What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

changes

tlk

Bench
tym to drop cov!
his gotta go miss reads,cant kick and runs softer then a legless 60yr old!
the days of the cov show are over.
secondly,yes fraser had a good game but fmd his gotta start passing to,at least 3 or 4 tyms der had he passed pom was in!
cooper waste of space drop him and bring up snowden!

Stalefish

Juniors
I wouldn't go to overboard just yet...

Is it this week we get Gallen back?
I don't think i'd throw Snowden in just yet but he's definately not far away.
Stapleton deserves a shot on the wing.
Bring back Selmes onto the bench.

And if we still can't put on a decent attacking display, maybe move Bird to 5/8 and Seymour to halfback.

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
Can't help thinking that it actually doesn't matter who we have out there. Same old, same old .. I wonder if Anderson was right about the "losing culture"

That said, there needs to be a message sent that there's no gold passes for FG spots. There are a few down on confidence who need to build back some form, and I'd really like to see some experimenting in the halves. 20 points a game isn't enough.

1. B.Kearney
2. B.Goodwin
3. K.Filiga
4. N.Stapelton
5. M.Brown
6. B.Seymour
7. B.Kimmorley
8. L.Douglas
9. I De Gois
10. J.Selmes
11. P.Gallen
12. F.Anderson
13. G.Bird
14. K.Snowden
15. T Seu Seu
16. B.Pomeroy
17. T.Grubb

Surely

Post Whore
20 points a game is 520 in a season, thats enough.

Stopping soft tries is an issue.

Somone with a bit of basic attacking flair is needed, I think all the backs bar Seymour and Kearney are playing on borrowed time.

coolumsharkie

Referee
tym to drop cov!
his gotta go miss reads,cant kick and runs softer then a legless 60yr old!
the days of the cov show are over.
secondly,yes fraser had a good game but fmd his gotta start passing to,at least 3 or 4 tyms der had he passed pom was in!
cooper waste of space drop him and bring up snowden!

Who the f**k is Tym and why is there 3 or 4 of him?

Der... ummm he sounds pretty der ummm dumb for someone with a multi personality disorder.

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
If...
Steve Folkes can drop Sherwin, Mason, Maitua
Nathan Brown can drop Soward, Woolford
Bellamy can drop Slater, Kafusi
Mick Hagan can drop Tim Smith
Brian Smith can drop Clint Newtown, Kirk Renoldson, Josh Perry

... then why the F*** is it so hard for Ricky Stuart to drop Kimmorley???

FMD Sticky is as soft as Roper.

samshark

Juniors
Not sure why many are keen to throw Stapleton or anyone else from the U20's in. Massive jump from U20's to NRL. Lets see how he goes for the Cobras first. I'd be giving Travis Robinson a go first.

That team you have SSB68 would get smashed. Pomeroy is one of the best centres in the comp.

The problem is plain and simple. You have three backline players in Covell, Simmons and Goodwin who are not good enough, fast enough, strong enough whatever to create anything for themselves or others and a halfback in Kimorley who is not good enough to create anything for them.

Fix those areas and the points will flow. Problem is we dont have anyone else to put in besides Brown who is injured. Anyone else is unproven at this level.

tye

Juniors
Green and Brown Should be back from injury this week, Gallen back from suspension. Seu Seu is available, so there are some options there for Ricky!

Feej

First Grade
If...
Steve Folkes can drop Sherwin, Mason, Maitua
Nathan Brown can drop Soward, Woolford
Bellamy can drop Slater, Kafusi
Mick Hagan can drop Tim Smith
Brian Smith can drop Clint Newtown, Kirk Renoldson, Josh Perry

... then why the F*** is it so hard for Ricky Stuart to drop Kimmorley???

FMD Sticky is as soft as Roper.
Makes you wonder what might be going on that we don't know about?

Special K

Coach
1. Kearney
2. Goodwin
3. Pomeroy
4. Filiga
5. Simmons
6. Seymour
7. Kimmorley
8. Douglas
9. Kingston
10. Snowden (Selmes type role.. the big guy who just carts it up)
11. Gallen
12. Anderson
13. Bird (gk)

14. Nutley
15. Norrie
16. De Gois
17. Peek

3 big boppers who can play lengthy time. Norrie and Nuts can play prop or 2nd. Plus our backrow can all go 80. Simmons keeps a spot because Brown isn't back yet and Goodwin needs to get involved.

Frenzy.

