What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10 Brisbane - YOU are a JOKE!

Heritage XIII

Juniors
I couldn't believe in the courier mail last friday they had 6 pages of AFL & Monday's had 4 pages plus whole page on Blindside by that hack Craddock. I'm afraid the AFL has infiltrated our papers. Like who cares about two melbourne teams up here? The ratings suggested like wise, pretty piss poor.

Thomas

First Grade
I couldn't believe in the courier mail last friday they had 6 pages of AFL

How DARE they have 6 pages of AFL the day before the AFL Grand Final.

You should write a letter to the editor. For shame... :crazy:

The Courier Mail is easily one of the best papers in Australia when it comes to sports reporting. Every sport gets a fair go. The rest of the paper is tripe though.

channel 10 has rights to AFL, they are obliged to put that sport first.
SBS shows soccer first.

Do Channel 9 in Melbourne put NRL ahead of AFL?

Of course not!

Channel 10 also partially owns the right to other sports like NFL, NBA and MLB. Should they have news stories about those sports ahead of NRL?

Of course not!

Channel 10 Brisbane are NOT obliged to put AFL ahead of NRL in their news stories. They just made a massive error in judgement and I suspect they will NOT make the same mistake tonight or any other night this week ..

Do Channel 9 in Melbourne put NRL ahead of AFL?

Of course not!

Channel 10 also partially owns the right to other sports like NFL, NBA and MLB. Should they have news stories about those sports ahead of NRL?

Of course not!

Channel 10 Brisbane are NOT obliged to put AFL ahead of NRL in their news stories. They just made a massive error in judgement and I suspect they will NOT make the same mistake tonight or any other night this week ..

I can only suspect they are doing it for commercial reasons to promote AFL, because they have signed to show afl games. What other reason do you have?

I can only suspect they are doing it for commercial reasons to promote AFL, because they have signed to show afl games. What other reason do you have?

Massive error in judgement. They thought wrongly that Queenslanders cared what some nothing AFL player did. Same sort of error in judgement by agreeing to show AFL live into prime time in Queensland and NSW. They are losing millions in doing so.

Joker's Wild

Coach
LOL pretty poor although channel 10 is an AFL channel and there is also alot of Victorians living in QLD. Also the Storm and Eels in a GF not that many people will really give a rats arse about it IMO.

Yeah, we give much more of a sh*t about a fumbleball game that consisted of 2 Victorian sides :roll:

Give yourself 1000

Just on what you said here mate,

I live in Montreal (from brissy) and they are talking about CanWest media trying to flog off their 49% share of channel 10 Australia for about $500mil - so saying Ten is worth over $1billion. In the article they had in the paper here they said that it was all on the back of
masterchef??? Is the word there channel 10 is stuffed?

Anyways, Ten has never cared much for Brissy since they changed from Channel 0 - back when Billy J. Smith called the footy.....

I agree with what you say though, Brisbane IS a rugby league town and 10 should have led with it...

At the start of the year there was talk of Ch 10 dropping the Simpsons as a cost cutting exercise. Thankfully, they backed down (for them at least cause it would have been a disaster). Masterchef has been a real find for them this year. But how long will it last? And counteracting Masterchef that has been the DREADFUL AFL ratings into NSW and QLD. There are major issues when one of your flagship programs is continually beaten by SBS ... AND you can't drop the program. They are losing MILLIONS by broadcasting AFL into NSW and QLD during primetime.

Financial Troubles Force Channel 10 to Drop The Simpsons

http://brisbane.citysearch.com.au/t...roubles+Force+Channel+10+to+Drop+The+Simpsons

Yeah, we give much more of a sh*t about a fumbleball game that consisted of 2 Victorian sides :roll:

Give yourself 1000

But the story wasn't about the AFL grand final. It was about the antics of some idiot AFL player whom I never knew existed, and I doubt many Queenslanders never knew existed.

Exactly my point mate

Im on your side in this

I know you are my side in this. I was saying the story wasn't even about the AFL grand final. And that makes the fact the story was shown before an NRL grand final story even more pitiful.

Last edited:
f**k me some people get worked up over nothing

WAHHHHH ch 10 didnt wank over my beloved eels WAHHH

babies

f**k me some people are pretentious little F**KTARDS!
We don't care about your opinion. You offer nothing. You are worthless. You are pointless. All you do is whinge about nothing.

You are like a little baby

Wait, you are a little baby

Funky Munky

Juniors
f**k me some people are pretentious little F**KTARDS!
We don't care about your opinion. You offer nothing. You are worthless. You are pointless. All you do is whinge about nothing.

You are like a little baby

Wait, you are a little baby

im pretentious? i dont even know what that means champ. how bout we all talk E-N-G-L-I-S-H

im pretentious? i dont even know what that means champ. how bout we all talk E-N-G-L-I-S-H

You are kidding right?

It means you are throwing your opinion out there with such reckless abandon as though you think your opinion is of high value or something. It is not. You are a worthless piece of trash whose opinion is about as valuable as a dog turd on the bottom of your shoe.