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Did Chris Pyne stick it up 'em again? f**ken good on him!

My favourite politician since Peter Costello.

Bigfella

Coach

Delboy

First Grade
Q&A is a major left wing joke, don't. Know why anyone except the loony left watch it, it's as biased as AJ in the morning

Still can't believe the knob , Shorten , carrying on about the deficit as if those dopes didn't put us in that position. I would love to start off with $20 billion in the bank, spend like a drunken sailor and still blame someone else, politics has lost the plot

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nice try Pou.

I'm serious, I thought Costello was great. One of those blokes you hate if he's on the other side.

Abbott's got no charisma, like John Howard, which is why I know they are suitable Prime Ministers. We should all be suspicious of charismatic politicians, which is why I'm glad Costello didn't get the job. I would be unable to be objective about him. Absolute legend.

Q&A is a major left wing joke, don't. Know why anyone except the loony left watch it, it's as biased as AJ in the morning

Still can't believe the knob , Shorten , carrying on about the deficit as if those dopes didn't put us in that position. I would love to start off with $20 billion in the bank, spend like a drunken sailor and still blame someone else, politics has lost the plot

Yeh, right Delboy. The GFC didn't happen. And the bulk of the explosion in public service numbers actually happened in the last months of the Howard govt (but it is convenient for people to quote growth from the start of 2007 to 201X). In retrospect, they went too hard with some programs (and should never have given the pink bats program time of day) but a lot people busy making 'stop the boats' signs while spending their Family Tax benefit A and B wouldn't have kept their jobs without the 2009 stimulus. The big hit to the budget came from falling revenues (predictions of which Treasury frigged up on a continuous basis).

But then, of course, our budget position is so bad that we can introduce a paid parental leave scheme.......

Agree with Pou that Costello was a positive influence on our society / economy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pyne is like a kid at Primary School with all his silly little name calling.

Cant stand the sight of him.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Having sex with a ghost would be awkward,

Bloody Casper gets all the hot chicks :D

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/natasha-blasick-claims-she-had-sex-with-a-ghost/story-fn907478-1226901600339

600313-578e7c2a-d0a9-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015.jpg

A UKRAINIAN-actor has claimed that she had sex with a ghost and that it was “really, really pleasurable”.

C-grade actor Natasha Blasick told UK TV show This Morning that she was at home without her husband (convenient) when the experience took place.

“I was laying in bed and then I felt something enter the room and I couldn’t see anybody,” Blasick said.

“I could feel that somebody was touching me and the hands were pushing me against my will and I could feel the weight of the body on top of me.

“I couldn’t see anybody but I could feel the pressure, the energy, the warmth pushing in different directions.”

Gronk

Staff member
The second is listening to Christopher pyne on q & a. f**k me dead that bloke should not be heard from.
If I could only punch one person today, my free hit would go without hesitation to Christopher Pyne.

After your lambasting of the ABC and at the other pole, the conservatives mouth piece Alan Jones, I was looking forward to a balanced view on the economy and the state of play. Shame that.

Yeh, right Delboy. The GFC didn't happen. And the bulk of the explosion in public service numbers actually happened in the last months of the Howard govt (but it is convenient for people to quote growth from the start of 2007 to 201X). In retrospect, they went too hard with some programs (and should never have given the pink bats program time of day) but a lot people busy making 'stop the boats' signs while spending their Family Tax benefit A and B wouldn't have kept their jobs without the 2009 stimulus. The big hit to the budget came from falling revenues (predictions of which Treasury frigged up on a continuous basis).

But then, of course, our budget position is so bad that we can introduce a paid parental leave scheme.......

Agree with Pou that Costello was a positive influence on our society / economy.

Thank you Baz. :clap:

Gronk

Staff member
One of my best mates is battling cancer. A true inspiration. Paul is one of the best blokes you would ever want to meet. A gentlemen, a mentor, a legend.

I feel awkward and lost for words everytime I call or visit him and try and not breakdown in front of him. He simply tells me that "dying is no big deal."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...te-cancer-battle/story-fngr8hax-1226867640695

What a brave soul. Puts everything in perspective. Yesterday I spoke to a family friend who told me he has lymphoma and an old client who has now succumbed to his degenerative eye condition and now walks with a cane (he's 50 with 3 kids under 16).

strider

Post Whore
If I could only punch one person today, my free hit would go without hesitation to Christopher Pyne.

After your lambasting of the ABC and at the other pole, the conservatives mouth piece Alan Jones, I was looking forward to a balanced view on the economy and the state of play. Shame that.

Thank you Baz. :clap:

We should make a list of punchable heads. So far:

Besart Berisha
Billy Slater
Christopher Pyne

Avenger

Immortal
Sounds like a great bloke.

What a brave soul. Puts everything in perspective. Yesterday I spoke to a family friend who told me he has lymphoma and an old client who has now succumbed to his degenerative eye condition and now walks with a cane (he's 50 with 3 kids under 16).

Thanks Gentlemen. Like I said he is truly a one in a million kind of guy. Last week I asked him if during this difficult time if he was getting solace in anything. He said that people calling him was important. Our PM even called him as they attend the same surf club. In addition Paul said that he was getting a little more spiritual in his thinking. It made me think, are we humans conditioned to think like that, especially during difficult times ? Is there anything there after we go ? Or is this all one big accident and coincidence?

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Thanks Gentlemen. Like I said he is truly a one in a million kind of guy. Last week I asked him if during this difficult time if he was getting solace in anything. He said that people calling him was important. Our PM even called him as they attend the same surf club. In addition Paul said that he was getting a little more spiritual in his thinking. It made me think, are we humans conditioned to think like that, especially during difficult times ? Is there anything there after we go ? Or is this all one big accident and coincidence?

My 4 year old asked me a question last night. He said "why do humans exist?" I found it tricky to answer.

Latest posts