What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charges dropped against Watts

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah surprised this thread wasn't started by TheRam himself.

Oh he's aware of it, but needs two hands to type. ;-)

wanking.gif

SDM

First Grade
I can't believe the cops made up charges against the poor bloke and tried to destroy his career.

Gronk

Staff member
Trouble seems to follow nomad Anthony Watts

THERE is a bloke at the Cronulla Sharks named Graham Cachia. He is a butcher by trade and runs what locals call The Shark House.

It is a single-level dwelling in the Shire where kids who join Cronulla Sharks from the country and Queensland can live rent-free and be fed the right food and advice. They arrive with stars in their eyes and hunger in their bellies.

Anthony Watts, then nicknamed Milky, was one of these players when he went to Toyota Stadium in 2007. But his hunger soon turned to anger.

Sharks officials told the under-20s Toyota Cup side to celebrate their 2007 Mad Monday away from the public, inside The Shark House.

Food was brought in to keep the players sober and Cachia, the house manager, looked after them and their needs.

When it appeared the players were becoming intoxicated, Cachia stepped in - much to the frustration of Watts.

Watts said to Cachia: "You have been riding me all year."

Cachia told the volatile Watts to calm down. Instead, Watts lunged at Cachia and a scuffle ensued.

Once separated, it didn't take long for then head coach Ricky Stuart to learn of the drama.

Aware of Cachia's dedication to the club, Stuart was filthy. Watts was sacked.

"By then we'd had enough of him," one Cronulla official said at the time. "We'd thrown him a lifeline and this is how he repaid us.

"The house managers [Cachia] do so much for the players. This was Anthony's way of saying thank you."

The year before hadn't ended much better for Watts.

He had been part of the Sydney Roosters' under-20s squad after joining as a kid from Queensland.

The Roosters have similar accommodation to The Shark House called Lamrock. It is a brick house in North Bondi where the club houses most of its rising young stars.

Lamrock was the place where the cracks started to appear in the life and football career of Watts, who has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend, Shannon Kiss.

"There were about six young players in Lamrock at the time when Anthony was there," a Roosters official at the time said.

"They had to kick Anthony out. He was drinking. He was a disruption.

"It was one of the reasons the Roosters moved him on. Why did the Roosters take him back a few years later?"

Watts has been involved in other incidents over the past year. Once he was removed from a Bondi Beach hotel in a drama that involved security and police.

However, officials at North Queensland say he was well behaved during his three years in Townsville.

They claim Watts did not want to return to Sydney but did so to follow Kiss.

One official told him: "You going to Sydney is like water and oil."

Cowboys football manager Peter Parr could not fault Watts, saying: "Whilst he was here, Anthony was no trouble.

"We knew when we signed him he had some previous issues but we worked really hard with him on his football and making him a better bloke.

"And we made inroads. I was disappointed to see him go the Roosters. I think Anthony wanted to stay as well."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ad-anthony-watts/story-e6frexnr-1226041210769

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah, I agree. The solution to our hooker issues is to sign up a bloke who is both worse than what we have on the field and a genuine derro off it....premiership 2012, here we come!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Do wenty need a reserve hooker?

We have a 9 and a 14 (MK and McGuire) - do we need a backup reserve?

Answer: probably!!

Having said that: I've never seen anything in Watts game to suggest that he's worth a shot. He just seems to stuff up all the time.

TheRam

Coach
We have a 9 and a 14 (MK and McGuire) - do we need a backup reserve?

Answer: probably!!

Having said that: I've never seen anything in Watts game to suggest that he's worth a shot. He just seems to stuff up all the time.

You are kidding Right?

Latest posts