Immortal
1. Kearney
2. Goodwin
3. Pomeroy
4. Filiga
5. Simmons
6. Seymour
7. Kimmorley
8. Douglas
9. Kingston
10. Snowden (Selmes type role.. the big guy who just carts it up)
11. Gallen
12. Anderson
13. Bird (gk)

14. Nutley
15. Norrie
16. De Gois
17. Peek

3 big boppers who can play lengthy time. Norrie and Nuts can play prop or 2nd. Plus our backrow can all go 80. Simmons keeps a spot because Brown isn't back yet and Goodwin needs to get involved.

Good looking side K but still reeks of the obvious weaknesses.

1,6,7 and 9. We've all known for years these are the money positions. We lack in 7 and 9 and although playing well our 1 and 6 are not going to bring home the bacon.

Special K

Coach
We really need to be active on the lower grade market because like you said we don't have anything in the 7 or 9. I don't think Kinga or De Gois is the answer for our 9 either. We all know Noddy isn't for the 7.

The more I think about Seymour at 7 the more I warm to it. Shame it won't happen

Weaponhead

Coach
Ricky has shown himself to be a conservative coach in his time in the top grade. IMO now is the time for revolution in the team and in our thinking. We have 8 points in the bank which is a good start. With 1 game before the bye and the fact that our backline is appalling, I believe that we should be throwing talented young backline players into firsts and give them the season to gain valuable experience. With our start we may make the 8 this year and with some time to build confidence these youngsters may actually do some damage. By next year they will be established first graders and ready to give the comp a shake.

Defensively we are strong. This is a great base to work from. Ricky has tried to teach our old dogs some new trciks but they are not learning quickly enough and most likely won't learn. The following is the team that I would like to see but know that it won't happen.

1. Kearney
2. Stapleton
3. Filiga
4. T. Robinson
5. Simmons (until Brown is fit)
6. Green
7. Seymour
8. Douglas
9. De Gois
10. Peek (until Ross back)
11. Anderson
12. Gallen
13. Bird
14. Seu Seu
15. Snowden
16. Norrie or Nutley
17. Pommeroy (wide running backrower and backline cover)

All of the outside backs have size and plenty of speed. At present we are far too slow and very hesitant defensively. Travis hasn't done a lot recently but from what I have seen he has the talent and needs to be given a shot to see whether he is good enough.

Time for Kimmorley to go. For all of the obvious reasons. He tries hard and tackles OK for a guy his size but that is not enough to deserve $300k. We need to see whether Green and Seymour can run this team. If Green and Seymour are given license to play some football and with quick players outside we may actually see some tries scored. Not to mention the vast improvement in short kicking options.

The pack takes care of itself. Once Ross is back there is exprienced cover in Peek, Norrie and Nuts competing for a bench spot. I am looking forward to seeing what Snowden can do in firsts. He has the power running game that we are lacking. He clearly needs to lift his discipline but lets give him a shot and see how he goes.

Time to roll the dice and make a move. It may not work short term but it will be interesting to see us try something different.

Special K

Coach
That team would get lapped by 70.

Why do people think playing a bunch of untested players all over the place will turn things around?

You can't just throw them ALL in the deep end.

Weaponhead

Coach
I am not normally an advocate for the old 'give the young blokes a chance' call. It is the easiest thing to say when your team is not delivering. But in this instance, it is clear that our current team selections and structure are not developing to the extent that we can play the type of football required to compete with the quality teams once the comp gets going (July on). Playing this grinding style has gotten us some good wins so far but everyone nows that we don't have sufficient attacking options in this team.

Our pack does a decent job and is not the problem. Our backline attack is awful. Noddy doesn't create enough to do the job and our outside backs are slow and don't threaten the opposition.

We can persevere with what we are doing and scrape into the 8 playing a dour grinding game. Or we can make some radical chages with a view to developing a team that may compete at the top in the next couple of years. These guys may be good enough or they may not be. If they get a go then at least we will find out. If it all goes to sh*t then what have we lost? Not much in my view.

fatshark

Bench
gee I wish the days of Et, rat, barnett carving teams up came back. But it wont happen. As long as Bk does one good kick or pass a game you know he wont be going anywhere. Im over him as well. He is so predictable now that teams can leave yawning gaps as they know he wont try to through them or he is to slow to try. It happened last night yet he threw the ball to the opposition.:crazy:
Just have to live with a grinding type of team for a while me thinks.

A backline full of premier league and untested Toyota cup players is not the answer.

Gallen in for Stepenson, and Brown in for Covell are the only changes I'd make. We